Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requesting a non-"decoration mode" freecam option for artistic picture taking

Ulvra

I've been playing around a lot with Dojo decorations lately, building various things and I ran into the situation where I'd like to be able to show things off, not ingame by inviting people there, but by taking pictures, etc. to post elsewhere. I've been making use of the decoration freecam, combined with having the "show UI in screenshots" option turned off, and it works... sorta, at least for stills, but even then it limits your available angles and views because looking at any decoration will result in a big ugly red smear from the selection marker, and try to do anything more fancy like say an animated gif and it just becomes impossible.

Now I am sure that a Dojo captura has been suggested before and while that would be lovely, I am sure it holds a number of technical problems to make that work, but what I'd like to propose as an addition would be simply the option to go into freecam within the Dojo. Having the aim reticle there for that is fine since the UI can be disabled and can be useful too, but just so that you can aim your camera freely without it trying to select or highlight any object you point at.

I'd suggest giving the option to every visitor, since there isn't much reason to jump through hoops to make it complicated and since it'd allow anyone to look around regardless of other permissions, without an ability to destroy things or otherwise mess things up.