Make Zephyr fast again

I logged in today and found something a bit disappointing. What I thought was a small but meaningful buff was actually a bug that had been reversed in the latest patch.

In the most recent patch (Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.8) Zephyr had a bug fixed which had been present in the last patch. The bug was that Zephyr's 3rd and 4th abilities' casting animations did not interrupt movement, sprinting, firing, or reloading. I understand that, for gameplay and balance reasons, having Zephyr stop in place while casting Turbulence and Tornadoes may have been a necessary implementation to give her a moment of vulnerability when using those abilities. However, being able to cast Turbulence while sprinting and reloading felt great. It made Zephyr feel fast, agile, and dynamic. I feel like, though unintentional, having her mobility unrestricted suited her well. I've been a Zephyr player for a long time, and had grown accustomed to aim-gliding while casting these abilities anyway, in order to mitigate that brief moment of vulnerability. Aim-gliding while casting seemed like an odd workaround, and it didn't suit the animations either. When I discovered that I could now cast them while in motion on the ground, it felt genuinely intended, as if someone at DE had also been aim-gliding every time they cast Turbulence, and had thought "hey, why do I have to do that?". 

Although I have a huge list of things that I would love to see with Zephyr, as she is my favorite frame, I feel reasonable in asking for this change because it is small and sensible, and it was already in the game. I'd like to ask DE to implement it again. Maybe have it tweaked so that it still interrupts firing and reloading, as that would make more sense.

7 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

My Zephyr is still casting wile moving, what exactly are you complaining about?

That's odd. I can't walk and cast at the same time, I don't know why you would be able to and I can't. Are you on PC?

4 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Yes im on PC.

By 'casting while moving' do you mean 'while running or walking' or just 'while in the air and moving'?

The bug he's referring to is one that made Turbulence and Tornado 'two handed' casts that didn't interrupt base walk/run/jump commands, not that he suddenly gets completely locked in place while in mid-air or similar.

I'm a little upset with it myself, because the 'two-handed' Turbulence cast is something that I've been asking for as a buff, so I thought we'd been listened to... but it turns out to be a bug...

2 hours ago, Thaylien said:

thought we'd been listened to..

Lol in your dreams.

This isn't like when Nyx Assimilate got the bug that prevented teammates from draining your energy instantly.

Nobody actually cares about Zephyr. But it was pretty awesome to cast turbulence while moving.

1 hour ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Nobody actually cares about Zephyr. But it was pretty awesome to cast turbulence while moving.

I care, i Main her since Update 12 when she came out and shes been my Go frame for every mission type.

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I care, i Main her since Update 12 when she came out and shes been my Go frame for every mission type.

Out of all the threads, posts and tags I've made you choose to respond to this one?

What I meant which I'm certain you already are aware of is that DE caves in to the loudest voice. (Notice how Console UI changes got an immediate response after implementation with a patch.) 

The community as a whole doesn't care about Zephyr. They're praising her now for features she's had prior to her rework (fast plains travel) and a niche augment.

There aren't enough tears to go around to have DE play attention to turbulence, which is why I used the Nyx example which boasted lots of community outage for the "fix" of her bug.

Edited by (PS4)RenovaKunumaru
Grammar
1 hour ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

"I thought -insert obvious bug/gamebreaking mechanic- was a feature. Please unfix -insert frame-"

I swear to god, the people in here...

'I thought bug mechanic, that has been asked about for literally four years and three months, was the DEvs finally responding to the feedback on the topic, not a bug, please turn it back on, because we've been asking for it for so long. Dozens of other frames have stronger casts that they can cast while mobile...'

Yeah, the people in here... of course it's not like I was here going through over 600 Zephyr threads (I counted, it was a long year) in 2017 alone on the topic of Zephyr reworks and advocating a mobile cast of Turbulence wherever that subject popped up, along with actually better-than-the-changes-we-now-have ideas for all her abilities, endorsing players that gave better ideas than me, and debating the pros and cons of suggestions in group discussions for hours at a time...

Oh... wait... I was.

So yeah, the people in here, right? No idea what they're asking for?

Of course, that would be silly.

