Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Virtual Cursor Action Plan

[DE]Danielle

now that Limbo P. is out for consoles this cursor Problem has really shown its Ugly head.

since we're scrambling to recruit people to run missions or farming relics etc etc.. we are mostly sending people invites or pm as fast as we can before they invite someone else. but here comes the problem, sometimes X button doesn't work you can put the cursor on their name but when you hit it to pm them nothing works. your invite them that small window with all the options? you can click everything in there and nothing works. restarted the game and now its working again, but after you pm someone and try to close the window it doesn't work. you go along with it finish the mission and you get to the last part were you chose which prime parts you want, I clicked the 4th option but it doesn't work. I spammed X so i can get that last option (prime part) but nothing. i ended up getting my own drop not the 4th guys drop. not only did this cursor update SLOWWWED everything down its such an irritating experience.

Edited by (PS4)jedion

4 hours ago, (PS4)jedion said:

now that Limbo P. is out for consoles this cursor Problem has really shown its Ugly head.

since we're scrambling to recruit people to run missions or farming relics etc etc.. we are mostly sending people invites or pm as fast as we can before they invite someone else. but here comes the problem, sometimes X button doesn't work you can put the cursor on their name but when you hit it to pm them nothing works. your invite them that small window with all the options? you can click everything in there and nothing works. restarted the game and now its working again, but after you pm someone and try to close the window it doesn't work. you go along with it finish the mission and you get to the last part were you chose which prime parts you want, I clicked the 4th option but it doesn't work. I spammed X so i can get that last option (prime part) but nothing. i ended up getting my own drop not the 4th guys drop. not only did this cursor update SLOWWWED everything down its such an irritating experience.

that all you said bro is our SACRIFICE QUEST, DE knows all the issues and I guess we all are going to have to either leave or SACRIFICE our time and keep supporting them

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cynoza said:

I know this is irrelevant to the UI changes being discussed here but I have a question that I have been itching to ask.When will the option to transfer over account bound loot from one account to another be available? I recently got Warframe for PC since I moved over from the PS4 and I am loving this game all over again, but I'm kinda bummed out that my friends and hard earned[and paid I'll admit] progress is all but unreachable.This website itself and the DE account system is already a platform that user's in-game data can be linked to.Is such a change even on DE's to-do list, I really want to know.

Kind of think your question will get lost in this thread (since it's not about the thread's topic).

You may be better off creating your own post, to make sure that your question is better seen (and able to be responded to).

Just a suggestion. 🙂

Best, xari.

Sigh.. bugs after bugs.. No hotfixes since adding shortcut buttons.

Can't select all the fish in cetus so that annoying lady keeps saying the same thing over and over while you select all your fish...

New bugs discovered 

annoying thing in general. Pressing up on the d pad no longer brings you to squad management in main menu. Have to select it with the cursor...

No updates. This is just annoying. I wish they would at least acknowledge that this is horrible thing to have on console overall. 

Please for the love of god at least but the select all fish button back. I can't bear to hear "this on will feed the whoooole family .. and their cousins too!" 55 times.

So, it's two weeks since the initial hotfixes - how are the improvements and the action plan progressing, DE? 

D-pad functionality is still only partially implemented on some screens, d-pad scrolling isn't a thing yet, chat links are unreliable, the cursor still misses items in menus or flies off the menu altogether... most of the issues listed in this thread, the xbox/ps4 feedback megathread and the accessability thread are still present.

Can you let us know what's happening please?

4 minutes ago, (XB1)DS Monkfish said:

So, it's two weeks since the initial hotfixes - how are the improvements and the action plan progressing, DE? 

D-pad functionality is still only partially implemented on some screens, d-pad scrolling isn't a thing yet, chat links are unreliable, the cursor still misses items in menus or flies off the menu altogether... most of the issues listed in this thread, the xbox/ps4 feedback megathread and the accessability thread are still present.

Can you let us know what's happening please?

DE has gone dark on this forum as well as the mega thread they started. Asking them when they are going to fix anything is useless since they are avoiding this forum like we are plague victims. I can almost guarantee you there won't be an update or fix for this until after tennocon. They say they are planning on releasing the sacrifice to console before tennocon so that will be their focus. They will ignore how horrible this interface is until after then. My only hope is they actually listen to us console players at some point but their current actions say otherwise.

Heck, there are almost 90 pages between the mega thread and the action plan with no response since they released the initial hotfix.

24 minutes ago, (XB1)ManicZanic said:

DE has gone dark on this forum as well as the mega thread they started. Asking them when they are going to fix anything is useless since they are avoiding this forum like we are plague victims. I can almost guarantee you there won't be an update or fix for this until after tennocon. They say they are planning on releasing the sacrifice to console before tennocon so that will be their focus. They will ignore how horrible this interface is until after then. My only hope is they actually listen to us console players at some point but their current actions say otherwise.

