Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon "Near Empty" Sounds

Issxi

I love this idea, but does each faction have to sound exactly the same? Why not give each faction's weapons their own unique sound for this function?

-Grineer: The sound we have now. That crude metal clanging sound.

-Corpus: Weapon powering down sound. As if a plasma generator ran out of juice.

-Tenno/Prime: Elegant sharp metal clings and the like.

-Infested: Pained growns or hisses/cries from the weapon. These things are supposed to be alive so lets make them feel more like it!

1 hour ago, Xylyssa said:

I love this idea, but does each faction have to sound exactly the same? Why not give each faction's weapons their own unique sound for this function?

-Grineer: The sound we have now. That crude metal clanging sound.

-Corpus: Weapon powering down sound. As if a plasma generator ran out of juice.

-Tenno/Prime: Elegant sharp metal clings and the like.

-Infested: Pained growns or hisses/cries from the weapon. These things are supposed to be alive so lets make them feel more like it!

uh some weapons if you listen to them their firing sound changes when they lower on bullets or near empty its easy to overlook but if you listen for it you will hear it and once you hear you cant really un hear it half the time I don't even look at my ammo any more I just listen to the gun if it sounds near empty reload dunno about infested weapons or much of the corpus but ballistic stuff yeah I hear sounds for it running dry idk remember when but DE did a gun sound overhaul and made a lot of new sounds for guns I know it was in the last few months and the difference was really good in my opinion my guns sound like they have more kick

kinda funny though we have all this space age laser organic gun stuff and 90% of my weapons are bullet/ballistic or some manner of physical projectile I have like the ferrox for lasers and that's really about it and the ignis wraith but that is fire or in this case some manner of crit gas build because I got bored

best example is the quartack (primary weapon that came with ghouls) that thing will make higher pitch ting sounds as it reachs empty 

• 2 weeks later...