The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee rework and dual swords

Scandroid

1 hour ago, Scandroid said:

i doubt that would take allot of work to just replace the dagger with a same sword

When people say things like this, it immediately makes me hate whatever idea they have.

How does this factor into a melee rework?

2 hours ago, Scandroid said:

just replace the dagger with a same sword

well, the idea behind having two blades of different lengths is so that when performing certain moves, they don't get entangled with each other. two full-length swords can be quite cumbersome, whereas replacing one with a shorter, light blade makes it more manageable.

technically, we should consider it as a Dual Blades class, rather than Dual Swords as there are a few non-swords that are dual wielded; Kamas, Cleavers etc.

4 hours ago, peterc3 said:

When people say things like this, it immediately makes me hate whatever idea they have.

How does this factor into a melee rework?

Because they already changing scythes to use heavy blade stance and increasing they're size in the rework so why not add this aswell

37 minutes ago, Scandroid said:

Because they already changing scythes to use heavy blade stance and increasing they're size in the rework so why not add this aswell

It's extra work that doesn't really change anything. What weapons does this even apply to, just Dual Ether, Dual Heat Swords, and Nami Skyla? Nami Skyla has to keep the smaller machete, otherwise Nami Solo doesn't really fit anymore. Both Dual Ether and Dual Heat Swords look like the combination of the other two weapons in their "family".

It would be less work to just name the category Dual Blades (not including daggers(but sometimes daggers)).