Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(XB1/PS4) Virtual Cursor Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

1 hour ago, TwoWolves said:

I like how you didn't address the games that have a UI that lends itself to K&M, like Mass Effect, Skyrim and Fallout 4. Warframe was built for PC. It got ported to PS4 but the UI was first and foremost designed for keyboards and mice. 

Also, what, you're on the couch and can't be bothered to rest a keyboard across your lap? I do it all the time. It annoys me that all the keyboard shortcuts haven't been implemented yet and that I have to use the controller to do some things. If that would get fixed, I'd use both equally, but never at the same time.

And the long term trend in anything is always to make it simpler, easier, faster, and better. Coding is no different.

So I guess your opinion speaks for everyone then? Sorry, but some of us don't like a keyboard on our laps as we have different ways of sitting. I don't sit at a desk and don't always have a coffee table in front of me that I want to hunch over while typing.

When I do want to use a keyboard I have a tiny slim keyboard that I use on my tablet for emails. It doesn't easily sit in my lap but I can make it work when needed. I don't own a mouse nor would I have any place to put it while sitting on my couch unless I want to kill my back while awkwardly bent over for hours at a time.

Let's be honest, you sound like a younger gamer. I'm an older gamer and while you can do things like sleep in a tub after a party, my body can't do that any more. So what is comfortable for you just doesn't work for gamers like me.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if this has been posted already, but the alphabetical shortcut in the chat area (Pressing Right Analog Stick while the list of users in the chat is open) has fruitless D-Pad functionality.  Opening the alphabet to snap to that letter still is navigable with the D-Pad, but because pressing (A) selects using the cursor, the D-Pad navigation in this area does absolutely nothing.  To advance this cursor-centric UI design, D-Pad navigation here should be removed.

The alphabetical shortcut still works as would be expected of the new UI, it's just that it retains D-Pad navigation that is no longer supported.

Hello!

I'd love to make a bit of feedback on the cursor discussion. I'd also want to make excuses in advance because English is not my native and I will definitely make mistakes. I'll try to be as clear as I can.

We on PS4 have received several hotfixes since update 22.20.6 which fixed hot-keys on arsenal, drag-n-drop system of modding and other problems. 

But actually problems remain and they mostly apply to chats and inviting/talking to people. I've faced following problem that is crucial for me:

• after writing messages to several people (in trading or recruiting channel), i.e. pm-ing them in a row, I cannot click on any nickname to choose an option (talk/invite/ignore) or linked item. When everything is good and I point a cursor on the nickname, the text usually becomes yellow. When this problem happens the text remains white like there is no cursor at all. It looks like a cursor has a cooldown to start working again.

I have a video that can prove my words, though I cannot show that I clicked X to call a list of actions. But you can see that pointing cursor on a name result as nothing. 

Please, do something with it. I understand there may be technical difficulties with bringing old UI to consoles, but at least give all of us option to choose whether we want to use cursor or not. This problem makes me lose platinum, lose squads and lose my time when I'm trying to fix the problem (I've never succeeded to fix it though). I also do not want to buy a keyboard or mouse for this game because it's a waste of money for me. All I want is playing and trading. 

Thank you.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)amortentialis said:

Hello!

I'd love to make a bit of feedback on the cursor discussion. I'd also want to make excuses in advance because English is not my native and I will definitely make mistakes. I'll try to be as clear as I can.

We on PS4 have received several hotfixes since update 22.20.6 which fixed hot-keys on arsenal, drag-n-drop system of modding and other problems. 

But actually problems remain and they mostly apply to chats and inviting/talking to people. I've faced following problem that is crucial for me:

• after writing messages to several people (in trading or recruiting channel), i.e. pm-ing them in a row, I cannot click on any nickname to choose an option (talk/invite/ignore) or linked item. When everything is good and I point a cursor on the nickname, the text usually becomes yellow. When this problem happens the text remains white like there is no cursor at all. It looks like a cursor has a cooldown to start working again.

I have a video that can prove my words, though I cannot show that I clicked X to call a list of actions. But you can see that pointing cursor on a name result as nothing. 

