Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember RANT!!

(PSN)MyUnhealthyHobby

I don’t know what to say other than enough is enough. Her passive is completely useless. Her new world on fire range is useless. Fireball is completely useless. Fire blast is semi-decent. Her only good ability is accelerant which has good CC and that’s it. You guys cannot sit here and tell me that this is fine any longer. Hell, I wouldn’t even care if WOF was range nerfed if the damage buff was Scalable. You have warframes that can hit near the millions with their abilities but emeber is hitting 4ks. Don’t make me laugh. She is a frame where you “have” to bring an overpowered weapon to do your damage. 

But back to her passive for now. You make a war frame that can control fire and have it coming off its body hurt by flames of the environment or an enemy? Really? It’s already bad enough that we barely get to even utilize that passive but you make it a one sided sword. Not even a double edged sword just a sword that goes straight for the heart. What were they thinking when they made this ability? That’s like aquaman drowning in water. It’s not going to happen but the devs of this game sure fooled me.

She needs a passive that allows her fire procs and status effects to stack over one another an X amount of times. The more stacks the more damage and strength her abilities gain. It’s like nidus’ stack mechanic but with fire. 

World on fire either needs to be taken out of her loadout or they need to to increase its damage since they want to nerf the range. In higher tier missions my WOF hits like 500 damage a tic. Cool bro, there are frames that can hit 100k-1mill damage with there abilities in the span of 5 seconds. There is no fairness or balance in this game at all. Almost forcing players to abandon a frame they enjoy just to keep up with others who milk the fotm frames dry. You have abilities like exalted blade from Excalibur. How are you ok with it doing as much damage as it does but nerf a frame that literally was already not that good in high tier to begin with? You only made a underperforming frame even worse. 

You devs are as bad as the ones from daybreak who work on DC universe online. 

Rant over.

Well I'll agree that ember, even when using accelerant, still really isn't a capable frame for sortie plus levels ability wise or survivability wise. She's still one of the best if not the best clearer for starmap level missions though, I still use her to practically walk through missions like before the rebalance. But because I feel like that's the complete opposite intentions of the latest rebalance, she still needs a good look at her kit.

Especially considering that fire as an ability can be as experimental as it can be straightforward while still being useable.

Edited by -Bv-Concarne

50 minutes ago, (XB1)IllRWBY RosellI said:

Are you new? Her WoF is really strong with 0 range. Fireball has a napalm effect. Accelerant synergizes with her other abilities and has a cc. Fireblast forces a fire proc when shooting through it. What is there to complain about? Her 4th isnt as good as it used to be? (That was DE's problem if so) 

You are moving around the point that her abilities lack damage for its power cost. She is the lowest hitting frame in the game. Please stop trying to find ways to continue defending the devs. 

Edited by (PS4)IB0unc3IifUHurt

43 minutes ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

Cycle 4. It's still a frame that can handle a lot of content. You can't just turn on 4 and leave it running non-stop anymore.

My friend that is not the issue I was trying to address. Again, I said I could care less about the range of WOF if they were willing to buff its damage to counterbalance it. Maybe a 200%-300% increase. I also mentioned this for high tier missions so I have zero complaints about the lower tier. My friends frames make me look like the little kid on the porch watching all the big kids play outside through the screen door. She needs a complete overhaul or buff it’s just that simple.

1 hour ago, (PS4)IB0unc3IifUHurt said:

She needs a passive that allows her fire procs and status effects to stack over one another an X amount of times. The more stacks the more damage and strength her abilities gain. It’s like nidus’ stack mechanic but with fire. 

You know, this is actually an excellent idea. What about replacing WoF with an ability with a set spherical range that inflicts a fire proc to every enemy inside once every X number of seconds? The fire proc will start really low damage, but damage scales every second by the number of fire procs currently in range. When there are no fire procs in range, the current damage degrades by about 1% per second or something. The idea would be to get an ability that scales well, but doesn't wipe the floor in low level missions.

Edited by Yuri_Doujinshi

4 minutes ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

You know, this is actually an excellent idea. What about replacing WoF with an ability with a set spherical range that inflicts a fire proc to every enemy inside once every X number of seconds? The fire proc will start really low damage, but damage scales every second by the number of fire procs currently in range. When there are no fire procs in range, the current damage degrades by about 1% per second or something. The idea would be to get an ability that scales well, but doesn't wipe the floor in low level missions.

Yeah the idea popped into my head when I watched how well my friend used his Nidus’ mechanics. I 100% for that if that was a road they eventually wanted to take down the line.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Then you're dong something wrong.  Because it's good damage in high tier.

Don’t be that person. Please just stop. You know good and well what you are trying to do. You are trying to come in here and make sure certain frames stay low so you can go around with a op frame dropping off high tier enemies. But what’s even more funny is that there are frames that can do the same as embers WOF but also be more efficient in the process. Example: Banshee press 4~ repeatedly and everyone dies. So does that mean she will get a nerf too? Doubt it.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

If I wanted to buff my weapon damage, I would bring a Rhino or a Chroma. They both have more survivability and better, more consistent buffs. Arguing that Ember is good because speccing for accelerant lets you deal more damage in high level missions is frankly silly, since it doesn't change the fact that the rest of her kit is still garbage.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)IB0unc3IifUHurt said:

Don’t be that person. Please just stop. You know good and well what you are trying to do. You are trying to come in here and make sure certain frames stay low so you can go around with a op frame dropping off high tier enemies. But what’s even more funny is that there are frames that can do the same as embers WOF but also be more efficient in the process. Example: Banshee press 4~ repeatedly and everyone dies. So does that mean she will get a nerf too? Doubt it.

Yes totally.  Me asking if you've tried something equals me not wanting ember to be buffed.  gud logic.  Was a legit question.  calm yourself.

