Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(XB1/PS4) Virtual Cursor Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

I like it. My only complaint is that when I am changing my operator face the operator won't spin/rotate, it will rotate once then stop, I then have to flick to the suit tab rotate the model and then flick back to the face tab and it will rotate again, but only once. It is very very very annoying to the point where I have just stopped even going in there now to change my operator, I hope you fix it, soon, instead of creating useless mods and the like. Fixing the interface should be the top priority.

Edited by (XB1)MortalQUINN

4 hours ago, (PS4)TunaSaladSamich said:

Hello. I've been a huge fan of warframe for over 3 years now, I love it and this community. I have seen most changes done in this game as a massive step forward so while I'm writing this I figured I'd start with thank you for this amazing game, sadly i haven't been able to play it much recently. I wanted to waste my life away all summer playing again with some new friends but I've ran into an issue I just can't move past. Im sorry to say but This user interface for console, might be the worst I've ever experienced. The cursor sticks when it shouldn't, doesn't when it should. It's making so many thinks difficult and take twice as long. Modding is an absolute nightmare which I'm doing alot of do to reworks. You can't remove mods like you used to and inputting them takes longer. Scrolling can only be done with the right analog stick I'm ready to pull my hair out. The market and codex is difficult to navigate for what reason exactly? I was fine with navigation being this way but making the games entire interface cursor related was a horrible choice. Like fire somebody bad. I love this game but I can't play it if it takes 45 minutes do anything menu related. Even The fact the you have to press square to preview is terrible because the cursor is so bad. I'm sure it seem like overreacting and maybe some people like it. However forcing everybody to use it is not fair. Like maybe some type of toggle system to remove it entirely. I much rather prefer the old UI. Again love the game and the progress I've seen happen over the years has been incredible playing so far, id just really love to see this go. 

You can use the D-pad to jump the cursor onto the nearest box/item/menu choice and from box to box, but you will still need to scroll with the right stick.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Matthew117 said:

I love how the many people that hate the cursor have been corralled into one place (here) so that they can just be ignored, it's really demoralizing when something that's clearly wrong just gets ignored...

I tried starting another thread talking about this issue to hopefully get a response from DE and was wondering why I hadn't gotten any replies from anyone. Found out my post had been almost immediately moved from the main forum hub back to this thread.

They announced update 23 has just gone to cert hopefully they actually tried fixing things on that update and didn't just ignore us again.

What even is this update 😂 playing on ps4 and the new cursor control is just terrible. Please if you intend on keeping the new cursor mode then put a toggle in the options so those of us that actually want to use a controller can revert toggle back to the old controls. Why are we trying to fix things that arnt broken?

• Like 2

Still mostly logging in to increment my Daily progression.  Sometimes I do sorties.

The Cursor UI is still obnoxious and feels like navigating the menus with somebody else's hands.  It's just slow and awkward.  Even assigning  Excavators is obnoxious, with its new selection button and such.  It just doesn't feel like the game I loved anymore.

• Like 1

On 2018-06-29 at 6:40 PM, (PS4)t-H-3_d-O-u-G said:

What even is this update 😂 playing on ps4 and the new cursor control is just terrible. 

On 2018-06-29 at 2:20 PM, (PS4)urkonse said:

This new cursor thing is really sowing things down on ps4. 

On 2018-06-28 at 8:23 PM, (PS4)xXsniperchimpXx said:

The virtual mouse cursor has shown me down so much that it takes me doeble the time to do every day things in the game menues.

Hi guys. Yeah... Not new. We're on page 70+. Been at this since early June. You might have some catching up to do if you want to know what has been going on. There are even some posts about how people have got around the cursor with the dpad instead. Good luck. 

On 2018-06-29 at 5:16 PM, (XB1)ManicZanic said:

Snip. 

On 2018-06-29 at 4:51 PM, (XB1)Matthew117 said:

Snip. 

H guys. Look, I'm sure it's not a matter of you being ignored, but rather them being busy fixing the game and having to decide if it's better to spend their time writing monogrammed, hand written notes to each and every single person, or actually doing something useful. In fact I know this because a page or two ago I linked to the build notes all of the fixes that have been rolled out as incrementals on the update. You guys did actually notice the changes, right? It's not like you were ignoring them, right? We've also gotten feedback here and elsewhere. So, really... it's not them ignoring you, but you choosing to ignore them. You can change that. 

On 2018-06-28 at 6:51 PM, (XB1)psyops6 said:

Troll bait:

I hate the new UI because it sucks. Not going to point out little bits and pieces. Put lipstick on a pig and guess what.... It's still a pig.

Since when do trolls get to use the term troll bait, when they're obviously trolling? 

On 2018-06-28 at 4:49 PM, (PS4)BossNotACapo said:

I’m acclimated to the all the changes, except not being able to accept an invite during chat. Can we please have the ability to move the cursor to the invite, push ✖️to highlight said invite and  to accept it.

