[DE]Danielle

Dev Workshop: Virtual Cursor Action Plan

I think, old scheme was 100% intuitive and usable for console players.

The only way to add cursor in, is to bind it to left stick movement, (on PS you can bind it to sensitive panel too) it can be helpful to select a distant tab if you to lazy to press bumper few times 🙂 But by default should work old scheme.

In all games I played, camera operates with right stick, and rotation too. If you cannot scroll large lists, but you can select items in it within a screen - its a unintuitive solution. I face it now everytime, when I try to choose warframe or weapon in arsenal with D-Pad like I did it before. Now I must use right stick too (Same with Foundry and many other places with large lists with items).

Edited by (PS4)PixelHunter9000
some changes
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, (PS4)azul86sapphire said:

Thank you. You have proven once more to be a developer team worthy of acknowledgement. You are a team that listens to your communuty, and I, for one, am greatly appreciative of it.

I am thankful for it as well...!!!

Please add some way to adjust the curve of stick sensitivity instead of overall gain.

Right now, it's impossible to set a mouse speed setting that allows acceptable speed over long distances while allowing it to be possible to accurately hit anything in the UI.

Perhaps look at the old starchart mechanics - this was the only place in the UI where there already was a heavily used "mouse-like" paradigm, and before this update, the starchart worked well.  Moving the cursor wasn't too slow, but overshoots when selecting something were also not a problem.

Now, with any cursor speed setting, moving the cursor in the starchart is WAY too slow yet at the same time, cursor response when trying to select any item pretty much anywhere OTHER than the starchart is WAY too fast, leading to it being nearly impossible to, for example, change GPU particle settings, since you have to get the damn cursor EXACTLY onto the left/right arrows (and the rest of the selection for GPU cursor is completely unresponsive to button presses).

The best thing to do is to put it back the way it was. I said it before and I wil say it again, DON`T FIX WHAT ANT BROKE.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

The best thing to do is to put it back the way it was. I said it before and I wil say it again, DON`T FIX WHAT ANT BROKE.

DE has a really bad habit of fixing what isn't broken and ignoring the things that are.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Ishimura_Elite said:

DE has a really bad habit of fixing what isn't broken and ignoring the things that are.

And they also don`t think about console players neither. Damn DE just put it back the way it was for flips sake!

• Applause 1

Hey, I just wanted to say thank you guys for all your hard work on the playstation 4 version of the game. That said, I'm not sure if this issue is known about or not due to the sheer volume of comments and the poor quality of my device, but when I mod weapons now I have to exit and re-enter the modding menu every single time I want to pick up another mod with my cursor. This is very distressing. Help please.

Immediately after this I sat down to do some fashion framing (my version of playing in a Zen Garden) and I can't use the cursor to select [None] for the armor slots like I can other pieces of armor. I can work around this, but this is also distressing. More help pls

Edited by (PS4)bionicwoodstock
Glitches. Glitches everywhere. I'm drowining in glitches.

5 hours ago, Drex83 said:

That's all mouse. The defense extract/continue buttons are literally buttons to click on. On PC the buttons are there, if it hot swaps to a gamepad thinking that's your main it'll show button prompts instead (and no clickable buttons) I'm not sure if the button prompts are just stuck on on PS4 or what. As for the gear wheel, that also is all mouse you should be able to just click anything on either side if it's working right

When you open the gear wheel on PS4 you can't use the mouse to click on an item. But if they add the cursor to the gear wheel UI I think people would riot as on pad moving the left stick to the item you want is faster.  

My input device has a bit of stick drift. In this case, i am unable to select a mission due to the right stick being used to zoom out on the star chart. When i click a planet, the game immediately zooms out making it impossible for me to pick a mission.

To correct this, please, please either disable right stick to zoom on the star chart (it serves no purpose), or let me disable it as an option. Its crippling for me. I mainly play using remote play on the ps vita and the ps vita is discontinued so i can't "just get a new one". Also many friends who have controllers with a bit of stick drift have the same problem.

Please see the video example above.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

We really appreciate this fix but it would be really better if you could make the cursor optional we really want the old one. Thanks :)

Maybe in the next update we hope you'll make this happen ;)

FIX UI FIRST ! the game not playable anymore! I can't even select a mission!

Just remove the Virtual Cursor ! NO ONE LIKED IT !!!!

• Like 2

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but when trying to sell items out of inventory, there is no quantity pop up anymore.  It's all or nothing.  So if one has multiple items, wants to sell excess for credits but keep one, that cannot be done anymore.  I would imagine it is the same at the void trader/ducat station, but did not check that. 

Also, when moving the cursor over regalia, it does not show the preview of what the one hovered over does, or what syndicate it is related to.  That was a nice feature for those of us that do not have all the icons for them imprinted into our memories.

Now to jump on the bandwagon, the cursor is a bad move, and a revert to the original d-pad is in order. 

• Upvote 1

Last night's semi reversion hitfix was great. I too think a full reversion  to the old controller setup for consoles would be best. Thanks a bunch!

Edited by (PS4)Thorenkar

I am unable to select more than one mod at a time to equip to my weapons. I have to equip one mod, Then exit the mod screen, go back in equip the next mod, back out and so on.  

7 hours ago, (XB1)MasterZiggy076 said:

Please DE Remove the cursor entirely.

Thanks 

Yeah I agree with you, this cursor idea was and unneeded update. Why “fix” what isn’t broken, yeah?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Wolfe-Hayashi7 said:

Please allow us to disable the GPU particals so that we can actually play the game without so much lag.

You can, they have to be enabled by selecting 'ludicrous' mode. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Ishimura_Elite said:

It was an attempt to bring pc users to ps4 or xbox, probably for more profit but honestly I put a lot of money into this game and I agree, the unneeded updates to change things entirely for ps4 users is a little over the top. We don’t need a cursor with a ps4 console, they just don’t match. Also has anyone noticed that when you go to your operator, he or she looks like they ran a 23 mile marathon? Looks sweaty and or fake? Hope that can be changed too.

8 hours ago, Drex83 said:

That's all mouse. The defense extract/continue buttons are literally buttons to click on. On PC the buttons are there, if it hot swaps to a gamepad thinking that's your main it'll show button prompts instead (and no clickable buttons) I'm not sure if the button prompts are just stuck on on PS4 or what. As for the gear wheel, that also is all mouse you should be able to just click anything on either side if it's working right

When you open the gear wheel on PS4 you can't use the mouse to click on an item. But if they add the cursor to the gear wheel UI I think people would riot as on pad moving the left stick to the item you want is faster.  

• Upvote 1