Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.8 + 22.20.8.1

[DE]Rebecca

3 minutes ago, Dark_Sp00n said:

That's just your point of view: ask dark souls players about "unintended mechanics". They build around them and that makes parts of the game rich and creative. Of course they are bugs, but they are an opportunity for players to play creatively. If they are out of balance, balance them, don't delete them.

AFAIK, it's not a Dark Souls we are playing here. So, it's just your point of view.

There's always unintended interactions when playing a game, because players always find innovative ways to play that the devs didn't even think about. You could test all you want, you'd never be able to think about everything.

3 minutes ago, MunsuLight said:

because they want us to play the game they way they see it

Exactly. It's their game at 100%. If you don't want to play a game like the devs implied it to be - then don't play it 😄 No one is obliged to please all your needs and desires. When guys like you would finally understand that..?

à l’instant, Prof.549 a dit :

Exactly. It's their game at 100%. If you don't want to play a game like the devs implied it to be - then don't play it 😄 No one is obliged to please all your needs and desires. When guys like would finally understand that..?

Well, we are the game's community. We can change it to some extent and warframe history has shown that more than once. Of course it's their game, but we still enjoy big portions of it and they want us to enjoy them. That's why they sometimes listen to their community. Sadly, most of the times, they wouldn't hear the community unless it screams loud enough.

1 minute ago, Prof.549 said:

Exactly. It's their game at 100%. If you don't want to play a game like the devs implied it to be - then don't play it 😄 No one is obliged to please all your needs and desires. When guys like you would finally understand that..?

What's with all those "its their game" people come up with? The create and maintain the game, but only with the community support. How come a player not be allowed to express their opinion about a change? 

Excuse me, am I the only one who can't open any web links in the game? Neither News links neither Market links work for me. The game loses imput focus but doesn't pass it to any other window. There is nothing in my browser and there is nothing in my Steam Overlay. Any tips?

Edit. The problem was in my browser ignoring all requests to open links from other programs.

Discussing what we feared - more nerfs for trinity, (both our main) - I ended up contributing more ideas with a friend of mine.

Spoiler

Friend: "in celebration of Trin's 8th ever nerf we should receive a DAB emote. "
Me: amen to that
Fiend:: "This is why we can't have nice things "
Me: same :sad:
Friend: "Yup seems Spores is still continuing to be over-engineered unfun garbage in anything outside of the tedium that is Onslaught, and pretty soon there won't be anything left to nerf on Trinity. " true true
Me: Also, while we're at it, let's let trinity's bless only affect teammates, perfect for when you're solo
Me: cos she's a 'support role'
Fiend:: oh #*!% no
Fiend:: someone reply
Fiend:: "Uninstalled "
Fiend:: lol
Me: hehe
Fiend:: ah well nerf does not affect me
Fiend:: its bad at high level solo
Fiend:: ...or was it ..
Me: I almost wanna add that bless joke on the forum
Fiend:: please no. I bet you they will do it
Fiend:: I will just start playing another game if they do
Me: lol 8'th nerf .. how much more will they add?
Me: Well, her link will only have a base range of 0.5 meters, can only link when a teammate in affinity radius is at low health. must have bless on, or it does not decrease damage taken. Base health reduced to 75 and energy to 100
Me: Also, since there is the ev damage build, ev will now damage trinity instead of the target

I know it sounds bitter, and I hate to be 'that person'
Just...
I guess someone has to mention a small thing before she just becomes 'mr filler'.

I love my Saryn, she opened like a beautiful flower.
Meanwhile, Trinity is withering away...
A cold breeze passes by, and there's only silence.

Apologies,
I felt like voicing ourselves at least
Even if the torches and pitchforks will burn me down now.
Because I stood up and took the bullet.

P.S.
Will there be a refund of 3 forma and an orokin catalyst, now that sancti castanas is useless?
Many thanks :heart:

à l’instant, Naats a dit :

Not sure about this I think they mostly nerf the "boring" plays, anything that when you're in a team with make you go take a coffee and run your frame in circles.

No, they don't nerf them, that would be great: they remove them.

Just now, Dark_Sp00n said:

Well, we are the game's community. We can change it to some extent and warframe history has shown that more than once. Of course it's their game, but we still enjoy big portions of it and they want us to enjoy them. That's why they sometimes listen to their community. Sadly, most of the times, they wouldn't hear the community unless it screams loud enough.

I would say it's a good thing that they are not listening to the community most of the time. Cuz it'd turn the game into a giant mess of "single-person-desires-and-their-best-vision-of-how-the-game-should-be".

il y a 1 minute, Dark_Sp00n a dit :

I still remember the outcry about the Elite Sanctuary first Efficiency change.. We have all said that was bad.. they didnt listened to us at all .. but once the outcry was massive enough , they reverted it because they saw they were wrong ..

And I agree with everything you said in here

3 minutes ago, Prof.549 said:

It is a comparing to fixing an unintended things(using your own logic)

Yes, comparing an unintended thing that people started using and seems healthy with an unintended thing you didn't like and think it's bad. You are comparing things in a way that simply does not make sense. If you want to compare it to a house, imagine a room you wanted to be bigger but turned out smaller however you actually enjoyed it because it made your garden bigger. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

For consistency, damage link abilities (Trinity, Nidus, Nekros) will no longer transmit self-damage, but you will still get the damage reduction. This is particularly relevant for the healer/support class of Trinity who had become the go-to DPS frame in addition to the intended support roles. The re-release of Mods like Aviator added to some clever but ultimately uncharacteristic roles for Trinity.

Rip Trinity self-dmg bois 😞

Archived