Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(XB1/PS4) Virtual Cursor Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Im going to give it to you straight. THIS UI SUCKS! Its slows you down dramatically and quite frankly it’s pointless the previous one was wayyy better and this is a major downgrade.

please add a option to switch between UI’s or remove it all together because this is ridiculous and having to move that cursor gives me anxiety.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys, I have here a list of known issues with a couple of notes as well! 

• D-Pad not working on World State Window - will be implemented in a future update!
  • Can't rotate items in the Market (fixed)
  • D-Pad skipping over items in menu lists - will be fixed in a future update! 
  • Scrolling with the D-Pad will be implemented in a future update! 

Thank you for all of your feedback!

wut about shortcuts?

Any chance for update in a week?

Edited by (PS4)KresTias

1 minute ago, [DE]Danielle said:

• D-Pad not working on World State Window - will be implemented in a future update!

Could you add remove the cursor to your list please? On console people generally don't use a mouse. I use a keyboard for chat but even that is pretty much unusable atm due to the slowness of the system that was implemented.

Also I would like to know who exactly asked for this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)DimFre4kske said:

Could you add remove the cursor to your list please? On console people generally don't use a mouse. I use a keyboard for chat but even that is pretty much unusable atm due to the slowness of the system that was implemented.

Also I would like to know who exactly asked for this.

You know it was a Destiny player.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Like 1

Feedback from a Mastery Rank 15 on Xbox One:

I have been playing for a while now. I can tell you one thing; Speed is the only thing that matters.
Spy missions? Speed run. Exterminate? Speedrun. Bosses? Speedrun. Eidolon? Speedrun.
You get what I'm saying.

Now the cursor. The hecking cursor. Do you know how long it took to switch frames and weapons with the old system?
You rolled over to you arsenal, pressed A, A again, select the frame you want

Now you have to move the cursor over (yes you can adjust the sensitivity, no that doesn't fix things), press A, hover the cursor over what you want, then press A.
Using the D-Pad is way faster and way more intuitive on console.

Furthermore, why did all the shortcuts get removed in the arsenal? A to equip, Y to upgrade, X to customize, that's how the arsenal worked, thats's how it should work. No need to change a perfectly good system.

When in a private chat with someone (talk), pressing A no longer selects their name giving you the options to close tab, ignore, etc.
Now you have to hover over their name and press A. Which again, slow down the flow of the game and menus.

Modding. What. Did. You. Do?
Drag and drop? Really? This in not mouse and keyboard. This is console. We use contollers.
Please understand that. If having this system means faster updates, then I don't want faster updates. Seriously, it's that bad.

What's up with the navigation? Sure, using only the left stick is the same as before. But if you dare touch the right stick, you enter a nightmarish hellhole of confusion and distortion.
It's really weird and unnecessary, just remove that feature.

There's more things I can rant about, the fact that you cant rotate frames when previewing syandanas, pressing up or down on the Dpad doesn't jump to the top or bottom of whatever menu you are in, there's something going on with shadows in the dojo, colors in the dojo are way more vibrant, which doesnt really fit with the style of warframe, ...

However, with everything said and done, this is just the UI, the game is still great and works.

Good side of this update:

The menu's seem to loads slightly faster.

I'm trying to figure out how to change my look sensitivity in my options. The latest update reset all of my options, and I want to change them back to how they were. Previously, I used the d-pad to move the # up or down, but it won't do that anymore. How do I change the sensitivity number, anyone know?

5 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

It'd be really nice if we could just use the previous UI. That was working fine. I know the devs' hearts are probably really set on this, but it's just not working out.

• Like 2

Lets have a option to revert to old curser mode. New virtual cursor is no good in my books. Way to slow now navigating the game and options.

THIS WOULD BE A GAME ENDER FOR ME!  Take away my ease of navigating your game. And now i'm left frustrated and wanting to play something else.

If I wanted to play like a PC I'd play on a PC. lol

Edited by (XB1)Blairlio
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, (XB1)Vampirerush70 said:

Modding. What. Did. You. Do?
Drag and drop? Really? This in not mouse and keyboard. This is console. We use contollers.
Please understand that. If having this system means faster updates, then I don't want faster updates. Seriously, it's that bad.

OMG, really? I haven't even tried that yet. That's what they did? I can't even imagine how we're going to drag and drop with the controller...

• Like 1

Well, I personally haven't gotten to experience it yet, BUT HEY! You guys finally got some content before us! Now you know what it's like to be the pioneers and walk on hot coals that are melting the salt until DE fixes it. 