Oh yes please. It's a major hindrance when you're trying to help a noob who's requesting help from in the chat. That should be a major priority. 

17 hours ago, (PS4)Hooligantuan said:

Still mostly logging in to increment my Daily progression.  Sometimes I do sorties.

The Cursor UI is still obnoxious and feels like navigating the menus with somebody else's hands.  It's just slow and awkward.  Even assigning  Excavators is obnoxious, with its new selection button and such.  It just doesn't feel like the game I loved anymore.

Have you tried the mobile app for that? That part is really well done. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Hi guys. Yeah... Not new. We're on page 70+. Been at this since early June. You might have some catching up to do if you want to know what has been going on. There are even some posts about how people have got around the cursor with the dpad instead. Good luck. 

Get over yourself and stop trying to control what people can and cannot post. Last I heard, they have the right to make their voices heard too. It doesn't matter if they are late to the party and reiterating what other people have said. Leave them alone and let them speak up too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Since when do trolls get to use the term troll bait, when they're obviously trolling? 

You do, in fact, realize the irony of you responding to his post, right? You've been baited by him posting troll bait.

Edit: And yes, I did, too, which is why I'm laughing about it.

Edited by TwoWolves
For the lulz
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, TwoWolves said:

You do, in fact, realize the irony of you responding to his post, right? You've been baited by him posting troll bait.

Edit: And yes, I did, too, which is why I'm laughing about it.

No, baiting is when he gets a rise, like if we had told him to shut up, or pointed out that he's dumb or something. Neither of us was trolled, and neither of us trolled him. So I remain confused as to what effect he was going for. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

Get over yourself and stop trying to control what people can and cannot post. Last I heard, they have the right to make their voices heard too. It doesn't matter if they are late to the party and reiterating what other people have said. Leave them alone and let them speak up too.

Nobody told them not to post. I encouraged them to read up on the thread so that they can skip some of the learning curve for the current UI. I'm not surprised that you consider someone saying "hey guys do some reading it'll help you find out new stuff" similar to an attack, but it's really not. 

Also, sadly for you, you don't get to stand on a soapbox and tell me to shut up, while simultaneously suggesting that everyone should be free to respond. You really need to figure out how that works, and stop imagining that people are trying to control you. I mean if you feel like you don't get to speak up, or have been told that you should shut up elsewhere, I'm sorry for you. But that has not been the case here. What people have pointed out to you is that you make lots of posts that haven't actually contained anything of note other than your general displeasure about something vague and nonspecific. 

Look at Bossnotacapo's post and look at your own. He made a specific request to fix the chat breaking the invite system. That's a reiteration of what we've had before, but because it's not been fixed yet, it's a useful comment. I quoted and agreed with him above because it's something I'd like to see fixed as well. What have you said similar to that recently? 

Nobody is asking you to shut up, but are being asked to contribute something useful. That's the entire point of the thread. Do try and get on board. 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977

42 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

No, baiting is when he gets a rise, like if we had told him to shut up, or pointed out that he's dumb or something. Neither of us was trolled, and neither of us trolled him. So I remain confused as to what effect he was going for. 

True, but any response, if he was trolling us, would have still been a response. Just something I found humorous. Psyops6 is all right--he did get the straw poll started, so we can't fault him for not being proactive. 

• Like 1

On 2018-06-21 at 3:19 PM, (XB1)jayfig83 said:

Is it just me or has any one else experience problems recruiting people from chat? I'll highlight their gamertag with the cursor and half the time the gamertag won't turn yellow for the submenu. Never had this problem before the update.

The Chat freezes alot too when using the cursor now and plus none of the other buttons work...yes it takes me 10 times longer to trade or find a name now and by the time I do, I lost the trade or invite people by accident instead of opening a chat for them

The New UI make me not play the game anymore

• Like 3

Relic Menu, Arsenal Menu, they all are horrible now
Relic Menu now takes so much longer just to look at the relics and see what they drop

Arsenal Menu, now you cant look at new appearances on your warframe, you get a purchase menu instead, I liked that I could see the new skin on my own character before buying it

• Like 2

On 2018-06-19 at 12:30 AM, (PS4)FurryZenJustice said:

And do you honestly think that DE shave such a low opinion of their users that they just thought "screw them"?  Or is it just possible that someone thought they had a good idea, latched onto it and ignored feedback?

You do of course realize that these are literally the exact same thing, right? Ah, the power of euphemism...and the nuance of verbiage.

The most frustrating thing about this (aside from actually trying to use it) is that it was lauded as a new, updated UI to be launched with The Sacrifice. Though it was prematurely launched I wouldn't have minded so much if it had been followed by a streamlined, modernized scheme that made everything more cohesive and unobtrusive as well as being customizable.