Please, do something with it. I understand there may be technical difficulties with bringing old UI to consoles, but at least give all of us option to choose whether we want to use cursor or not. This problem makes me lose platinum, lose squads and lose my time when I'm trying to fix the problem (I've never succeeded to fix it though). I also do not want to buy a keyboard or mouse for this game because it's a waste of money for me. All I want is playing and trading. 

Thank you.

I would like to add to your comment that there is also issue when you have an open message dialog and someone is trying to invite you: basically the only way to accept the invitation you have to exit the message dialog by pressing O button which concurrently also coincide with "Decline" invitation, the UI since the cursor seem to interpret both messages as one thus forcing the inviting party to have to resend invitation. Additionally, because of the mechanics to access the chat options through cursor, the re-invitation action is slowed down as you have to navigate the name, and on top of that sometimes it bugs out of and you cannot select the options using the cursor (the dropdown still appears but selections are disabled). 

• Like 1

I have been using the new virtual cursor system for some time now and have a whole shopping list of problems with it. I will go over several here but not everything since a lot of people have covered the complaints I have. Below are the major issues I have with the new system on Xbox one. I preface each complaint with what I think would make the interface smoother.

1.) Make the B button actually take you back out of a menu. When trying to exit the navigation terminal often I have to mash the B button several times before it exits the terminal. When it does this there is a slight zoom out then back in which repeats until it let's me exit. This is extremely frustrating when trying to quickly change loadouts because I forgot to unequip a weapon I was trying to rank up when going into a sortie.

2.)Put back the loadout preview in the navigation screen and in the arsenal. With 12 different loadouts that change depending on sortie requirements I would like to see what is equipped on the loadout I am going into the mission with instead of getting a not so nice surprise when I take my Loki into a high level sortie defense with an unmoded rank 6 vectis when you were expecting your warcry valkyr with her soma prime. 

3.) Auto select the top most selection when entering a menu or auto select the most used selection in that menu when entering any menu. We can then use the D pad to scroll up or down through the menu quickly. You would still have the option to use the virtual cursor but it would feel more deliberate when you want to use it or when it needs to be used. 

4.) When scrolling down using the D pad the cursor should continue scrolling down one selection each time the down button is pressed and not stop at the bottom of the small portion of the list you can see and wait for for you to use the right thumbstick to scroll down slightly so you can continue arrowing down with the D pad.

5.)Allow us to rotate characters freely when trying to change colors or preview cosmetics. Currently you cannot preview colors without selecting the color exiting the color selection and then turning the frame to see if it matches up on the back. Cosmetics are a little better since you can press X to preview the selection then mouse over the model to turn it around but this is still extremely annoying when compared to the old system of hover over what you want to preview and use your right thumbstick to rotate freely.

6.) Remove the remove all mods button when molding a warframe or weapon. I have never wanted to completely remove all of my mods and it is too easy to accidentally click the Y button expecting a single mod to be removed but to have all your mods to be removed instead of you don't have your cursor in just the right place. 

7.) Auto preview relics when mousing over them. Just auto preview everything when mousing over things.

8.) Remove the zoom in and out on navigation.

Now for some things I like about the new interface.

1.) The 3d artwork of the mods is amazing when mousing over them.

2.) I love the drag and drop mechanic of moving mods around. It makes it easier to know you have a mod selected. 

3.) the free curse in trade chat allows you to preview mods or items that have been highlighted with brackets.

4.) The free curser kn trade chart let's you select people in the chat to talk to easier instead of having to remember their name and search for them in the trade chat directory. 

Overall the new system seems promising but is not really practical when using a controller. We are limited on the buttons we have and the thumbstick is not precise enough to make quick selections. 

When you make a change like this PLEASE make the new interface toggleable so we can go back to the old system if there are this many problems with it. 

We are all receptive to change but if that change is for the worse we need a way out. Please fix this soon.

• Like 3

The more i use the V. Cursor the more i like it. Seriously though, is their a way the cursor can center itself onto the point when i open a new window? Like center in the middle of the gear wheel when i open gear screen, Or center itself onto the chat bar when i open trade chat, etc?

Also, can the name configuration option be easier to see or in a better place?

The initial shock of the cursor has passed. Some feedback again, most/all of it just repeating what others have said but whatevs:

1. My LB/RB buttons don't seem to work half the time. Even if I roll the cursor over the section that needs scrolling (mods, configs, etc)

2. I'm not sure how to explain this but I'll try. I wish this was more intuitive and still flowed somewhat the same as old. As in if I enter a particular menu I wish it would do what I think it should do or scroll the part of the menu that seems intuitive but it's not. This feedback is kind of useless because I can't remember a specific example of the top of my head.

