Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(XB1/PS4) Virtual Cursor Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

3 hours ago, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

I've been looking for it. I think it may have been deleted because telling pissed off players "deal with it" was not a wise idea. If it wasn't specifically Steve, it was one of the DE team that wrote something along those lines because I am not the only person to remember it.

And for the record, I'm a she.

Along with at least several pages of posts. I suspect but have no way to confirm that they're still there, just not visible to us as we haven't got the right forum access/privileges. 

Yes that was a particularly "unfortunate" response that resulted in people who were only annoyed, becoming really very cross. It's probably a safe bet that it's been purged from twitter or whatever. I seriously hope that whoever it was learned something about how to respond to upset customers. 

I apologise for not knowing you are female and will try to refer to you correctly in the future. 

On 2018-07-26 at 7:25 PM, (PS4)XaVRone said:

I FACKEN HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE THIS NEW GUI  ITS MADDENING FRUSTRATING HARD ON MY EYES SLUGGISH UNECCASSARY PEOPLE QUITTING OVER IT     IDONT PLAY HALF AS MUCH OR ILL SMASH CONTROLLER AND BREAK TV     WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY  DUMB DUMB DUMB STUPID LAME BULLCRAP ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  oh and I heard from DE we have to "DEAL WITH IT"!  Wow

Top kek.

On 2018-07-26 at 5:35 AM, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

Biggest kick in the teeth and probably what has most of the community upset is when DE Steve tweeted to "deal with it". That wasn't considerate of the players on ANY platform and showed his utter lack of respect or care for the players. 

Dude, I called it way the hell back on July 14th.

On 2018-07-14 at 8:52 AM, TwoWolves said:

Meanwhile, DE is like...

giphy.gif

That's right. I moonlight as a psychic, now, to pay the bills.

giphy.gif

On 2018-07-30 at 5:18 PM, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

I've been looking for it. I think it may have been deleted because telling pissed off players "deal with it" was not a wise idea. If it wasn't specifically Steve, it was one of the DE team that wrote something along those lines because I am not the only person to remember it.

Steve said it on dev stream when he showcased the new UI. And after that Danielle said it also on one of her streams that we just have to get used to it.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)VauhtiVeikko said:

Steve said it on dev stream when he showcased the new UI. And after that Danielle said it also on one of her streams that we just have to get used to it.

I saw it on twitter.

But changes have been made, and further changes will be coming. Steve admitted on twitter mistakes were made, and they will do their best to make things better. This is DE, we know they will, they love Warframe more than we do and only want it to be the best it can be for us.

21 hours ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

But changes have been made, and further changes will be coming. Steve admitted on twitter mistakes were made, and they will do their best to make things better. This is DE, we know they will, they love Warframe more than we do and only want it to be the best it can be for us.

I hope so too but my only fear is that those fixes will get buried (and forgotten) under all those big updates which are coming in the near future. 

Several more issues to report. I know DE has abandoned this chat but I still have to post it somewhere and the last time I attempted to make a secondary bug report my post was relocated here so it could be ignored once again.

1) I am constantly having issues when the chat window is open if I attempt to accept an invite by pressing X it opens the virtual keyboard instead but when i press B to exit the keyboard it cancels the mission invite.

2) When exiting a mission often the cursor is stuck on the screen and will not allow me to perform any actions.

3) When selecting relic rewards often I am unable to select the relic reward I want. The screen bugs out and the selection box slides to the right.

4) When trying to upgrade mods I often cant select the mod I want to rank up. the cursor jumps to the lower left of the mod just off the edge of the mod preventing me from selecting the mod. 

5) not sure if this is related to the update or not but often matchmaking is just downright broken, preventing me from joining a party or kicking me out of an existing party halfway through a mission.

More to come for sure but that is all that has been bothering me for the time being. 

On 2018-07-30 at 10:18 AM, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

It was retracted and changed to, were not going back, we can only move forward. But i remember because that's when i was banned by Letter13 bc i called the devs morons for the cursor update. Which is still fact and still true despite they don't like being called out for their ignorance. It is what it is, personally left the game nearly entirely and limited my time to logins to see if the cursor is gone yet. Dont watch devstreams or follow anything warframe anymore. And February 22nd, when ANTHEM is released, WARFRAME will be deleted from my console and about 20k of my 90k followers have confirmed they'll convert to ANTHEM with me. Right now were mostly on C.O.D.'s and the new B.O.4. Sorry devs, but appearing as a lonely warframer was the only way to really test your fidelity.