Pre-rework, she could cast Dive Bomb, Turbulence and Tornado during the dash component of Tail Wind (or at least for the majority of the dash). She could also shoot up until the end of the dash (which then cancelled firing/charged shots). The new animation prevents all other actions (casting/shooting/jumping etc.) for the entire duration.

She could also launch straight off of the ground without having to stand still and charge it up for 2 seconds. Now the only option is to look straight down (the angle needed is very steep) or straight up, and use the dash, or use bullet jump instead (which is slower and weaker than Tail Wind's dash/launch). Unfortunately, after using the dash upwards, using aim glide or jump causes Zephyr to rise even further - incredibly quickly - often hitting the skybox/out of bounds (depending on the tileset), whereas with the ground launch, aim glide stopped the ascent, and jump functioned normally.

I'll continue hoping for more changes, but at this point I don't even know if it's worth thinking about. So much was lost in the rework (at least for the playstyle I had) that I've been unable to play Zephyr since. Don't get me wrong, the changes to Tornado are great, and Turbulence was practically untouched (it was and still is a very good defensive power), but Tail Wind became so rigid, I just can't bear to use it now. She is (or at least, was) one of my most used frames, too.

10 minutes ago, Prof_Blocks_007 said:

Pre-rework, she could cast Dive Bomb, Turbulence and Tornado during the dash component of Tail Wind (or at least for the majority of the dash). She could also shoot up until the end of the dash (which then cancelled firing/charged shots). The new animation prevents all other actions (casting/shooting/jumping etc.) for the entire duration.

She could also launch straight off of the ground without having to stand still and charge it up for 2 seconds. Now the only option is to look straight down (the angle needed is very steep) or straight up, and use the dash, or use bullet jump instead (which is slower and weaker than Tail Wind's dash/launch). Unfortunately, after using the dash upwards, using aim glide or jump causes Zephyr to rise even further - incredibly quickly - often hitting the skybox/out of bounds (depending on the tileset), whereas with the ground launch, aim glide stopped the ascent, and jump functioned normally.

I'll continue hoping for more changes, but at this point I don't even know if it's worth thinking about. So much was lost in the rework (at least for the playstyle I had) that I've been unable to play Zephyr since. Don't get me wrong, the changes to Tornado are great, and Turbulence was practically untouched (it was and still is a very good defensive power), but Tail Wind became so rigid, I just can't bear to use it now. She is (or at least, was) one of my most used frames, too.

I feel the same way. I noticed I couldn't shoot anymore while in Tailwind and was just like "of course not".

Why can't DE just read their feedback threads ffs.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (PS4)RenovaKunumaru:

There aren't enough tears to go around to have DE play attention to turbulence, which is why I used the Nyx example which boasted lots of community outage for the "fix" of her bug.

I mean they fixed it so it definitly got attention.

Ignoring the unwarranted passive-aggressive / inflammatory remarks aside, I'd love to see this reverted!

I assumed it was part of her recent tweaks earlier this year but sadly to find out it wasn't part of it. It flowed fantastically with the rest of her overall movements but now that it breaks her animations again....meh. I really hope they reconsider it at least, because it really was one of the bigger feedback requested for years via to make her abilities flow more together with her aerial movements (the whole point of her design philosophy), and honestly it's something that should at least be addressed, all considering.

But anyway, for sure, I really hope they revert this! Or at least have some kind of way to at least apply to Turbulence, removing the awkward "stand-in-mid-air" animation that has been destrupting her overall gameplay for literal years.

3 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

I mean they fixed it so it definitly got attention.

Yeah, that was the point of his comment; Nyx = Popular, people cried about it so much it got fixed, meanwhile Zephyr = Not. There are not enough people that care about Zephyr to really get the fixes that she needs.

6 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

I feel the same way. I noticed I couldn't shoot anymore while in Tailwind and was just like "of course not".

Why can't DE just read their feedback threads ffs.

Because they were archived. No point going back that far after all.

Guess I should've keep the thread going for another year. But I've done feedback even beyond that thread and even in the official feedback threads. 

Whatever person/s Scott said he had reading through the t threads to give him the feedback loop didn't do their job, at all.