3. Please no preview button. Everything should be previewed when we roll over it. Makes for a huge slow down in very minuscule that were already tedious (relics, fashion frame). 

4. If we select a mod and it is "held" can we drag it either left or right and it scrolls automatically? Instead of getting to the edge of the list of mods and having to use an entirely different button to scroll. 

5. Snap the cursor to "Navigation" when you hit the menu button

6. Snap the cursor to the tabs on the top right for alerts, sorties, fissures, etc

7. Make the cursor snap to intuitive items throughout the game basically...

8. The zooming in and out of the starchart is more of a nuisance than useful imo

9. "Remove All" feature should be a double click. I have already trolled myself but accident a few times now and I am sure I am not the only one.

10. When selecting anything, there's either a delay or it doesn't seem to register at all. Sometimes I have to select the frame that I want a handful of times before it registers, or I will select it and there is a good 1-2 second delay instead of the action occurring instantaneous 

This game requires the constant changing and adjusting things and before these small but critical tasks were simple to do and, equally as important, fast/instant. In the current state of this game, these small tasks feel like a chore. I have no advice on how to implement changes as I am not a developer, sorry. 

Edited by (XB1)ilovewhiskeyx
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, (XB1)ilovewhiskeyx said:

The initial shock of the cursor has passed. Some feedback again, most/all of it just repeating what others have said but whatevs:

1. My LB/RB buttons don't seem to work half the time. Even if I roll the cursor over the section that needs scrolling (mods, configs, etc)

2. I'm not sure how to explain this but I'll try. I wish this was more intuitive and still flowed somewhat the same as old. As in if I enter a particular menu I wish it would do what I think it should do or scroll the part of the menu that seems intuitive but it's not. This feedback is kind of useless because I can't remember a specific example of the top of my head.

3. Please no preview button. Everything should be previewed when we roll over it. Makes for a huge slow down in very minuscule that were already tedious (relics, fashion frame). 

4. If we select a mod and it is "held" can we drag it either left or right and it scrolls automatically? Instead of getting to the edge of the list of mods and having to use an entirely different button to scroll. 

5. Snap the cursor to "Navigation" when you hit the menu button

6. Snap the cursor to the tabs on the top right for alerts, sorties, fissures, etc

7. Make the cursor snap to intuitive items throughout the game basically...

8. The zooming in and out of the starchart is more of a nuisance than useful imo

9. "Remove All" feature should be a double click. I have already trolled myself but accident a few times now and I am sure I am not the only one.

10. When selecting anything, there's either a delay or it doesn't seem to register at all. Sometimes I have to select the frame that I want a handful of times before it registers, or I will select it and there is a good 1-2 second delay instead of the action occurring instantaneous 

This game requires the constant changing and adjusting things and before these small but critical tasks were simple to do and, equally as important, fast/instant. In the current state of this game, these small tasks feel like a chore. I have no advice on how to implement changes as I am not a developer, sorry. 

2 like in konzu's bounties if you want one off the screen? Or maybe in the relics when you want to get to z and have to use the other control to scroll down to get to it? 

5, 6, 7 yes PLEASE! 

Ahh. Now I begin to see. Yeah, I suppose I could have couched my response in more gentle ways, but I've already seen how this plays out once before on the Nexus. That's why I get annoyed with people who spam chat with, "Ermergerd! UI ChangE SUX! I"M LEAVING until You fix iT!!" and have that all or nothing mentality on the forums, too. I figure, embrace the change, and just move on because you can still use the controller (for the most part), and you're right, DE has been great at resolving them (unlike other certain game developers who move at glacial speeds...). 