Heck, there are almost 90 pages between the mega thread and the action plan with no response since they released the initial hotfix.

I was just thinking the same, they are probably focusing on sacrifice. Heck, I would prefer that they delay the sacrifice to work on reverting/SERIOUSLY overhauling the UI.

There are a couple major issues that are causing a lot of grief. 

If you have the chat box open, and are reading chat to talk to a clan mate, or trade, and you get sent an invite to join a squad ,you cannot join as long as the chat window is open.  The pop up box showing you were invited appears, says press square to accept.  Well, you press square and the chat window minimizes, and you cannot accept the invite.  The only option is to decline the invite, chat very quickly to resend the invite, and minimize the chat window and wait for the invite to get re sent.  This is very frustrating to get squads together, and can cause trades to get lost, or overly aggro.  This happens every time, and can be easily replicated.

Another big issue I have encountered a few times, and I cannot tell what triggers it, is sometimes when leaving the star chart, and going back to the orbiter, the cursor stays on the screen.  No menus are open, nothing to select, and the operator/warframe cannot be moved.  All you get is a cursor moving all over the screen with nothing to do.  At times I have had to re log to get it corrected, other times I have waited it out, and after 5 minutes or so it figures out that it is out of whack and I can move the warframe around the orbiter again.  Does not happen all the time, and I do not know how exactly to reproduce the bug.

Wanted to pop on here to say that in one of the streams, they mentioned that they are aware of these issues, but the fixes can’t be done with just a hotfix. I’ll have to search the stream (though it was a recent one) to find it, but it sounds like we may get some fixes whenever we get the Sacrifice.

В 22.06.2018 в 03:47, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic сказал:

Wanted to pop on here to say that in one of the streams, they mentioned that they are aware of these issues, but the fixes can’t be done with just a hotfix. I’ll have to search the stream (though it was a recent one) to find it, but it sounds like we may get some fixes whenever we get the Sacrifice.

Or, with Sacrifice, some of this bugs magically disappears 🙂 and we can get new. (I worked with developers, I know it can be like that).

25 minutes ago, (PS4)PixelHunter9000 said:

Or, with Sacrifice, some of this bugs magically disappears 🙂 and we can get new. (I worked with developers, I know it can be like that).

Uhm, ok.

[DE]Danielle literally said that they’re putting fixes in with the Sacrifice update from the last PS4 @4 stream. I don’t know why you quoted me saying that lol.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)IRaQiFiRE said:

when did she said that?

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/275162602

Phone is being a pain, but I believe around the 17 mark she says they’re aware of the D-PAD and everything else, and it’s something that requires them to go deeper into code, and have to be dealt with the next cert.

I’d assume that’d be the Sacrifice, but maybe not.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic said:

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/275162602

Phone is being a pain, but I believe around the 17 mark she says they’re aware of the D-PAD and everything else, and it’s something that requires them to go deeper into code, and have to be dealt with the next cert.

I’d assume that’d be the Sacrifice, but maybe not.

Im really happy to hear that tho..... i hope they will fix it because this game isn't playable anymore with all bugs/glitchs and OFC the "Cursor".

Thanks!

Let's just be honest, the first thing that should have been on your priority list, if just from raw requests, was the removal of the cursor, or at least an option to not use it.  It isn't that good for console use, it's broken, and this is still true 20 days after the original post went live.  One of the ways I've experienced is that equipping mods requires exiting the mod menu after ever mod is equipped, making fast swaps for the next mission impossible.  We all love the game and want it to be the best possible, and very few of us don't like the cursor just because it's change.  However, there comes a time when an idea must be allowed to fail, despite desires for it to succeed.  I understand that this was to help updates come out at the same time for consoles and PC'S in the future, but that goal is destroyed if people no longer want to play on consoles, no?  I want to make it clear, this is meant respectfully and isn't an attack.  I love WF and certainly want it to work.  I'm super excited for Umbra stuff, but until this UI system is fixed I probably won't play.

this UI update feels like a Early alpha UI.... which breaks at random and is highly inefficient compaired even to a Beta...

let me list the issues i have encountered..

Cursor Dissappears entirely (required restart of the game)

Cursor refused to dissappear (video of this above, can be fixed by going to your arsenal using pause menu)

Cursor refuses to select items in chat, clicking has no effect.

Cursor refuses to highlight names in chat, or highlight interaction options (such as inviting or kicking from chat)

Using Cursor to open a chat link breaks chat links, requring the chat window to be closed and reopened to select another link.

