Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stug: Why Is It Full- Auto?

Issxi

Because the charge mechanic (that originally used to be the only firing mechanic) is pretty useless, especially if you have Multishot: one of the downside of Stug is the fact that you can't stack more than 6 projectiles on a single blob. While aestetically it appears larger, the damage is the same as a 6-projectiles blob.

I like the sound the stug makes every thing about that weapon shouldn't be its a crossbow ball thingy that shoots corrosive stuff and its name sound like something for like a nail that is stuck in something and its firing sound just sounds like it just saying the name of the gun or is that just me?

personally I think the grineer made it as a toy and then the tenno managed to weaponize it and the grineer just don't know what to do about it 

Edited by seprent

12 minutes ago, seprent said:

personally I think the grineer made it as a toy and then the tenno managed to weaponize it and the grineer just don't know what to do about it 

Artificers actually used the Stug but they only appeared during Shadow Debt. They also dropped loads of Neurodes, farmed 400+ from them.

9 hours ago, Rambit23Z said:

Artificers actually used the Stug but they only appeared during Shadow Debt. They also dropped loads of Neurodes, farmed 400+ from them.

I completely forgot about those guys I still think its a toy I mean look at it looks like some toy the way its colored 

8 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

It can't alt fire now? I swear it used to be able to charge up like usual with alt fire.

Of course it still works, but that's apparently not good enough for some people,
they would rather remove the Full-Auto option and only have it be a Charge weapon. *shrug*

Like with many weapons that have a Secondary Fire, I think the best solution would be to add an option,
on a per-weapon basis, in the Ugrade screen or wherever, to choose between direct alt fire and mode switching.

I feel like the best course of action would be changing the alt-fire to a fire mode toggle a la the Zarr, seeing as the default middle mouse button isn't the most comfy button for charge weapons. With that said, I personally think the Stug's whole charging/stacking mechanic could use some improvement since making use of it is arguably worse than simply spamming tiny globs all over the place.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

7 hours ago, Paradoxbomb said:

I feel like the best course of action would be changing the alt-fire to a fire mode toggle a la the Zarr

I hate that part of Zarr, the mode switching is / feels super clunky.

If it worked like Corinth (woo), with a direct alt fire, I'd be using Barrage shots a lot more often (rather than not at all).

See, it's an individual preference thing (and / or a matter of finding a control setup that works for you),
so again, an option to choose per weapon would be the best, IMO.
(Weapons with more than two firing modes would be out of luck, alas, but so be it.)

7 hours ago, Paradoxbomb said:

Stug's whole charging/stacking mechanic could use some improvement

Indeed, Stug not getting any love e.g. when the whole Primary & Secondary rebalance happened was quite sad.

Edited by NinjaZeku

Whatever the case with its firing modes, the Stug to me feels like it's stuck in early Damage 2.0 and it needs a complete overhaul all-around; I've got a setup that does around 3-4k total damage (consisting of radiation, corrosive and viral) and against (high level) Grineer it acts like a sticky water ballon launcher.

Edited by Leo17453