I guess WARFRAME devs should have listened to Stalker when he said

Your Actions Have Consequences 

But my personal favorite quote is

A man with no price cant be bought

That would be Unlike your paid for reviews 

What sad is that the controller was far from perfect before the cursor changes and now DE wants to add heavy melee attacks and allow dual wielding with a one handed melee and one handed secondary, except the channeling button controls the heavy attacks and that is typically assigned to the triggers. Basically they have to reconfigure the controller layout for the melee rework.

And that doesn't even account for problems that will occur with the new gas tileset since reload and interact are often merged into a single button and if you reload anywhere near a wire you will instead jump onto the wire.

Yeah, DE needs to spend some serious time fixing the controller UI and button layout as things will only get worse from here and they are already really bad.

And besides archwing being horrible to control, alt fire is a mess on a controller too since weapons like the Tiberon Prime allow you to cycle through the firing modes but only shoot with the primary input (usually right trigger), whereas the Pandero and Euphona Prime fire directly from the alt fire which only works if it is assigned to R3 (and many players prefer jump there).

Needless to say that the melee update and Railjack (Archwing) are going to need a TON of work for consoles and DE still hasn't even gotten the cursor UI to 50% of what it was before the update. This year is going to be very rough for console players unless DE takes the time to fix their mistakes, and so far DE hasn't even commented on any upcoming cursor UI QoL improvements.

The solution to this problem is so simple. Just create an options menu toggle to turn the cursor off (so effectively reverting to the old UI system). Then there's no need to force anything down anyone's throat. And if this new cursor thing really is that important to have for whatever reason, then we can have it both ways. 

On 2018-08-07 at 6:31 PM, (PS4)Jedi_Arts_ said:

The solution to this problem is so simple. Just create an options menu toggle to turn the cursor off (so effectively reverting to the old UI system). Then there's no need to force anything down anyone's throat. And if this new cursor thing really is that important to have for whatever reason, then we can have it both ways. 

That's what I said they should've done right after and what I thought they would've done with the update. The sensor button on PS4 controls was free to have such a thing and they could've made it work in some way on PC to keep their unified UI.  

• Like 2

I have a bug to report I keep getting a kernel error 382.something over and over again quite often in critical missions that I have to lose all my earnings because I have to log out again.it is getting very costly for me and very very annoying please do something about it.

Yeah, I swore I saw it in the actual game just around the time we had the switch to the latest UI with sacrifice. 

Here's the weird part. If you open a choice-screen like we get when a node has an active alert, pressing the triangle, snaps the cursor up into the top left of the screen, as though it was trying to get to where such a choice would be located. Maybe its just trying to go to matchmaking.... But it's still something that is really a major factor for me. 

Hey DE,

Saw there was an update today, and I loaded it up in the hopes that you'd have some UI fixes.  Unfortunately, the game didn't even have the most fundamental fix that prevents console-users from playing exclusively with the D-pad: the ability to have menus scroll up-and-down, left-and-right, without using the right thumbstick.  At this point it's been months since you relegated consoles to a downgraded UI, and months since I heard anything from anyone at DE indicating the team cared enough to do improve the situation.  With no evidence of improvement in this latest patch, I genuinely can't think of a reason to still have hope that things will get better.  I'd love to be proved wrong, because this is something I don't want to be right about.

I guess I'll log on again when the next patch comes out, and I'll try to keep my expectations low so I don't get crushed yet again.

Edited by (PS4)Unstar

Still waiting for any response on this megathread. We're 81 pages and the vast majority want the old ui back. You're losing alot of players by screwing the UI up. I can count the times I've loaded this game up and played since the UI change on 1 hand...

Edited by (PS4)Chris_Robet

8 hours ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

Still waiting for any response on this megathread. We're 81 pages and the vast majority want the old ui back. You're losing alot of players by screwing the UI up. I can count the times I've loaded this game up and played since the UI change on 1 hand...

I want you to think about what you said there. You aren't playing the game.

You want something to happen in the game, but you're not around so why should what you want matter? 

I mean if you were playing and had a specific request, I could understand being upset that it's not been implemented. It would be affecting you.

But as it stands, you've played less than 5 times in the last couple of months according to your post. And what you're requesting is a very large change made up of many, many small changes. 

Don't misunderstand me, I want to have a UI optimised for the controller just like you. But I am willing to work with them and point out what the small things are that need fixing. You're obviously not. 

33 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

But I am willing to work with them and point out what the small things are that need fixing.

I'd like to work with them as well... where do I post about the things that need fixing that will be noticed? WF isn't unplayable, it's just worse than it used to be.