Cursor will not select presets in Arsenal, clicking on a Frame or weapon Config button simply makes the cursor jump above it, requiring use of the D-pad to maneuver the cursor over a config button for it to work.

Cursor breaks the RB LB hotkey function to scroll mods at the bottom, or quickly switch presets at the top.. the game will get stuck on one or the other and there is no way to get the hot keys to switch when it occurs.

Cursor does not appear during loading screens at all, preventing many uses in the chat window.

Having the left stick tilted when Fissure reward selection screen appears causes the constant movement of the original selection box which is made to appear, causing visual confusion with the cursor which can still be used to select desired reward.

using the right stick while in navigation causes the map to wildly zoom in and out, making selection impossible as there is no controls to scroll up down left right etc.... it becomes necessary to back out to the planet selection.

there are more i cannot recall i am sure..

there are more issues in just terrible design..

first off, you cannot use the mouse to select certain things or preform certain actions.

You cannot click on the text field of chat to open it or type into it, Pushing square on PS4 is still required and the clunky virtual keyboard still gets pulled up (entirely not needed to begin with and extremely annoying)

Spawning enemies or changing settings in the simulacrum has no GUI buttons the mouse can select, only the hotkeys function. this is annoying when using an actual mouse and keyboard on PS4.

Again as i have mentioned in other topics... PS4 has native Mouse and Keyboard support, meaning the game can be played fully with them. however despite this there is no actual support on DEs side, you cannot change keybindings.

yea it needs some work

7 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

this UI update feels like a Early alpha UI.... which breaks at random and is highly inefficient compaired even to a Beta...

let me list the issues i have encountered..

Cursor Dissappears entirely (required restart of the game)

Cursor refused to dissappear (video of this above, can be fixed by going to your arsenal using pause menu)

Cursor refuses to select items in chat, clicking has no effect.

Cursor refuses to highlight names in chat, or highlight interaction options (such as inviting or kicking from chat)

Using Cursor to open a chat link breaks chat links, requring the chat window to be closed and reopened to select another link.

Cursor will not select presets in Arsenal, clicking on a Frame or weapon Config button simply makes the cursor jump above it, requiring use of the D-pad to maneuver the cursor over a config button for it to work.

Cursor breaks the RB LB hotkey function to scroll mods at the bottom, or quickly switch presets at the top.. the game will get stuck on one or the other and there is no way to get the hot keys to switch when it occurs.

Cursor does not appear during loading screens at all, preventing many uses in the chat window.

Having the left stick tilted when Fissure reward selection screen appears causes the constant movement of the original selection box which is made to appear, causing visual confusion with the cursor which can still be used to select desired reward.

using the right stick while in navigation causes the map to wildly zoom in and out, making selection impossible as there is no controls to scroll up down left right etc.... it becomes necessary to back out to the planet selection.

there are more i cannot recall i am sure..

there are more issues in just terrible design..

first off, you cannot use the mouse to select certain things or preform certain actions.

You cannot click on the text field of chat to open it or type into it, Pushing square on PS4 is still required and the clunky virtual keyboard still gets pulled up (entirely not needed to begin with and extremely annoying)

Spawning enemies or changing settings in the simulacrum has no GUI buttons the mouse can select, only the hotkeys function. this is annoying when using an actual mouse and keyboard on PS4.

Again as i have mentioned in other topics... PS4 has native Mouse and Keyboard support, meaning the game can be played fully with them. however despite this there is no actual support on DEs side, you cannot change keybindings.

yea it needs some work 

This UI is so bad on console it has caused several of my friends to give up on the game. Heck, Im at the point I can't deal with it anymore as there are just way to many game breaking bugs that require a full restart of the game. The cursor is annoying even after adding back in hotkeys and the interface is so unresponsive you don't know if it registered your input or is just lagging trying to deal with the request.

The lack of response from DE, tennocon or not, is troubling. All I've been able to get from Steve on Twitter is the typical Bungie response of "We're listening and working on answer's" but no details to what they've listed to, are working on or when we can expect fixes.

The new UI is in an alpha state at best and needs atleast another 6 months to a year of Dev time before it should have been released. It seems all they are doing anymore is rushing out broken updates just to say they've added content.

Edited by (XB1)MuderFace1

Forgive me if this isn't the place.  I typed "chat AND controller" in the search and this appeared the most relevant.

I want to be able to chat on PC again.  I have been a 360 controller user since it became an option.  I used to be able to press T and type away.  Now the focus is repeatedly taken away with some sort of X button prompt.  Key presses are ignored and I have to press the T key again.  I can't reply to anything in a timely fashion let alone in the middle of action.  I tried to type "I suppose." last night and only "upp" appeared.  This is honestly infuriating.

• Like 1