Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.8 + 22.20.8.1

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, Leqesai said:

Can you elaborate on this a bit? I'm not too clear how they work with regard to self damage.

I think it's because Nidus and Necros are either single target or effect "friendly" minions. So the change extends the life of both of those things in the event of self damage. 

Ultimately it's a buff because you don't want what you're effecting to die and the change is giving you something for nothing. Cause you are getting the all the damage reduction BUT none of the damage is being forwarded.

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

Can you elaborate on this a bit? I'm not too clear how they work with regard to self damage.

Just now, --Q--Case said:

you will still damage yourself like u did before, you will not link damage that's all, it's like before nothing changed about the damage that you take

the whole point of this isn't the damage you take, it's the damage you throw onto your linked enemy. with self-damaging weapons, previously, you'd kill it pretty quickly. which meant more casting, more time vulnerable, etc.

now that they won't hurt your linked enemy anymore, you can go trigger-happy. it'll still reduce the damage you take by the same amount, but it won't die after you shoot yourself a couple times.

il y a 2 minutes, Kitessencial a dit :

Thanks for the update, but I must ask why is trinity DPS a bad thing? 

I understand nerfing an specific aspect of a warframe when it hurts build diversity, however DPS trinity just added one more way to play her. It did not, in any way, reduce the use of other trinity builds, bless is still used in eidolon hunts, while EV is used in onslaught and while farming resources. DPS trinity is useful mostly in defense missions, index and also onslaught, so why nerf it if just increases the possibilities of how to play as trinity? 

Because DE like us to play the game the way they want ... They dont like interesting interactions .. . See Exodia Contagion nerf.. See Nukong Nerf.. See Chroma Nerf .. See all the recent nerfs to the game 

I still have the problem when going down the archwing and get the operator and return to the warframe, the sensitivity of the mouse increases exaggeratedly, really I am the only one who has this problem ?, since version 22.0 I have this problem, I can not use achwing in eidolon because it is unplayable, in Uranus I have the same problem

I used translator, I hope you understand

7 minutes ago, Maryph said:

Sooo, trinity is one of the most useful support in the game, and because she can't OS an entire room anymore means that she's useless.
Go give energy to equinox or saryn, they're the ones for this role.

This.  If I want to kill hordes of enemies, I'll take a damage frame for that.  I take Trinity when I want to play a support role for other frames.  It's really not a difficult concept, people.

3 minutes ago, Kitessencial said:

Thanks for the update, but I must ask why is trinity DPS a bad thing? 

I understand nerfing an specific aspect of a warframe when it hurts build diversity, however DPS trinity just added one more way to play her. It did not, in any way, reduce the use of other trinity builds, bless is still used in eidolon hunts, while EV is used in onslaught and while farming resources. DPS trinity is useful mostly in defense missions, index and also onslaught, so why nerf it if just increases the possibilities of how to play as trinity? 

Nuke Trinity worked because it exploited the system. Exploits are bad. 

The decoration update bugged the ship decorations, it now says that we don't have the authorization to change things.

Also, it would be nice to patch the disastrous reanimation bug on the plains that makes it so we can't use any power and have to go in the water/die to solve this. Or the one when you reanimate someone and end up blocked in their place, unable to do anything. 

à l’instant, Prof.549 a dit :

I am so happy to read all those Trin-DPS players whine 😄

I wasnt a Trin DPS players...  and still whine .. your point ?

Nerfing interesting interactions is not the way to go when balancing a game . .and all game developpers should  understand that .. even more when the game is supposed to be a power fantasy game !

16 minutes ago, Isheepzu said:

whelp...looks like trinity just joined the ranks of useless and never used frames...on the other hand i am liking the improvement to Miasma. 

I know you're new to the game and all, but you really need to learn more about warframes. Trinity pre Link rubbish has always been wanted and needed. Bless and EV were and are her bread and butter. The recent addition of ESO gave her a new angle with the Nuking Link. DE has stated she was not intended as a DPS Frame.

3 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Nuke Trinity worked because it exploited the system. Exploits are bad. 

How so? It wasn't intended, but if it works, isn't overpowered (or just received a nerf to damage) and doesn't hurt gameplay, then why is it "bad"? 

EDIT: Or did I just oversee your sarcasm? 

6 minutes ago, MunsuLight said:

I can agree this was unhealthy gameplay.. but nerfing interactions is not the way to do it.. They could just have given  less damage reduction on the "resist" mod so the trin would have to juggle with Bless, EV to keep her alive and having enough energy for it .. They took the easy way with it 

ANd by the way.. I disliked playing Nuke Trin ... but I'm still not happy about them nerfing her ... It was the same with "Nukong" ... They nerf interesting interactions because ESO exists IMO

To my understanding, nerfing nude is unhealthy, because we have to set on the chair longer to clear AABC rotation.

1 minute ago, Kitessencial said:

How so? It wasn't intended, but if it works, isn't overpowered (or just received a nerf to damage) and doesn't hurt gameplay, then why is it "bad"? 

Becaaaaause...it was unintended? C:.

à l’instant, Prof.549 a dit :

It was unintended mechanics. It's a fix, not nerf. :clem:

That's just your point of view: ask dark souls players about "unintended mechanics". They build around them and that makes parts of the game rich and creative. Of course they are bugs, but they are an opportunity for players to play creatively. If they are out of balance, balance them, don't delete them.

I'm so glad that Castana Rivens worth 3000 plat are now worth 30 plat 😄 

Stahp being greedy people!

The Trinity change was a good one, but it really hits hard on the community when a huge nerf is not accompanied by at least a quality-of-life change, or a smaller buff of some kind, especially when there are a ton of valid ones in the suggestions forum, and some beneficial for both DE and the players.

Just now, Kitessencial said:

And that makes it bad? Your logic doesn't seem correct... 

Sooo, if you'd(or a builders team) build a house with just one room instead of 4(as you planned) - you'd leave it like that cuz...y'know...it will work anyway? 😄 

il y a 6 minutes, Prof.549 a dit :

It was unintended mechanics. It's a fix, not nerf. :clem:

It wasnt .. People need to get their heads out of the sand ...      And they nerfed a lot of interactions sadly .. I will repeat.. See Exodia Contagion nerf.. .. See Nukong Nerf ... just to name these twos for now

It was intended ... but DE just dont want that to exist anymore ...  because they want us to play the game they way they see it ... For them.. a frame that can do it all shouldnt exist...  But there is still many frames.. that can do support, DPS.. Will they nerf them into the ground too ?

Archived