Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(XB1/PS4) Virtual Cursor Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Having just finished the download, I don't unequivocally hate it as much as I thought I would. However, there are some things that are awful:

1) Drag and drop mods in the upgrade screen has to #*!%ing go. The two-click system before was fine. This is obnoxious.

2) Bring back button hotkeys in arsenal for upgrade, etc. 

3) Don't make us double-click to equip a warframe, weapon, or arcane, and if you're going to insist we have a cursor on console, make it display warframe/weapon/arcane stats when we hover over something. 

Edit:

4) Let us rotate warframe in arsenal when customizing appearance without having to move the cursor off the menu item back to the warframe. And again, if you're going to force a cursor on console players, make syndana previews display when hovered over with the cursor instead of making us click on each one to preview it individually. Seriously, at this point I'm going to bill you for my new controller when the X button wears out... 

Edited by (PS4)AeonDeus
  • Like 1

DE please understand that consoles and their controllers do not act just as smoothly as a mouse n keyboard. we cant simply flick our wrists and instantly click a button like you guys. the cursor on navigation was a good stooping point on that, now its a tedious wave around a cursor just to click on various buttons in the arsenal! it was easier to click the Y, X, A, B buttons to select appearance, upgrade, etc. PLEASE change this back. no console player wants to conform to your PC standards.

• Like 2

Xbox here: Just gotta say "Ugh."

Takes me 3x as long to nav the arsenal menus than it did before. I could swap loadouts with only three quick button mashes; now I have to scroll over every individual icon before inputting the intermediate button mash. Not to mention, dragging mods into mod slots feels really clunky and slow. Double clicking Arcanes to install on Warframes blows, and I still have to scroll past all the junk Arcanes just to find the good ones; which makes naving the Arcane menu even more of a pain. I haven't tried fissure endless yet, but I'm dreading the prospect of having to nav that hot mess with a cursor under time constraints (Speaking of which, can we PLEASE get a filter for removing Vaulted Relics from the displayed relic pool? Some of us still have the original Loki relics from the Key/Relic/Void rework).

In conclusion: Analog stick controls don't seem to be well designed for handling cursor input, just saying; thus far this feels like a literal two steps backward without the initial step forward.

...Sigh...

...This is THE FUTURE! Yeah, I liked the past better.

• Like 2

I'ma be frank and concise: none of this improved my Warframe experience.  I want a Legacy Menu Navigation option if DE is intent on pursuing this Cursor-based UI more.  The UI redesign is extremely unfriendly to Controller play.

You DE folks have plenty to read through already and I'd mostly reiterate other peoples' points, but I can get more detailed - heck, I might later.  Right now this has turned navigating the menus I'd gotten used to for 4 years into a chore and it's hard to even feel like playing the game.

The new UI is slower, non-intuitive and clumsy compared to the older version. The original worked just fine. It absolutely did -not- need fixing. If I wanted this sort of interface I’d play on a PC. It truly detracts from my game experience.

I believe this change to be extremely inconsiderate to your console-based players. At the very least, let -us- choose whether or not to use this shiny new toy you’ve added. Make it a toggle between old and new.

As we are the users and customers of your game, it makes sense to let us choose our own user interface style.

Thanks for your time,

T.

• Like 3

I really dislike the changes. The cursor is one of the defining characteristics between console and PC and the cursor is so unnatural on console. It’s so much more work and frankly an annoyance on console as to where things were perfectly fine imo as they were. I’m so turned off by the changes. Very disappointed. 

• Like 1

I really don’t wanna beat a dead horse, especially with all that’s already been said, but I just don’t understand this. Who thought this was a good idea? Who tested this and said it was an improvement? If you knew it was going to be this bad you should have put it off until it was better, or at least have made it optional. I don’t have a mouse and keyboard, and judging from this forum thread I’m not the only one, but that is what this UI was obviously designed for. Nearly every aspect of menu navigation is now slower and clunkier for controller use. Do you guys at DE only play with M&K controls? Cause you seem to have seriously messed up your estimation of how your player base plays your game on a CONSOLE. That or you’re putting your ease of development over our enjoyment and that’s a step down a dark path.

• Like 1

Yep, it's awful. I don't know what DE was thinking - they dropped the hammer on this one boys and gals. I'm super disappointed about this, and probably wont play as much either. We're not a PC, we're a console.... give us console controls back!

42 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys, I have here a list of known issues with a couple of notes as well! 

• D-Pad not working on World State Window - will be implemented in a future update!
  • Can't rotate items in the Market (fixed)
  • D-Pad skipping over items in menu lists - will be fixed in a future update! 
  • Scrolling with the D-Pad will be implemented in a future update! 

Thank you for all of your feedback!

What about the ability to choose Legacy vs Cursor interface? Based on the feedback here that seems like it should be a priority.

• Like 2