- Need to scroll with d pad

- Need leave squad shortcut

- Need to remove double click from install arcanes and initiate a trade at dojo terminal (assuming wasn't addressed in last update)

^ These would be a good start DE.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

I'd like to work with them as well... where do I post about the things that need fixing that will be noticed? WF isn't unplayable, it's just worse than it used to be.

- Need to scroll with d pad

- Need leave squad shortcut

- Need to remove double click from install arcanes and initiate a trade at dojo terminal (assuming wasn't addressed in last update)

^ These would be a good start DE.

To add onto this, I could list off ideas but literally EVERYTHING I could think of has been posted here.

As for why I care.... what kind of question is that? I have 2k+ hours in the game so of course I want to play it but I'm not going to force myself to deal with suboptimal controls just to play a game that worked fine before.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

The (XB1/PS4) Virtual Cursor Feedback Megathread is probably the best place. Over the last couple of months I've seen some of the suggestions adopted. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

To add onto this, I could list off ideas but literally EVERYTHING I could think of has been posted here.

As for why I care.... what kind of question is that?

And so you prefer to do nothing in the hopes that you will get what you want? You ever look at anyone who wants something? Either they ask for it over and over until they get it or they ask once and go away. 

And again, let's say that you have something like a car, something that runs but there's a whole laundry list of complaints. Yeah, if money and time aren't an issue then getting a brand new one built from the ground up would be best. But if you are limited on resources, then your best option is to try and get specific things fixed, one or two at a time, until you finally look around and say, "right I'm happy now". We're working with a company with limited resources. 

And you missed something. I didn't why you should care about the game. I asked why the developers should care about what people who actively choose to not play the game want, especially if those people can't even point out the specific things that they would need fixed to be able to play again. 

Please understand, it's not that they shouldn't care about losing customers or drawing you back into the fold. It's a question of, do they focus on the people who have left or those who aren't really here anymore, or do they focus on the customers that are still around? Which would you choose to prioritise, if you had limited resources? 

We both really want the same thing. We both know that the control scheme we had was so much more useful than this cursor made for a mouse. But they already said that reverting isn't an option. The best we can hope for is that they'll get to the point where all the hotkey functions exist once more and then they'll wake up one morning and say "hey, I just realised, we're at a point where we can have a default preset for each of the major controller options, and it'll probably work just fine" and then they'll give it to us just to shut us up. 

Why should players on different platforms care about a unified UI if we're not able to play across platforms? I realize that having to code for different platforms is expensive, time consuming and causes staggered update releases, but if cross play isn't an option, then why are they still persisting with this abomination even though the players are telling them they don't want it? What is the benefit to the PLAYERS, not the coders? 

Also, why do we have Show Profile (the player's gaming profile) instead of Profile (Warframe profile) when we click names in chat? We need Profile to see Warframe profiles of players.  If we need to find their gamer profile, we can go to the home screen (on consoles) or tab out to a browser (on PC), we don't need to see their gamer profile in the game. EVER.

Edited by (PS4)Firebrandd
additional rant

On 2018-08-16 at 7:52 AM, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

Why should players on different platforms care about a unified UI if we're not able to play across platforms? I realize that having to code for different platforms is expensive, time consuming and causes staggered update releases, but if cross play isn't an option, then why are they still persisting with this abomination even though the players are telling them they don't want it? What is the benefit to the PLAYERS, not the coders? 

Also, why do we have Show Profile (the player's gaming profile) instead of Profile (Warframe profile) when we click names in chat? We need Profile to see Warframe profiles of players.  If we need to find their gamer profile, we can go to the home screen (on consoles) or tab out to a browser (on PC), we don't need to see their gamer profile in the game. EVER.

When you increase the complexity of a system, you increase the chance that something will break. Code that works perfectly on the PC might be translated into something that has glitches when you go in and rework it for the consoles. 

As it stood they'd release it for PC, then go bug hunting for a couple of weeks. Then port that across, and go bug hunting on two different consoles.

Unified code means that if it works on one, it'll work on all. So we all benefit from it getting fixed once. 

Pretty sure that people have said that the devs would be interested in cross play. 

I agree with you 100% about the the profile in chat being the wrong one. If I'm checking the profile, I probably want to see the persons stats, not what other games they play. I understand that people in a clan might form connections that they want to take elsewhere, but we can access that through the menus. In the chat I just want to know if it's an established player I'm about to trade with or a potential scammer, and if the person is likely to be able to handle the mission we are talking about going to.