Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.8 + 22.20.8.1

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, shira_nai said:

Dota has offensive item that deal damage too. Even then, my point is that I'm just pointing out "support class in every single game dont have offensive abilities" statement is false.

Yeah, but that usually depends on the game itself, so that doesn't mean that every other game has to do the same as those, certainly not Warframe when not only it's a shooter but guns are very powerful too (again unlike games where the regular attack often isn't enough or even comparable between classes, so many slip in offensive or CC abilities to support/healers, though honestly nearly always even if powerful they still fall short comparing to other offensive abilities, but Trinity can use the same weapons as everyone so there really isn't a need for an offensive attack or mass CC).

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

For consistency, damage link abilities (Trinity, Nidus, Nekros) will no longer transmit self-damage, but you will still get the damage reduction. This is particularly relevant for the healer/support class of Trinity who had become the go-to DPS frame in addition to the intended support roles. The re-release of Mods like Aviator added to some clever but ultimately uncharacteristic roles for Trinity.

Yeah, because it is a terrible thing for support to have any damaging ability xD

1 минуту назад, UjaAca сказал:

Yeah, because it is a terrible thing for support to have any damaging ability xD

God forbid for support to be able to kill things, reminds me of a certain Mercy 😁

I personally do not have an issue with the change that removes nuke-link trinity(knew it was coming and I thought it was needed) but the language they use for this change bothers me a lot.  Saying clever but uncharacteristic way of using Trinity so it needs to be changed?  Seems like saying if you do not play a warframe the exact way we intend then we will stop you.  Just limits build creativity to me.

1 minute ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Yeah, but that usually depends on the game itself, so that doesn't mean that every other game has to do the same as those, certainly not Warframe when not only it's a shooter but guns are very powerful too (again unlike games where the regular attack often isn't enough or even comparable between classes, so many slip in offensive or CC abilities to support/healers, though honestly nearly always even if powerful they still fall short comparing to other offensive abilities, but Trinity can use the same weapons as everyone so there really isn't a need for an offensive attack or mass CC).

Let's make it simple. Do you agree that support classes in every single game don't have strong offensive abilities?

Just now, Prof.549 said:

So...you are out of arguments or what? :clem:

I told you I'm not gonna discuss with you anymore, just wanted to say you remind me of a friend. 

Don't take this bad, I'm just not in the mood to discuss anymore. 

Have a nice day

1 minute ago, vitreloy said:

You should 1st understand why this game success, why people like this game, why people play this game.

The answer is to be OP, to be a super human, to be able to come out some extraordinary way to beat the system.

I am worry that all this will soon gone if they continue down this path.

That still doesn't make it so everything can be done or should stay in the game. Plus that's not the single reason everyone likes the game. Variety is also a reason, but things like Nuke Trin kill variety more than create it, and it was the same for other things that got nerfed, they were liabilities for the game as a whole and often the power they exercised wasn't the main issue, but often how inactive and automated they were (press a single button to kill every enemy without even seeing them), or just simply were intended to exist.

Saying that nerfing a single interaction is "going down a bad path" or that they are removing our power is quite the exaggeration comparing to the buffs that we also often get (which we get more buffs than nerfs). A single change and yet we are powerful, Trinity is still the best healer, the easiest it can get to give energy, still as tanky and can still cheese enemies that are meant to be strong but her 2 still ruins them anyway.

This is my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

I see no reason to not transmit self-damage. However, it was getting kind of silly, especially in index. I would've just changed link to transmit post armor and resistances damage, so if you used diamond skin and aviator that you would transmit negligible damage. But if you didn't you could still transmit decent damage, provided you have sufficient heals, which you could do yourself, but at that point your energy drain is becoming substantial and you start to have to pick and chose how powerful you want it to be and how risky you're willing to play.

il y a 6 minutes, shira_nai a dit :

Let's make it simple. Do you agree that support classes in every single game don't have strong offensive abilities?

nerf oberon then his kit is suport and heavy killer ...

Just now, toudy49 said:

nerf oberon then his kit is suport and heavy killer ...

Mhmm, oberon's 4 and harrow's 4 is unnecessary then because for support frame there's no need to have an offensive attack because they can use weapons just like every frame xD pls nerf 

Just now, Zander10102 said:

This is my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

I see no reason to not transmit self-damage. However, it was getting kind of silly, especially in index. I would've just changed link to transmit post armor and resistances damage, so if you used diamond skin and aviator that you would transmit negligible damage. But if you didn't you could still transmit decent damage, provided you have sufficient heals, which you could do yourself, but at that point your energy drain is becoming substantial and you start to have to pick and chose how powerful you want it to be and how risky you're willing to play.

Like I always say, nerf is a lazy and most easy way of dealing with problem.

Nice to see you nerfing a boring two dimensional support frame without making any other changes to alleviate the fact they're basically a battery glued to a medkit with arms and legs taped on. Trinity should get a skin with a unicorn horn, lord knows she's going to go back to being that rare outside of premades.

Saying this is a "fix" is like shoving a butterknife into an open wound and declaring a job well done. The problem wasn't Link, or Castanas, or self damage. The problem is Trinity. Her whole design is outdated and she needs a total overhaul, she's like something that fell out of a late 90s MMO, and her name is ironically accurate as a result.

As a fun bonus, now Saryn has to compete with even more other Saryns for spore priority as the ESO meta scrunches even tighter.

As someone who found link nuke Trinity to be absolutely cancerous, I'm sitting here and telling you that it would have been better to just leave well enough alone until she could get a proper pass. People here are saying "now she's the best support" and all I can respond with is "also the rarest."

5 minutes ago, shira_nai said:

Nope, not making it simple because it's not that simple. There is no right or wrong there, there's cases where that applies and there's cases where it doesn't, choosing a side would just be... not very smart to say the least. Dealing in such absolutes just isn't a good way to discuss things.

But if you want an example, Mercy from Overwatch, support with no offensive abilities, more the less strong ones. She has no need for offensive abilities when her kit is very strong at supporting allies. Meanwhile other supports that aren't as effective at healing people get other different spins, some have CC, status or damage. The game does it all and it all comes down to what the game requires.

So yeah, I'm not making it simple, I won't pick a side, I'm not giving you a vote for your side.

Archived