By rights as customers, I simply meant, it's caveat emptor. Part of the agreement we sign electronically with DE is agreeing to the fact that there will be changes that bring about bugs. DE's part of the bargain is to squash them as we, the customers, report them. That's about the only right we have. We can't demand that they change the cursor back, or get rid of it (or even make it look like the PC version on my part). We can only ask, and those people who have that all or nothing mentality need to realize that if you tell them, I don't like it, I'm not playing anymore, they're going to say okay, and three more customers will fill your place. 

lol Sony is Sony. They have their hands in everything, it seems and I only meant to imply that as PC's become more like consoles in size, consoles are becoming more like PC's in power. Both are aiming towards a common point on the horizon. Plus, with the continuing decline in manufacturing costs of LCD displays and the continuing increase in processing power, it's only a matter of time before the word PC becomes synonymous with console, and the only difference will be which peripheral you use for what on your giant, wall-size TV screen or in your VR suit. 

And haha! Five years is a long time in the game engine world. The fact that it's held up this well is a testament to good software engineering. In terms of graphics fidelity, it's pretty up there, too, at least imho.

Tip : if you plug a keyboard to type on chat/Netflix etc you can use an official app by Sony and do that on your cellphone, which is MUCH more practical. 

And on the Warframe part of things I’ve already uninstalled the game two days ago and DE is the new HiRez for me. 🙂 

Edited by (PS4)ShiinGlacier

23 minutes ago, TwoWolves said:

And haha! Five years is a long time in the game engine world. The fact that it's held up this well is a testament to good software engineering. In terms of graphics fidelity, it's pretty up there, too, at least imho.

Would you be surprised if I told you that I figured out a big part of why I took to the game so well is that I was playing a lot of unreal back in the 90s and early 00s? There's a ridiculous amount of similarities and I don't just mean to all fps games. Even the low grav missions were a thing I hated. 

As far as a business saying OK to the loss of any customer, that's not a good thing. But I don't doubt that a lot of it is due to melodramatic twits and having seen it before. I suspect that the disregard for people who complain about change just because it is a change might be a reason that they went ahead with the update despite the negative feedback from the PC players. I don't know if that was the case, but I hope not. 

I just hope that they do consider the fact that our control system is different, and take steps to reduce the complexity of the actions, so that our user experience outside of the actual game mechanics which I think hit the sweet spot, flows better. It's possible that the planned UI will fix it. 

• Like 1

please bring back dpad scrolling, actually please bring back all of the functionality we had before just with the added functionality of the cursor, it was much faster and easier to navigate before, for example choosing a loadout, before you could press dpad up and start from the bottom, now you have to scroll down, the other problem is scrolling with the joystick can only scroll whats on the page, example in the modding screen before you could hold dpad right and get to the end of the mods very fast, i am really enjoying the added functionality, but with the functionality we have lost, it doesn't seem worth it, don't get me wrong i applause your efforts, but we have to be honest at the same time

• Like 2

oh yeah, the player list options, and even selecting the letter to skip to, i press x and nothing happens, i have move the cursor over to it, after i find the name i have to use the cursor to select talk, idk im thinking the system was fine before, the only thing i really wanted was to have full keyboard and mouse support, so i could use a mouse for minning if i wanted to, please give us full dpad functionality, we will still use the cursor for some stuff, but in general navigating the ui with the dpad was fine and was smooth and easy to use

8 hours ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

What is the intended behavior of the d-pad in scrollable lists (ex. choosing primary weapon in arsenal)?

Currently the d-pad behaves like the left stick and pushing down on the last displayed row jumps to another ui element instead of scrolling.

I would prefer having the d-pad behave like the right stick and scroll the list. Selecting row/column is much more precise/comfortable with the d-pad.

You can't navigate soley with the d-pad anyway, since I can't choose my weapon currently without the right stick, requiring the left stick to move out of the scrollable area is the less onerous choice.

they could have both, for example, if you start navigating with the dpad the cursor goes away, and its exactly like what we had before, until u move the cursor then the cursor is used to navigate, boom problem solved, we would have the new and the old, leaving it up to use which one we like better, easy solution that would make everyone happy 

Are people genuinely trying to say a keyboard and mouse is better for this game, or any game, than a controller?

So you think a flat panel of keys given fairly little thought for the purpose of inputing words into primitive computers is somehow superior to a device custom tailored over decades and several generations of competition to be the most accessible, streamlined, ergonomic, intuitive, and ultimately unnoticable link to actual gameplay?

A mouse might be better for aiming or other quick, precise movements but that's where the line is drawn, and even that has seen immeasurable improvement since Doom 64.

