Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spirit Of The Prime: Weapon Passives

ForumSmurf

No thanks. Weapons passives I sure want, but the way you put them... "+2% damage" UGH. NO. It's already hard to even get those abilities in the first place, but to get beyond the insignificant boost you need to grind EVERYTHING.

Plus, the "primes boost primes" will end up into broken things. As of now you could go up to 9 primes, 11 with the founder ones. Orthos prime with +220% damage and +110% attack speed? BEFORE MODS? Why yes please! Oh? I need to fork up 200$ AND grind 60 weapons AND grind all the primes AND level them up? I think I'll pass finally!

I'd rather have something you can immediately identify, understand, and play with. Like orthos current boost to slide attacks, acrid poison... See the other passive thread for that.

No thanks. Weapons passives I sure want, but the way you put them... "+2% damage" UGH. NO. It's already hard to even get those abilities in the first place, but to get beyond the insignificant boost you need to grind EVERYTHING.

Plus, the "primes boost primes" will end up into broken things. As of now you could go up to 9 primes, 11 with the founder ones. Orthos prime with +220% damage and +110% attack speed? BEFORE MODS? Why yes please! Oh? I need to fork up 200$ AND grind 60 weapons AND grind all the primes AND level them up? I think I'll pass finally!

I'd rather have something you can immediately identify, understand, and play with. Like orthos current boost to slide attacks, acrid poison... See the other passive thread for that.

the ones you pointed out don't work that way. In the description it only takes into account the prime of that type. Not all primes.

Okay, misread then.

And I realized after cooling down (stupid past me) that some of your propositions are actually pretty good ideas. Better wallrunning, enemies exploding, the Lex and Seer ones... But some are flat out bad (+% damage/reload speed for example).

My biggest problem, apart the unfunnyness of most of the passives, is that their efficiency is tied to the mastery rank. That is bad.

• 2 weeks later...

not a bad idea, but i started liking it less and less as it sounded more and more like World of Warcraft.

seriously good mojo you're puttin out though.

also, its tenno, not teeno.

just curious is the descriptions what you dont like or the actual mechanics and numbers

+1 for the afford...

I really like the passives... Maybe they could be chosen by categories -> more viable combinations... Passives of Handguns can only be switched inbetween the category....

Nevertheless DE should hire you...

• 2 weeks later...

well, the passives on some weapons(LOVED the boltor passive) make sense, whereas some(like your torid concept) would nuke the weapon into the ground. but like i said, all in all a REALLY good idea.

:( im sry. Interestingly the torid passive is one of my favorite ones. At max rank (the only rank that matters imo) 40% damage per second for 10 seconds and if the unit dies premature the parasite jumps to another target for the remaining lifetime in 25 meters. That sounds so fun to me. Imagine a room full of light mobs by the time you shot your third target, there would be 3 parasites jumping around killing everything.