Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(XB1/PS4) Virtual Cursor Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

7 minutes ago, (XB1)AeroTurner5150 said:

Good thing first:

1) Being able to select linked items in chat is now much easier.

Now for the bad things:

1) It is a lot slower to do basically anything now, even with increased cursor sensitivity (WHICH I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DOING, DEFAULT IS TERRIBLE. Set it to like 175). It now feels like I'm play a badly designed direct port from PC or as if I'm using Xbox's old Microsoft Edge app.

2) The D pad quick selection is terrible. For example, when I'm scrolling through my warframes/weapons in the foundry I should be able to do that with the D-Pad, but I can't. So what use is the D-pad if I already need to put my cursor in the window to scroll anyways?

Suggestion:

1) Put the hot keys back in. When I hover over my warframe in the foundry I still expect to be able to press (Y) to go to upgrades for example.

2) Let us press Left Stick in to turn on the cursor for when we DO need it. This would be MUCH better as we get to decide when we need the cursor more on the fly. It would feel a lot more seamless than just having the option to turn it off or on in the options too.

Great idea about a way to toggle between them on the fly. Just because it's not an appropriate control system for consoles doesn't mean it has no uses whatsoever, a good one is choosing linked items in the chat as you say. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)AeroTurner5150 said:

2) The D pad quick selection is terrible. For example, when I'm scrolling through my warframes/weapons in the foundry I should be able to do that with the D-Pad, but I can't. So what use is the D-pad if I already need to put my cursor in the window to scroll anyways?

This is something that we'll be implementing in the future! Definitely want that D-pad scrolling capability. Thanks for your feedback!

• Like 2

This Cursor on this update is ridiculous. The original controls were practical and much better than what we have now.  In my honest opinion changing it was very pointless.

This slows me down so much trying to use it that it drives my anxiety through the roof. 

Please revert to the old UI.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

Wait, there's no Off switch? I knew it would be the new default, but I expected at least a way to turn it off...

this would allow the best of both worlds those who enjoy it can use it while those who feel it to be to bulky and slow can continue using the controler shortcuts

17 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

This is something that we'll be implementing in the future! Definitely want that D-pad scrolling capability. Thanks for your feedback! 

Then why release this cursor update yet? Obviously it isn't close to being finished and you could have easily left the legacy UI in place while you overhauled the cursor UI in the background.

Better yet if you provided a toggle between UIs then you could have gotten feedback without hurting the game as players could test the cursor, provide feedback, then go back to legacy. If they find new functions they just enable cursor again to test them.

Instead your FORCED this change on the console players and the feedback you will get will be mostly negative as this update actually hinders our ability to play the game. So instead of it being a fun and optional feature that can be improved over time, you basically made the game worse with no way to fix the problems you created for at least a few weeks.

As Forrest Gump said: "Stupid is as stupid does." We can only judge DE based on the actions they do and while they have made a fantastic game over years of hard work, this update was not something that should have ever been released.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Like 3

I am just going to say...It doesn't bother me that much beyond the initial first day panic...I mean it's clunky and it takes a bit to get used to, I'm not fan of the color selector now for some reason. I'm used to the concept of drag and drop when it comes to mods, I've been watching Tactical Potato and Mogamu for years now, so it's not like I haven't seen it in action during year 1 through 2. I just know myself, I'll be fine in a week after using it...I could go with any direction the dev or community pushes the game between this new way.... or back to the old...But I figure this all makes sense for consoles ( I hope) with the new UI being worked on, but it is not really that compatible with what we have now.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

Navigational ND modding have suffered the most from this I'm. We need to be able to switch back to our original UI or have this new cursor removed from the game completely. I am the type of person who rarely complains about changes since they are normally specific to frames or weapons, but this affects the way and efficiency of how we do things in game and right now it takes way to long to do things that used to take 5 seconds.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)kurasauchiha said:

Make the cursor optional. Most players prefer the old system

very much this, idk wth they were thinking putting pc style ui on console everything is about 50x slower, what was wrong with the way it was? at least wait for kb &mouse b4 doing something like this. I feel they jumped the gun here.

• Like 2

Hmm... dragging and dropping a mod into place is counter-productive. It looks slick and the design is very well done! Having the virtual cursor is a neat gimmick, but it's the same problem that I had with the Destiny inventory: why add a virtual cursor in a game where you use a gamepad? 

It's fine on the PC, but frustrating to have to mouse over things when with the old system, tapping the correct sticks in the desired direction would allow you to scroll through item screens like the mod screen very simply. Anything more is cool, but unnecessary. 

The reason I didn't like the virtual cursor on the Destiny selection screen was due to the imposed speed up/down in the cursor when held and the precision in which you had to have to select specific items. These issues could be solved by having the cursor have one speed (not an option when trying to quickly select gear) and having the cursor only select actual, selectable options. 

I liked this type of cursor on the Star Chart, but that was because of the location of specific destinations in relation to each other as opposed to the items/nodes being in a set list like on the mod screen. 

• Like 2

Hey guys, I have here a list of known issues with a couple of notes as well! 

• D-Pad not working on World State Window - will be implemented in a future update!
  • Can't rotate items in the Market (fixed)
  • D-Pad skipping over items in menu lists - will be fixed in a future update! 
  • Scrolling with the D-Pad will be implemented in a future update! 

Thank you for all of your feedback!

il y a 53 minutes, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami a dit :

I'm sure others have said this already, but I am too lazy to read 4 or more pages of comments, So I'll just add my feedback here.

Just got the interface on XB1. Sorry to say, It's a massive downgrade for me as a controller user. Much of the functionality and intuitiveness of the interface has been lost. Need an option to choose between new and old, New is very painful to use on a controller.

It's much slower and where the controller still works to move through options it will suddenly stop like in the main menu when you try to tab up to leave a squad. It just stops and you have to switch controls to drag the cursor up. It's jarring.

In the mission interface not being able to tab up and down through missions but having to wait on dragging the cursor is a downgrade. But the arsenal is probably the worst affected. Not having the controller button options anymore is not good. and having to drag and drop mods with a controller is painful. If the options were there to click the mod then click the slot it would be easier, but not as smooth and easy as it used to be. All in all the new interface will affect me negatively in my enjoyment of Warframe. It already has.

So please hotfix in an option to choose the interface. I get that this should be a massive improvement for the players who use Mouse and KB on console. But it should not be at the cost of functionality for controller users. Thank you.

Good saying! Iam crying with you. So I will make a break with Warframe. 

• Like 1