The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf Trin but why not Equinox

-AiLuoLi-

DE said that they don't like it when we "afk farm" so why no changes to Equinox? Just slap on max range, eff and nuke the whole map. She requires less effort than Trin the way I see it.
"But she have to charge!". Just press 4 and hide in a corner while your team mates charge for you my dear.
"But she's useless against armored grineer!" 4x Corrosive Projection has always been the meta.
"But there's a ramp up time before she can nuke again!" Get a buddy Equinox and play see saw.

Just now, -AiLuoLi- said:

DE said that they don't like it when we "afk farm" so why no changes to Equinox?

Because it is better for them to do one frame at a time. We just had Saryn. It is too close to Tennocon to rework another frame. Maybe Equinox is next, who knows?

6 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

DE said that they don't like it when we "afk farm" so why no changes to Equinox? Just slap on max range, eff and nuke the whole map. She requires less effort than Trin the way I see it.
"But she have to charge!". Just press 4 and hide in a corner while your team mates charge for you my dear.
"But she's useless against armored grineer!" 4x Corrosive Projection has always been the meta.
"But there's a ramp up time before she can nuke again!" Get a buddy Equinox and play see saw.

I like how you have to say "the way I see it"

I'm BeYonD sHoOk

Edited by TouFuub

5 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

DE say they don't like AFK farms, yet they continue to turn a blind eye to Hydroid who is the king of AFK. It's a matter of who is popular, not fixing AFK farming.

Hydroid is designed to be like that, but is useless if you do play him like that, you actually need to be active in order to maintain decent damage output as Hydroid.
The point of nerfs is intent versus unintended interactions.

To OP however, Trinity was "nerfed" because what she was doing was not how Link is meant to be used, on top of the issue that certain mods were being used in combination that aren't meant to work like that together, I'm certain we'll see Aviator and Diamond Skin nerfed directly if they pop up together in such a way again.

Edited by Klavinmour

1 minute ago, Klavinmour said:

Hydroid is designed to be like that

Yea. He was specifcially designed to be an AFK frame, therefore DE not only doesn't care but endorses that type of play. Even when everyone asked for the puddle to be removed, they decide to not only keep it, but essentially make it his main ability.

3 minutes ago, Klavinmour said:

you actually need to be active in order to maintain decent damage output as Hydroid.

You really don't. You can just sit there eating a sandwich watching the damage numbers go up as you drown enemies.

4 minutes ago, Klavinmour said:

Trinity was "nerfed" because what she was doing was not how Link is meant to be used

That's fair enough. However DE trying to sugarcoat nerfs by saying that don't like AFK farm playstyles is completely redundant as they themselves basically made a frame that actively endorses said playstyle. Basically I'm saying DE is living in a glass house.

Its simple - trinity can heal - regenerate health and could do more damage than any other frame in game - there was no downside - that simply cant last. Other frames might be up for a nerf and time will tell on that. For now we play with what we have

Because they don't nerf frames based on power, they nerf them based of method of acquiring said power. Compared to Saryn, Ember, Banshee and Trinity, she can't just press a button once or spamming it constantly for everything to die.

She has to charge her ability, the higher the levels, the more she has to kill before her ability becomes potent enough to wipe what's inside her radius. Armored targets are her worst nightmare. The only thing that I can see them doing is remove or lower the charge gain from enemies killed by allies. 

EXCUSE ME WHAT. Why is it after a frame gets nerfed/changed we all ways have someone saying nerf this frame but not this one. Plus she isn't really an afk frame. Maybe DE should nerf Nova because her three is to OP.

Edited by Jim22

2 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Trinity wasn't "nerfed" because of afk farming.

One mechanic was changed due to sheer fact shes not made to be a dps frame. She's mainly support.

They've even said in the patch notes the self damage link goes against her initial design.

The title of this thread 'Nerf trin but why not equinox' is dangerously close to the 'NERF EMBER but why not (TRINITY+CASTANAS) thread...Why has this suddenly became a trend? Hell, at this rate we might as well all make up a nerf x but why not this thread, so I'll start; nerf chroma but why not mesa?

This sort of thread deserves a place on the forum bingo card. Ridiculous.

Trinity was "nerfed" because the single best "supporting" warframe should not also be the single best aoe damage/nuke frame.

The comparison of Trin to Equinox isn't valid. Equinox was designed to have scaling damage and cc while Trinity was designed for survivability/energy restoration.

As far as nerfing Equinox for the "press 4" reasons, she's far from the worst current offender. Maim can be used in an afk fashion but then relies on teammates to enable you to function while afk, as well as Maim becoming less efficient as enemies become more and more tanky.

Warframes like Volt and Banshee are far worse as far as press4/afk play styles go.

20 minutes ago, Man_In_Suitcase said:

The title of this thread 'Nerf trin but why not equinox' is dangerously close to the 'NERF EMBER but why not (TRINITY+CASTANAS) thread...Why has this suddenly became a trend? Hell, at this rate we might as well all make up a nerf x but why not this thread, so I'll start; nerf chroma but why not mesa?

This sort of thread deserves a place on the forum bingo card. Ridiculous.

^^This

Nerf Equinox but why not Volt.......

20 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

I hope this teaches people why nerfs are generally useless in game.

Kill sound quake banshee, come saryn, kill saryn, come trinity, kill trinity, come equinox..

5 years of this and it's still going.

Just because balancing is hard to do, doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to do so. One by one DE has vanquished the brain dead builds, now none remain, maybe Volt needs some changes, but that's it.

Edited by aligatorno

Equinox is too reliant on a full squad to get DPS, not nukes. Her slash procs are limited per enemy/cast to 5 ticks, if it doesn't kill enemies inside the aura, well S#&$, time to recast or manually kill enemies. She only works as a dps in a squad with 4 CP, a powerful roar buff and still does way less dmg than other dps frames, and that's a problem on higher level enemies when they don't die in the 5 initial ticks. She shines at nuking, what she was designed for, and that takes a while to stack enough to kill enemies, you can't just afk play it.