More input keys does not equate intuitive. A device specifically designed for gaming will always be more comfortable than a device that has only been adapted to it - just like a cursor is really only comfortable with the device it was designed for, a mouse. It is up to the developer of a game to design an interface that works with the same input device that is most compatible with actual gameplay.

If you still prefer keyboard and mouse that's fine, that is what you have adjusted to and it would be difficult to change. But chances are if someone bought a game console it is because they prefered a system 100% catered exclusively to gaming so as not to trifle with multiple inputs and components and OSs and driver compatibility.

By contrast, a PC gamer must be mindful of many things to keep their hardware up to date, and they are already using keyboard and mouse at startup so they are accustom to such things. Also, a PC owner may not have the intention of gaming. If they do so, not only are they at an advantage to adapt to the input or in most cases remap controls at will, they also have the option of any number of variations of gamepads up to and including one-handed controllers that allow mouse use unimpeded. Consoles do not have such flexiblity for a number of reasons up to and including the fact that simplicity is part of the whole appeal of the platform.

If gaming was the priority here, the console interface would have been hardcoded as the default with clickable UI elements as the cursor is already present in a PC OS.

Keep in mind I also play Warframe on PC. I used keyboard and mouse exclusively there to say I had an honest experience of each. I enjoyed the PC version the least due to awkward controls. Many actions are difficult without looking at the keyboard or at the very least you have to reach, whereas on console your fingers are in contact with every input at all times. The UI feels weird even with a mouse. Cursor partial users may boast about being able to zip to any part of the screen with precision, but that means nothing to the console user who already has a finger on any potential cursor target.

If this was a slow paced strategy game i could excuse a cursor. Hell had it been done properly I'd have excused it by now. But it isn't, and it wasn't, and the gameplay is largely about speed and freedom of movement - then you limit our access by making us reach and triple confirm.

If I played this game for the first time today, I would have never continued to play due to UI quality. That makes me fear for the new user count. That makes me reluctant to suggest this game to friends. That sucks because I want to continue playing this game for a long, long time. So please look at the history of console gaming before you take a shortcut that drastically reduces quality and accessiblity.

Edited by (XB1)Kavriel

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Would you be surprised if I told you that I figured out a big part of why I took to the game so well is that I was playing a lot of unreal back in the 90s and early 00s? There's a ridiculous amount of similarities and I don't just mean to all fps games. Even the low grav missions were a thing I hated. 

As far as a business saying OK to the loss of any customer, that's not a good thing. But I don't doubt that a lot of it is due to melodramatic twits and having seen it before. I suspect that the disregard for people who complain about change just because it is a change might be a reason that they went ahead with the update despite the negative feedback from the PC players. I don't know if that was the case, but I hope not. 

I just hope that they do consider the fact that our control system is different, and take steps to reduce the complexity of the actions, so that our user experience outside of the actual game mechanics which I think hit the sweet spot, flows better. It's possible that the planned UI will fix it. 

Absolutely. I have no doubt that there will probably be continuous tweaking of the UI, first in broad strokes, then in smaller and smaller ones as they fine-tune it. I do like the snap-to suggestions being brought up--those are a great idea. I definitely think things like simply reducing the amount of steps to do things will help, too, as you say. That is where I believe some players who are a bit more open to experiment might find that hey, rather than $&*^ around with the controller, if I have a keyboard plugged in at the same time, I can just hit N and go straight to Navigation rather than have to press the Start button, then mouse over to the Navigate button with the cursor (via controller or mouse). How about dual-functionality? Don't controller-preferring fans think that would be the best of both worlds? You could have your controller, and if you wanted, have a keyboard nearby just for the shortcut keys so you can avoid using the controller to have to navigate through multiple screens/options to get what you want. 

And you are spot on about DE going ahead with the update despite negative feedback. Sometimes, you just have to forge ahead and get the foundation laid so that you can then begin rebuilding, and in the case of the twits, they probably figured that they were going to complain no matter what so might as well get it out of the way. I just wish they would have brought the pointer over from the PC rather than that ridiculous diamond with a dot.

lmao "Melodramatic twits." Love it. Sorry, I was reminded of that Benny Hill scene about twits and tweets...

58 minutes ago, (XB1)Kavriel said:

Are people genuinely trying to say a keyboard and mouse is better for this game, or any game, than a controller?

