The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Rhino mark... well... 5 at least :)

Kelpie77

Question

Hi everyone
Long time ago i had a Rhino (it is my first frame apart from starting one). I really loved it a lot, and i spent lot of time creating a good 3-forma build, also thanks to some people on the forum who helped me figuring out what i would need.
Then time passed and i also used many different frames; some just for mastery rank, and some i loved and i spent a lot of time on them. Valkyr Prime, Gara, Zephyr Prime, and of course Nidus are the one i spent and still spend a lot of time with (the Nidus... how much funny is it...)

Today i was looking back at my Rhino, the one i still use for rank 3 sortie 'cause is a very indestructable and funny guy, and i looked at my 3-day affinity booster and i told myself: hey, why don't try to forma it? A single 8-zone onslaught run later and he was back to 26. Wow. A bit more zones and now is 30 again. And i started building it again.
Those 2 are the build i like the most, but i guess which one is better...
zany5S2.jpg

This one is basic one; Steel Fiber, Armored Agility and Gladiator Aegis are for increase in armor; Blind Rage and Transient Fortitude for increase in strenght; Ironclad Charge is to rush into a group of enemies to get bonus armor and Iron Shrapnel is just the mandatory augment.

With this build Iron Skin is at 6.300 ferrite armor (without bonus from IC) at 73 energy cost (36 for each Charge)

I can put Streamline in lieu of TF to increase efficiency at cost of power strenght, of course... or i can go with a slightly different approach and get to next one
yXR9DsH.jpg

Same playstyle than before (Ironclad Charge into group of enemies, explode the armor, cast again). But armor are only 5.800 points, at 43 energy cost. With this reduced cost and almost average duration, Roar and Stomp are viable options too. Problem is: 150 energy is probably way too low to spam it here and there...

All of them are coupled with a Galatine Prime (with either a Blood Rush high crit spamming build or a quick attack high raw damage build), a status-built Akstiletto Prime and of course a critical built Vaykor Hek. And a taxon only to increase shield because if IS are going down suddenly (ie a nullifier or low energy reserve to recast IS) the overshield could take a shot or two. Hopefully.

So... which one will you advice me?
did you have a third even better one to suggest me?

I have still a couple day of affinity booster so i guess i can also try forma again to squeeze something else inside...

4 answers to this question

Do you really need that much Strength? (Never been a fan of Blind Rage, alas.)

If you don't tank your Efficiency, you can make a much more well-rounded / versatile build, like ...

Corrosive Projection, Enemy Sense
Intensify, Transient Fortitude
Stretch, Streamline
Primed Continuity, Steel Fiber
Ironclad Charge, Iron Shrapnel

Still plenty of oomph behind that damage buff, and it can even reach your Squad mates pretty easily.
With the Augment wombo combo (and not least more Range allowing you to hit more enemies), Iron Skin is gonna be huge, no prob.
Lastly, you even have ~affordable mass (damage and) CC pwnage as a further option for funzies / when things get a bit crazy.

Eh, probably not the best build or anything, but it works quite nicely for me. *shrug*

ty for your answers :)

I used Armored Agility because it gives more armor (and also a little bit of rush speed that's still good for a slow warframe like Rhino). In the second option i can swap it for Gladiator Aegis but it give same armor for less things (ie no speed boost)

I was trying to maximize the strenght to increase the armor from IS; however, you need to remove something x_x
the build i used before was pretty similar to the first one but with Intensify and Streamline in lieu of Blood Rage and Transient Fortitude