Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Virtual Cursor Action Plan

[DE]Danielle

1 hour ago, (PS4)Johnzx07 said:

Are you guys planning on fixing this bug with the PS4 PRO. When I go to Options > Display > GPU particles > Ludicrous, this keep resetting to medium. When are you guys planning to fix this? Also I do save the settings with triangle but it resets again to medium.

same problem here but Im trying to disable the particles and it keeps going back to medium

30 minutes ago, (PS4)doctor_em-15 said:

As you can see, once the cursor reaches “view mission progress”, pressing up on dpad causes the cursor to move to the closest thing directly upwards, which is communication, completely bypassing options.

On the radar for sure! We have it in our "known issues" list in our feedback thread. Thanks!

1 hour ago, (PS4)Johnzx07 said:

Are you guys planning on fixing this bug with the PS4 PRO. When I go to Options > Display > GPU particles > Ludicrous, this keep resetting to medium. When are you guys planning to fix this? Also I do save the settings with triangle but it resets again to medium.

Absolutely!

No matter what changes you plan on making to this "new", highly un-innovative console UI at the very least give us the option to use the old UI instead. Better yet, make the new UI just an option for those that want it as quite a few console players arelikely to be scared away from the game with how complicated you have made the navigation. It was working fine. There really was no need to fix it 'til it broke.

• Like 4

I've just login into WF to check the fix.

-I still need to scroll every inventory with the right stick and select stuff with the cursor. Awfull.
Please at least separate the dpad from the cursor so the dpad can select and scroll like it used to.

-R2 to rotate my frame es a stepback from having free movement with the right stick. Same with the need to press square to preview stuff.

-Not every section of the arsenal works the same. You have the R2 rotation and square for preview in some menues, and nothing in others. This gives you a sensation similar to play two different games with different UIs.

Overall, the fix does improve a little the new UI, but still is a BIG stepback from the old UI.

I really really want to make a positive, contructive feedback. But I can't. I still hate this whole cursor thing.

The most honest feedback I can give you guys is: give us back the old UI.
I cannot enjoy Warframe like this.

Just please please give us an option to just turn off the cursor and use old menus. and only for the non-navigation menus. it fits for the navigation screen and nothing else. slows down the game when im just trying to menu as quick as possible to get into another mission and is unnecessarily infuriating. it sticks to pointless places, doesnt want to listen to the d-pad, just leave it alone unless you plan on buying me a mouse and keyboard to play on my console. oh wait even on the pc warframe i used a controller back in the day. i hate going back to my ship because i know how aggravating its going to be just to do simple things. even seeing the cursor onscreen during defense missions asking whether to battle or extract automatically makes me angry. Even inviting people to a squad is unnecessarily roundabout. What's next, are we going to aim guns ingame with a cursor instead of a traditional reticule? 

Edited by (PS4)NejiNaji
  • Like 3

I'm not the only one that has a huge crush on Danielle, am I? Just throwing that out there.

Anyway, good to see that a way has been found forward to help achieve the goals of both the community and the devteam.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:

The majority at least. Just have it as an option.

Do you all realize that asking them to have two fully functional UIs and movement systems that can cross one another because so many refuse to be constructive and work to adjust to the future of the game is extremely insane? That is a ridiculous amount of work. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Informality1993 said:

Do you all realize that asking them to have two fully functional UIs and movement systems that can cross one another because so many refuse to be constructive and work to adjust to the future of the game is extremely insane? That is a ridiculous amount of work. 

In that case there's only one plausible solution; remove the new UI completely and revert to the old. This is major step backwards.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:

The majority at least. Just have it as an option.

Till the UI overhaul, this can do need some polishinees , but from extremely bad, to be able to do some things like before is a great advance... 

Just wait now for the soon, not be to long for the overhaul...

And keep the torchs close by... just in case... just in case...

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Qeythos said:

In that case there's only one plausible solution; remove the new UI completely and revert to the old. This is major step backwards.

It is not a step backwards. Take some time, play with it, and adjust. It's actually very progressive and opens up more options for us.

Just now, (PS4)Informality1993 said:

It is not a step backwards. Take some time, play with it, and adjust. It's actually very progressive and opens up more options for us.

Already did with No Man's Sky and Destiny. Didn't like how it worked in either one

Thank you so much for this hotfix. By just tweaking those few things made all the difference in the world. I won't state the changes l would like to see that have been addressed, but I do need to point out we still have Blind Loadouts. By this I mean we cannot see the equipment that is in our loadouts and it is definitely making it a task. I purchased extra slots so I could save time switching between a loadout rather than equipping and un-equipping constantly. Having 22 slots is definitely proving to be a challenge if I can't see a preview of that loadout. Other than that though you guys are amazing for responding so quickly when most other companies would have just said "Tough crap, this is our new direction. Deal with it" 

Why are you guys trying to force this bad idea cursor thing on console without the option for us that hate it to use old method that worked just fine now I turn game off cuz I don't feel like going dealing with cursor in menus so I turn other games on that the menu isn't as much of a pain as this one is now

• Like 2