Jokes aside, I have actually heard that a surprising amount of console players have wanted to get the updates at the same time as PC. I understand that they don't want to get spoilers from YouTube and such, but let's remember, it's not always the best experience. Alot of times there are uncomfortable or clunky mechanics, bugs, salty players (Which can be humorous to watch if I'm being honest), outrageously huge grinds that need to be nerfed (COUGH PoE COUGH), etc. 

You guys usually get all the content relatively bug free and overall in a better state. I don't know if DE did this intentionally so you guys could get to see our side of the coin, but I personally think that this is overall a good idea. 

Not saying I don't feel sorry, just saying, this is what it feels like.

I'm usually not one to complain about anything in this game (it's just a casual time-waster for me), but this is borderline unusable. Just tried to mod a Warframe and what used to be a pretty quick process has become simply obnoxious... did anyone honestly play this on a PS4 and say; "Yeah, this is pretty good. Ship it!"? I should also mention that while on Cetus the cursor will skip over some menu options because of the varying length of the text. Ridiculous!

I probably won't be playing until they add the option to go back to the old (faster/better) navigation.

• Like 1

Another example of how accurate a title of a feedback is here again, at least this time the (again PS4) user managed to find the right feedback category unlike the last guy writing it in "off topic" ......... with another inaccurate not saying anything at all title, and the only text saying: "#removecursor"

Another additional point plus compared to the last guy, he (or she?) at least given way more information about why then the first example i mentioned.

Now just the title name fitting to what is the exact problem like "Trouble with the new cursor" or something like "I really dont like this cursor" or maybe even "#*!% this new cursor" and everything would be more accurate then the current title. (Not sure if you can still edit it)

Then again, why not first reading before posting and noticing something that is even a megathread topic about this, where a lot of people share your opinion and you can just add it there with additional information about whats the problem, or what you think can be improved and how it can be improved.

Do understand the frustration factor on the end of your post about not playing anymore just missing the one with "i hope u all gonna die!" in the end and then they surely notice your post... just in a different way you expect and in the way of "oh look, someone is life threatening us" or a moderator noticing this as "insult to the DE Staff" or whatever.

Still, it could be done worse

2 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

Well, I personally haven't gotten to experience it yet, BUT HEY! You guys finally got some content before us! Now you know what it's like to be the pioneers and walk on hot coals that are melting the salt until DE fixes it. 

Jokes aside, I have actually heard that a surprising amount of console players have wanted to get the updates at the same time as PC. I understand that they don't want to get spoilers from YouTube and such, but let's remember, it's not always the best experience. Alot of times there are uncomfortable or clunky mechanics, bugs, salty players (Which can be humorous to watch if I'm being honest), outrageously huge grinds that need to be nerfed (COUGH PoE COUGH), etc. 

You guys usually get all the content relatively bug free and overall in a better state. I don't know if DE did this intentionally so you guys could get to see our side of the coin, but I personally think that this is overall a good idea. 

Not saying I don't feel sorry, just saying, this is what it feels like.

You do realize almost nothing you said applies here? Everything is working as intended. The problem is that what was intended was bad idea.

• Like 1

Sadly the new UI is terrible compared to the old one.

No shortcuts makes the armoury a chore to use.

Dragging and dropping mods is pretty much the worst option that could have been chosen and easily doubles the amount of time it takes to mod anything up. 

The d pad selection is incredibly buggy and it uses the starting cursor position to determine where you scroll from so if you are below all the options pressing down will do nothing you have to press up to start at the bottom of the menu. 

Ultimately even fixing the issues will only make it almost as fast as the previous system. It feels like no one with a controller actually used it. 

• Like 3

Just now, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

You do realize almost nothing you said applies here? Everything is working as intended. The problem is that what was intended was bad idea.

Well, I say that is does apply, because as DE releases something, it's usually in either a disfunctional or "uncomfortable" state. DE adjusts things to fit how players in general want it to work. My guess is that as people give feedback on the new UI in this thread (And I'm sure many others), DE will take that feedback and fix things. They do this with every update, however, the PC players have to bear all the discomfort, disfunction, bugs, etc. until DE fixes it. By the time it gets to console, it all fits (most) players' taste. This time it's kinda flipped to where you guys are doing the usual job of the PC players and are giving the feedback that we would normally give.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Blairlio said:

I'd want a cursor fix soon in a hot patch or something. Playing another game till fixed! Might give desty a try. Could'nt be anyworse then waframe at the moment! lol

same here, ill be playing other stuff until its back to normal.   these people should truly think about what theyre doing before acting.  changing things just to cchange them

• Like 1