We did not get that. We got the streamlined console interface deleted so that we were stuck with the native PC interface that had only just been modified in a previous update to be somewhat practical with a controller, bastardized to work on a console, followed by a half-assed patch to add back some of what was deleted.

There were ZERO new UI elements, and what launches with the Sacrifice is a couple of backgrounds for seller screens that are barely noticable other than seeming as rough around the edges as an amateur user plugin for Morrowind, and a login screen that might have been cool if the rest of the UI matched the theme.

As far as selectable themes? We got two recolors that look like someone just fiddled with the tint slider on a CRT.

The only good thing to come out of it is a modest reformat of the inventory that honestly could've been slipped into the existing (deleted) UI and probably would've received tons of praise by those that noticed it, instead of 75 pages of frustration.

We even got a couple of new mini-games and an Orokin hacking system (finally) and it seems noone even noticed. These new additions would have been the only excuse I could think of for 'requiring' a cursor, but having played them I think they would have been much more enjoyable with the previous controls than watching a disembodied square-thing mozy along the screen at about a thousanth the speed of button response.

It just boggles the mind that a competent developer would ever make this change. I have a lot of faith in DE, and prior to this update the game had been polished to the point I rarely saw a bug (on Xbox) other than minor distractions in the plains. Now it seems like everything's broken again, with dissapearing heads (PC), random weapon switching (PS4), and Operator mode hangups (All). And for what? To REMOVE functionality?

Don't deny it, there is no added functionality, only deleted QoL and a gimmick. This is not an added feature that users can debate about liking or disliking, this is the removal of the medium used to actually play the game in exchange for the medium used to build the game (you know, without the ability to actually go in and change things), which is the equivalent of trading a steering wheel for a welding torch and calling it a revolution.

I understand people who like mouse control defending it, but cursor use could have been added as an option instead of deleting the system everyone was comfortable with because someone might like it.

And for the excuse of shortening cert time? The Sacrifice has already been in cert longer than plains was so I call BS. If your plan to shorten cert is to simply cease optimization, can it. Cert time was perfectly tolerable as it was, this is not. This seems to suggest an abandonment of consoles rather than an improvement, and I desperately hope that is not the case. As much as I love this game, third-person perspective, platforming, and melee combos are unfit for PC gaming in my personal opinion, and require a system to run at a consistent framerate, which most multi-purpose PCs do not do as reliably as a gaming rig. Xbox is my gaming rig, if you try to make me play on PC, whether directly or through emulation, I will laugh pitifully and find something else.

Yes, I'm ranting. But I've stated my intent more than those critiquing people for being frustrated with backward progress.

TLDR; OPTIMIZATION  > Cut,Paste,Send.

Ugh.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Kavriel said:

This is not an added feature that users can debate about liking or disliking, this is the removal of the medium used to actually play the game in exchange for the medium used to build the game (you know, without the ability to actually go in and change things), which is the equivalent of trading a steering wheel for a welding torch and calling it a revolution.

giphy.gif

Godspeed, you glorious man(woman?). Best. Metaphor. Ever. I have never laughed so hard at such an apt metaphor in my life. lmao My sides still hurt.

• Like 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (PS4)GrottanGo:

hours played before the UI changes: ~1250 

hours played after the UI changes: ~1250

it is no doubt a qol change, the one that makes you give up a game after so long.

I stopped playing too after the rediculous UI change. Not even logging in for the daily tribute. I considered myself a well paying customer. Not anymore. 

Edited by (PS4)Jingster73
  • Like 1

Something that's been mentioned before, that is important to remember is that the change they made wasn't in code, but in process. DE has stated that each release to the console would require large amounts of re-implementing the UI to make it work. There is no zero-effort thing they could have done to keep the UI the same and just left it that way. The basic process seems have been the following:

1. DE implements new features putting in a mouse/cursor version of the UI because that's where it's getting tested first -- on the desktops of the developers themselves.
  2. Developers do the first round of internal testing. Again most of the testing is going to be done using mouse and keyboard because it's just faster and more convenient.
  3. QA does some internal testing on their desktops. Again mouse and keyboard are going to be simplest and that's where all the QA tools are.
  4. Release goes out to PC users.
  5. Code gets branched and, perhaps merged. But a version gets cut for the console people to work on.
  6. The console team starts adding many of the changes they make every release to add button shortcuts in the right places and they re-implement directional navigation. This part is tedious, error-prone and costly. Literally they are doing the same work over and over again with slight tweaks.
  7. Console code is released to XBOX/PS4 Cert.

DE is not a big developer, especially for one running an MMO. So the idea of completely removing the "re-implement the UI on consoles every release" probably seemed pretty tempting. Cost reduction means that money can be spent on more developers doing actual content.

The code unification was a good idea. The resulting UI was a bad one. But we can actually have the best of both worlds given time. Directional navigation can be written up in a generic way that is shared between console and PC. It will just take a little time.