Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4 Beasts of the Sanctuary: Update 22.20.6 (LIMBO PRIME + Hotfixes)

Please DE.  This console UI update is horrendous and we need to know that you understand how we feel about it and that you'll do something about it.  There's a lot of menu navigation in warframe and this update has made that entire aspect of the game a tedious experience.  Please either give us the option to have one or the other, or at least find a happy medium that makes those of use using controller not want to pull out hair out.  You get made a wonderful game and there's so many great things in this most recent update, but this UI is a serious point of contention.

I really dislike the new console ui and can't remember any console game that had a worse ui. Navigating the menu takes a couple of times longer than before. The controller is not a mouse!  I for myself decided that it's time to take break until it gets fixed. 

Im starting a poll as i see more people like myself that dont really like the idea of a cursor being on a console platform

For anyone that want the cursor gone put#KILLTHECURSOR

For anyone that wants to keep the cursor put #KEEPTHECURSOR

Please DE i like my old UI and this new one has to go and im sure that most players of Warframe all agree with me.

P.S if this UI is to stay then im sure you will lose many players that have spent money on Warframes and Plat witch for you guys would mean less sales and im quite happy to go to another game that isn't a pain with updates and allows the players actually to have a say in amongst what should go in the game eg. CoD BO Nuke Town was and still is a map that has shown in the other BO games as well because the players asked for it.

One fundamental flaw with this new control scheme is this: sometimes the cursor follows the dpad in the menus and sometimes not. For example Navigation: press triangle, with dpad select Solo mode, press X. Nothing happens even the dialog is highlighted. Same thing with the chat menus. And why oh why I have to hover the cursor over the text to be able to scroll it. 

And ofcourse lost hot keys, stupid drag and drop etc. My god all I see is red when I try to mod my weapons or even change my frame to another. 

Have you tried fishing yet? Please give it a try. You'll be amazed how that changed more complicated too. Yet again more complicated and takes a lot more steps to carry out a simple command like change the bait and throw it. 

Wow what a Big Update i like it the Gpu is pretty good looks amazing but navigate with my pad ist horroble , i think that option was for the keypad and mouse player on console but most of the player play with a pad and this is just horroble . Please put an Option for Activate Cursor or not Active . 

Found something I like about the new UI 😄

In the past, if you wanted to look up details of something like a Riven mod in trade chat, you had to often scroll up and then hit the details button. Because trade chat moves so quickly, that stupid details list often didn't correspond to what you just saw in trade chat. 

Now, however, you can simply scroll up and click on individual stuff directly. This is better than before imo. At least quicker.

Hotfix #2 June 6th: 

This hotfix is coming to you to tackle a majority of our Virtual Cursor Action Plan (you can read more on that in the dedicated Dev Workshop)! 

• Restored button shortcuts in the Arsenal. 
  • Changed Relic selection windows to preview content on hover. To chose Relic simply select it. 
  • Added the ability to auto-rotate your Warframe in the Arsenal (using the Right Trigger) while browsing item grid.
  • Changed “preview” and “select” to be independent of one another in the Arsenal item selection (separate bindings displayed in bottom right of screen in Arsenal).
  • Removed the need to hold down X + drag in order to select a Mod in the Modding UI. Instead, selecting a Mod will make it stick to your cursor like it used to, allowing you to move it with cursor control or D-Pad. Additionally, hitting “back” will deselect the Mod from your cursor without exiting the screen.   . 
  • Fixed being unable to interact with touchpad controls in the customize controller menu. 
  • Fixed not being able to fish with Classic Controls.
  • Fixed L1 prompt in Ability Menu appearing permanently after opening fishing gear wheel

This will restore a vast amount of the functionality of the previous system. While I'd be happier NOT HAVING A CURSOR TO BEGIN WITH I can accept that it makes for a cleaner UI code and appreciate the Devs' efforts to accommodate much of the functionality we used to have.

There is another strange bug too, I have a PS4 Pro but in the options and changing the GPU to "Ludicrous" is not working. Everytime I change it and save it when I exit the options and go look at the change , it keeps going back to Medium GPU. It some reason won't save the option to Ludicrous GPU. It's not of a big deal but just wanted to try the cool new graphic particles and see how awsome it looks.

57 minutes ago, (PS4)Grimsley_x said:

There's a new bug please fix! A lot of my clan mates are having this issue too of not being able to un equip sentinels or weapons. This is bothersome as many want to just equip one weapon to level 

Yep...was just about to come in and complain about this too. It goes for weapons and gear as well. 

Archived