2 minutes ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

If I wanted to buff my weapon damage, I would bring a Rhino or a Chroma. They both have more survivability and better, more consistent buffs. Arguing that Ember is good because speccing for accelerant lets you deal more damage in high level missions is frankly silly, since it doesn't change the fact that the rest of her kit is still garbage.

I'd like you to point out where in my 2 replies to this thread have I stated that ember was good because she can do good damage with her weapon on a proper build. You people just love to jump on people so quickly.  it's annoying.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Yes totally.  Me asking if you've tried something equals me not wanting ember to be buffed.  gud logic.  Was a legit question.  calm yourself.

I'd like you to point out where in my 2 replies to this thread have I stated that ember was good because she can do good damage with her weapon on a proper build. You people just love to jump on people so quickly.  it's annoying.

one of the reasons i consider ember threads these days to be click bait. djego has given proof without a shadow of doubt her viability and strength in high lvl. we just have to accept that inept people play warframe.

5 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

one of the reasons i consider ember threads these days to be click bait. djego has given proof without a shadow of doubt her viability and strength in high lvl. we just have to accept that inept people play warframe.

She needs a new kit period.

Just now, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Sure!

28 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Have you tried speccing for heat damage and then using her 2 heat buff abilities? she can actually do good damage.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

"Hey, if you use heat damage on your weapons and then press 2, your weapons do more damage!"

Basically just that. World on Fire doesn't do damage for S#&$ at sortie level, even with the Accelerant buffs, so you are clearly talking about speccing for heat damage on weapons for the damage bonus from Accelerant. While the buff certainly is nice, why should I bring a squishy frame for the sole purpose of increasing my weapon damage and CCing enemies when my normal weapons can kill sortie level enemies anyways? If I did need to buff my damage for some reason, I would just use Rhino or Chroma for the survivability; if I didn't need to buff my damage, I would use something that doesn't get one-shot like Ember does.

1 minute ago, (PS4)IB0unc3IifUHurt said:

I have viewed his video and in it he was doing most of his damage with his guns. She needs a new kit period.

so your saying... she does good damage but because its in guns (frankly anything that has heat damage) that she needs a rework? how about.... learn how to mod and play her? ember is a heat buffer and her damage powers do damage overtime all of her heat damage skills are incredibly boosted by accelerant and its augment and fire blast. people have a misconception about fireblast because they think you need to stand in the middle of it to get its fire damage boost which is incorrect. damage passing through the ring be it inside or out gets boosted.

2 minutes ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

Sure!

"Hey, if you use heat damage on your weapons and then press 2, your weapons do more damage!"

Basically just that. World on Fire doesn't do damage for S#&$ at sortie level, even with the Accelerant buffs, so you are clearly talking about speccing for heat damage on weapons for the damage bonus from Accelerant. While the buff certainly is nice, why should I bring a squishy frame for the sole purpose of increasing my weapon damage and CCing enemies when my normal weapons can kill sortie level enemies anyways? If I did need to buff my damage for some reason, I would just use Rhino or Chroma for the survivability; if I didn't need to buff my damage, I would use something that doesn't get one-shot like Ember does.

Exactly! They are trying so hard to find ways to make excuses to keep lower tier frames low tier. I even stated that you must have a op weapon with ember to make her useable but of course they do not read either. Wish everyone was as understanding.

vor 53 Minuten schrieb (PS4)IB0unc3IifUHurt:

You are moving around the point that her abilities lack damage for its power cost. She is the lowest hitting frame in the game. Please stop trying to find ways to continue defending the devs. 

The possibility to directly buff her abilities makes them among the stronger ones actually.

Did a little math in another post but the low cost and requitements essencially made 200% stength builds on max range possible before... that was 800 damage, setting 350% fire proccs on a 5x accelerant multiplier with a 70something% chance.. that's 18k damage per wof explosion, 7 explosions on start, appoximately 3,25 per second...

Her wof covered 50+m range doing a dps of 58k damage... her wof damage was doubled so you get similar numbers on fully defensive builds that simply don't cover range anymore. If that is or was weak to you then idk what you consider strong.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Just now, (PS4)IB0unc3IifUHurt said:

Exactly! They are trying so hard to find ways to make excuses to keep lower tier frames low tier. I even stated that you must have a op weapon with ember to make her useable but of course they do not read either. Wish everyone was as understanding.

Yep. When your frame's ability to scale depends on how well your weapons scale, I'd argue that's not much scaling at all. Ember is nothing more than a squishy buffer with some good CC.

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

so your saying... she does good damage but because its in guns (frankly anything that has heat damage) that she needs a rework? how about.... learn how to mod and play her? ember is a heat buffer and her damage powers do damage overtime all of her heat damage skills are incredibly boosted by accelerant and its augment and fire blast. people have a misconception about fireblast because they think you need to stand in the middle of it to get its fire damage boost which is incorrect. damage passing through the ring be it inside or out gets boosted.

You misunderstood me.  Heat damage is already the weakest element in the game when fighting heavy armor enemies. What my whole argument was about was her damage in high tier is extremely lackluster. Please stop trying to defend this ongoing thought that all warframes are created equality because they are not. Also here is video in regards to her rework. Stop defending the devs.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

The possibility to directly buff her abilities makes them among the stronger ones actually.

Did a little math in another post but the low cost and requitements essencially made 200% stength builds on max range possible before... that was 800 damage, setting 350% fire proccs on a 5x accelerant multiplier with a 70something% chance.. that's 18k damage per wof explosion, 7 explosions on start, appoximately 3,25 per second...

Her wof covered 50+m range doing a dps of 58k damage... her wof damage was doubled so you get similar numbers on fully defensive builds that simply don't cover range anymore. If that is or was weak to you then idk what you consider strong.

Exalted blade.