So you think a flat panel of keys given fairly little thought for the purpose of inputing words into primitive computers is somehow superior to a device custom tailored over decades and several generations of competition to be the most accessible, streamlined, ergonomic, intuitive, and ultimately unnoticable link to actual gameplay?

A mouse might be better for aiming or other quick, precise movements but that's where the line is drawn, and even that has seen immeasurable improvement since Doom 64.

More input keys does not equate intuitive. A device specifically designed for gaming will always be more comfortable than a device that has only been adapted to it - just like a cursor is really only comfortable with the device it was designed for, a mouse. It is up to the developer of a game to design an interface that works with the same input device that is most compatible with actual gameplay.

If you still prefer keyboard and mouse that's fine, that is what you have adjusted to and it would be difficult to change. But chances are if someone bought a game console it is because they prefered a system 100% catered exclusively to gaming so as not to trifle with multiple inputs and components and OSs and driver compatibility.

By contrast, a PC gamer must be mindful of many things to keep their hardware up to date, and they are already using keyboard and mouse at startup so they are accustom to such things. Also, a PC owner may not have the intention of gaming. If they do so, not only are they at an advantage to adapt to the input or in most cases remap controls at will, they also have the option of any number of variations of gamepads up to and including one-handed controllers that allow mouse use unimpeded. Consoles do not have such flexiblity for a number of reasons up to and including the fact that simplicity is part of the whole appeal of the platform.

If gaming was the priority here, the console interface would have been hardcoded as the default with clickable UI elements as the cursor is already present in a PC OS.

Keep in mind I also play Warframe on PC. I used keyboard and mouse exclusively there to say I had an honest experience of each. I enjoyed the PC version the least due to awkward controls. Many actions are difficult without looking at the keyboard or at the very least you have to reach, whereas on console your fingers are in contact with every input at all times. The UI feels weird even with a mouse. Cursor partial users may boast about being able to zip to any part of the screen with precision, but that means nothing to the console user who already has a finger on any potential cursor target.

If this was a slow paced strategy game i could excuse a cursor. Hell had it been done properly I'd have excused it by now. But it isn't, and it wasn't, and the gameplay is largely about speed and freedom of movement - then you limit our access by making us reach and triple confirm.

If I played this game for the first time today, I would have never continued to play due to UI quality. That makes me fear for the new user count. That makes me reluctant to suggest this game to friends. That sucks because I want to continue playing this game for a long, long time. So please look at the history of console gaming before you take a shortcut that drastically reduces quality and accessiblity.

I just don't see it, I'm sorry. I don't see the "inconvenience," because it doesn't bother me that I have to mouse over the cursor, probably because I'm used to doing it on the PC. Honestly, I can't understand what the big deal is? I mean, I get that it's more cumbersome, but it's nothing that really takes away from the game because I simply enjoy running around in that game so much.

I don't think the keyboard by itself is all that great. It's just the number of keys that are able to be hot-keyed that is the main (and probably only) advantage over controllers. I do think that controllers will probably either become more complex (think a radio for a remote control hobby plane) or they will come to resemble keyboards more (maybe not with all the keys, but certainly more buttons than there are on there now, just due to the demands of how complex these games are becoming).

And I am in no way saying that console controller fans should abandon their weapons; I am advocating embracing the change and using both, each in their own place, and if for whatever reason you prefer to just have one or the other, then do so. 

Incidentally, I found that gaming with a keyboard and mouse on the console is actually slower than on the PC or with a controller; I believe this is because while the keyboard is great for typing fast in chat, and for hot key shortcuts, beyond that, when you're on the couch, it's easier to simply have one device. However, I use both--I keep the keyboard on one side just for the shortcut keys and for chat, and then use the controller. I wish that DE would code Logitech controllers into their UI so I could use mine on the PC! 

EDIT: Sorry! That was supposed to be an edited post, not a double post!

Edited by TwoWolves
Informational

On 2018-06-08 at 3:18 PM, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

backflipping is hell with arrow keys, especially when you need volts buff off, I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I heard so on stream, nearly every hand disability player cant function keyboards for long periods of time, the game's fast pace really is optimized for controller use, I will agree aiming with mouse is best in class, but otherwise...

