[DE]Rebecca

Live Now: Automated Account Email Changes!

On 2018-06-06 at 9:16 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

I would love Warframe Nexus App to have some kind of Authenticator system to further secure our accounts. :<

After 4 years in the game I'm forced to now ask this...Warframe Nexus App?

(Never mind I google-fued and now I know why I never heard of it, I use a Windows Phone.)

Edited by LadyHarper

Posted (edited)

That's awesome! But it also means that an account hijacker can take it over in full if they have your email or 2FA too. And that people may be more emboldened to sell their accounts later on. But hey, features is features, those are issues for CS to deal with 1-3 weeks at a time! 😄

All that aside, this is extremely useful. I've had two different email addresses from ISPs that don't exist anymore. Kudos to the team for adding this, it is a really useful feature, despite the risks. 

Edited by LegendaryNeurotoxin
Not bein' a $&*^ about a good feature.

On 2019-08-22 at 11:55 PM, LegendaryNeurotoxin said:

That's awesome! But it also means that an account hijacker can take it over in full if they have your email or 2FA too. 😄

If this happens and suspiscious activity is detected, your account is suspended, the problem here is that if the account is 2FA, the account is suspended for good.

The idea (this is not explained) is so that support has an easier time dealing with this by making sure they won't investigate (this costs time), they simply check if you have 2FA and will keep the automated suspension if so.

At that point you either sold the account or were to careless with several credentials and the penalty for that in warframe is the account suspension, since it can't be relied on you to keep it safe, since accounts cannot be shared and only have 1 unique player to use it, support will not change anything, the automatic suspension was done correctly and you are unable to appeal for an unban.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1