Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Virtual Cursor Action Plan

[DE]Danielle

I'm sorry, but we need the old UI functionality back. The over reliance on the cursor with this update is just terrible. With the hotfix, yes the shortcuts in Arsenal did go back, but weapons, armor sets, syandanas, and even animation sets cannot be removed/unequipped. Plus, there's a nasty bug when trying to select stuff in the inventory. When I try to sell junk I can't select how many of each item I want to sell, UI just throws them all into the pile.

I appreciate the re-addition of shortcut keys, they make navigation much less frustrating. However, with that being said, this new UI is still frustrating to use and personally, it messes with my muscle memory A LOT.

Here are some additional fixes that I hope can be implemented if they are not already planned out:

-Remove the separation between "preview" and "select" and revert it back to having items automatically previewed on hover instead of having to press square. (I know it's been mentioned in Danielle's original post, but the way it's worded sounds like an addition, not a revert). 

-Revert rotation being R2 back to right analog stick 

-Allow d-pad/cursor to autoscroll through menus instead of being forced to use the right stick to scroll. 

I also wish that I could ask to have the option of switching back to the old UI because, to be blunt, I hate this one. (The cursor only works for PC and should've stayed there..) but I know that that is already impossible, which is extremely unfortunate.. But I hope that I can be satisfied with upcoming improvements, because I really do not want something so small and trivial to make or break this game for me. I love Warframe, and you all at DE too much to abandon this game.. 

Edited by (PS4)Mr-TRAPxx
  • Like 3

I don't if this is the place to list bugs that happen when trying to play with Mouse and Keyboard now, But when I use "T" to open chat none of the key with bring up the text box to type to chat. 

Also I am wonder if an ability to rebind Keyboard controls is in the game or if it will be add if it isnt in the game. 

Not enough.

Seriously, just make this optional. An option somewhere that allows the player to turn off the virtual cursor.... which should never be the only option when using a controller. While I noticed a couple of the fixes when i just hopped on, there are still huge concerns. Navigating between loadouts is nowhere near as fast, and we can't preview our loadouts, we have to individually select them and wait for them to load to see what is in the loadout. For some players, this might not be an issue. Me... I'm MR25, and I've purchased every single additional loadout slot I could.

I use them all.

Not only do I have that many, but the weapons and frames constantly shift between them. With how we could previously hop from loadout slot #1 to the last, I put the loadouts I use the least in the very middle. It's all a huge mess, and not one I feel like dealing with.

9 hours ago, (PS4)zyriaxione said:

Thanks! This is a great start.

I'm loving playing the game with a keyboard and mouse. Now if only someone could tell me the keyboard equivalent to square and triangle for selecting whether or not to continue a defense mission! Also, how to use gear with the KB/M. I can pull the gear up with Q but can't select anything.

Unfortunatly as of testing now the gear wheel still needs the controller to work, with defence mission "Y" is for Triangle, but you still need to press square on the controller to leave.  It should be "X" this is the same issue when u go into the syndicates screen you can enter the console, select the syndicate but to see the offerings u still need the controller

Many thanks for the fixes! That said, I must vent my biggest complaint with the new UI...

Having spent years aiming with the Right Stick, needing to use the Left Stick to move the new cursor feels really counter-intuitive!

Would it be possible to implement a control option to reconfigure Left Stick/Right Stick (and maybe even D-Pad) Virtual Cursor functionality?

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Ishimura_Elite said:

I see all these people saying oh, everything is okay now since DE rolled out a few "fixes". It's nowhere near enough. I'm still saying that enough will be when they remove the cursor entirely.

Agreed. This new Ui is a joke. We had a great and fast one before they did this crap. And yes, it is possible to go backwards, it will mean more work for DE to recode our old UI, but it would still be better than this sluggish cursor garbage.

• Like 2

PS4's NA region chat is still just 95% *@##$ing about the cursor. The other 5% being people asking how to unequip items.

But to DE, I must say, even as someone who doesn't particularly mind the new cursor, I would absolutely much, much prefer not having it because once you've played this game for a while, everything just feel really natural, and I don't find the cursor as intuitive as just the plain old click-and-scroll system. I think giving people an option would be the best idea, but I know you guys have a "vision". Whatever it is though, I'm not seeing it.

As someone who played Destiny 1 and No Man's Sky, cursors on console are just slow and awkward, and will ultimately just turn a lot of people off in the long run. But hey, you gave it the old "college try" and attempted something different. No one can fault you for that, but I think your efforts would be better spent improving the experience in other areas.

Thanks for listening to your loyal faithful pc/console players! Yes, we are waiting for the PERMANENT REMOVAL OF THE VIRTUAL CURSOR. This is a positive start. Let's wait and see if the full reversal to the Original console/pc settings are being re-instated or not.....

Edited by (XB1)Rational King
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, (PS4)zyriaxione said:

Thanks! This is a great start.

I'm loving playing the game with a keyboard and mouse. Now if only someone could tell me the keyboard equivalent to square and triangle for selecting whether or not to continue a defense mission! Also, how to use gear with the KB/M. I can pull the gear up with Q but can't select anything.

That's all mouse. The defense extract/continue buttons are literally buttons to click on. On PC the buttons are there, if it hot swaps to a gamepad thinking that's your main it'll show button prompts instead (and no clickable buttons) I'm not sure if the button prompts are just stuck on on PS4 or what. As for the gear wheel, that also is all mouse you should be able to just click anything on either side if it's working right

This was a good start but a couple other things, if you could get the d-pad to interact with chat how it did before I can move the yellow highlight with the d-pad but unless the cursor is over the tiny options I can't actually select them. Also the alerts, invasions, syndicate mission etc menu once opened can't be interacted with with the d-pad like before that would be great. One last thing (there's probably more I can't think of rn) in the arsenal it is really slow to navigate using the d-pad because it still has to slowly move the virtual cursor and it can't scroll through the arsenal (I think you might have mentioned this already l can't remember). Thanks

Edit: oh and one important feature when modding a weapon or frame etc in the arsenal if you are hovering over currently equipped mods or an empty space for equipped mods pressing RB LB should change the Config A B C and only if hovering over the unequipped mods should it cycle the mod filters (aura, augment, exilus etc) currently it only filters the mods I have to click on Config with the cursor to actually change it.

Edit 2: also selecting things it would be nice if hovering over something would preview it and the clicking it would equip it in 1 click instead of 1 click to hover and 2 clicks to select. Also if possible maybe remove the cursor when using a chat as the chat works well without it the cursor makes it much harder to use.

Edited by (XB1)vCootz
Forgot a major point