Theres a reason spray-and-pray weapons are favored. flippen Ignis

No backflipping is super easy on keyboard. I have no idea how anyone plays WF on a controller. its not a controller friendly game.

• Like 3

On 2018-06-08 at 8:53 AM, (PS4)zedlanik said:

I call DE bullS#&$ same as bungie said before it's hard to to make dlc content now DE says it's hard to make content with old U.I  lol same crap again they got money they made tones of money employ people to work on your game stop pushing players to play how you like 

This just screams that you haven't a clue what you are talking about. Coders have seen the tweets and commented on how their old method of coding controller support was terrible and they are glad it is changing.

On 2018-06-08 at 9:16 AM, (PS4)watt4hem said:

The best thing they could probably do is to make "nodes" on every buttons, and the d-pad would make the cursor warp from node to node. That, or use the ps4 touch pad as a trackpad like on alaptop (this is how i navigate on pc with a ds4).

From what we have seen of the actual UI working with the virtual cursor, this is what is going to happen.

• Like 1

Re: changing a warframes configuration. In order to do so I have to move the cursor over the word “capacity” otherwise hitting L1/R1 rotates through the mods no matter where the cursor is on the screen.

that BS took me about 5 minutes to figure out. When I did, I kinda felt like a kid again playing Adventure on my old Atari and finally finding the secret room. So that was kinda cool. But yeah, this sh*t is broke.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TwoWolves said:

Absolutely. I have no doubt that there will probably be continuous tweaking of the UI, first in broad strokes, then in smaller and smaller ones as they fine-tune it. I do like the snap-to suggestions being brought up--those are a great idea. I definitely think things like simply reducing the amount of steps to do things will help, too, as you say. That is where I believe some players who are a bit more open to experiment might find that hey, rather than $&*^ around with the controller, if I have a keyboard plugged in at the same time, I can just hit N and go straight to Navigation rather than have to press the Start button, then mouse over to the Navigate button with the cursor (via controller or mouse). How about dual-functionality? Don't controller-preferring fans think that would be the best of both worlds? You could have your controller, and if you wanted, have a keyboard nearby just for the shortcut keys so you can avoid using the controller to have to navigate through multiple screens/options to get what you want. 

And you are spot on about DE going ahead with the update despite negative feedback. Sometimes, you just have to forge ahead and get the foundation laid so that you can then begin rebuilding, and in the case of the twits, they probably figured that they were going to complain no matter what so might as well get it out of the way. I just wish they would have brought the pointer over from the PC rather than that ridiculous diamond with a dot.

lmao "Melodramatic twits." Love it. Sorry, I was reminded of that Benny Hill scene about twits and tweets...

For anyone who wants to use both, what you're suggesting is fine. But as I said, it wasn't a viable option for me. Also you missed a few steps: find keyboard, find n, press n. (Perhaps wake keyboard depending on internal power save features.. I have one that I'd have to do it for regularly. It was rapidly abandoned from the ps4 line up.) 

With a snap to system, it's start, down/up (perhaps twice or three times, depending on where it started). 

A good example of what you mentioned might be the following:

I was messing with my orbiter decorations just now. With the current system, it's start, fish for cursor, move to equipment, x, (cursor is now on incubator, third from the top), move to landing craft at bottom of list, x, (cursor is now way below the list as there are only 4 items) move to decorate top of the list, x. 

Keyboard shortcuts would vastly speed up the process for some folk, I suspect. 

Yes the directional arrows help by snapping over to the menu item closest to the cursor, but it's one step that could be taken out of the final process because contextually if I clicked on landing craft I will most probably be going to one of the options it spawns. Alternatively moving that spawned menu to be near where I had to have the cursor might work as well or even better, as the cursor wouldn't be randomly hopping about each time I press x. 

Also low priority issue decorating the orbiter with ayatan statues, I have a bunch of decorations stuck to the ceiling in the middle deck (foundry/mod station to arsenal) because the protruding surfaces make for good places and I didn't want my puppies getting to the statues and getting into trouble. Before the update, stuff used to snap to the surfaces really well. My main problem was getting them in juuuuuuust the right spot. Currently, there's a lot of clipping, failing to intuitively snap to the inverted surface etc.. It's cosmetic and not breaking the game, but it'd be nice to have it fixed at some point. 

• Like 1