Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunblade and Glaive Mods

Synpai

Glaive functionality has always been awkward to me and making a proper “throw” build is notably less efficient than just flailing it around like a melee weapon. I feel awkward because it feels like the throwing system when dual wielding alongside a one handed secondary should just...work whether you have a rifle and especially when you fully equip the melee weapon (or just remove the last one entirely since there’s not really a reason to do so and give glaives a bit of an auto parry chance when used with a pistol). Here are a few mods/mod combinations to make them a little bit better/more unique to build:

1. Orbital Guidance - Prefect throws cause the Glaive to orbit warframe ; rotations affected by bounce/rebound mods and combo counter
  2. Explosive Ordnance - Power Throw + Quick Return (since the mods don't really work without one another); Explosive damage should scale
  3. Gravity Javelin: More damage and flight speed while airborne; less when on the ground.
  4. Vortex Crater: Perfect throws pull enemies into the impact location (force and radius based on combo counter)
  5. Tempest Toss: Perfect throws cause the glaive to be enveloped by a tornado, slowly returning loot along the path to the player while staggering enemies. Enemies killed while staggered increase the tornado range and flight speed.
  6. Rift Shuriken: Perfect throws cause the glaive to teleport and embed into target causing them to take damage over time and creates a weak point. Attempting to throw again will blink the melee back to the user (doesn’t cancel the throw that triggers the return)
  7. Shadow Pin: Perfect throws cause the glaive to chain (as in snare) enemies hit for a few seconds (based on combo counter)
  8. Magnetized Maelstrom: Glaive will seek out and rebound to the closest enemy (number of rebounds based on combo counter).

Gunblades just need a little treatment similar to Glaives in that they can be charged, but more akin to spearguns where instead of “perfect throw” mechanic they can be “fully charged.” More unique mod ideas:

1. Ricochet Rounds: Charged shots bounce a number of times based on combo counter.
  2. Sticky Shots: Charged rounds stick to the barrel, dealing damage when meleeing a number of times based on combo counter.
  3. Bladed Barrel: Melee attacks increase critical chance and damage of next X charged shots (number based on combo multiplier)
  4. Relentless Bombardment: Charge attacks fire consecutive shots (Same damage) and hits restore a portion of combo counter; + Combo Duration
  5. Revenant Capacitor: Finishers make the next number of shots fired fully charged (Stores up to X charges based on combo multiplier); Charges grant increasing life steal, but drain life when combo counter depletes or charges are fired. 
  6. Reinforced Steel: Melee status procs have a chance to grant armor stacks. A charged shot converts stacks into “iron skin.” Can be shot onto an ally (still affects the player regardless)
  7. Energized Chamber: Allows a “Overcharging” that increases damage by draining player’s energy. Player must first charge a shot before it begins draining energy (~1s delay to ensure people intend to use the drain)

*Energy Channel: This should scale off things that increase base damage and possibly store more energy if Combo multiplier is higher. Please add a UI element for stored damage. (Possibly make it unique to gunblades/glaives).

For melee in general, I hope that charge attacks take timing into consideration for “Just-Charge” mechanics. Similar to DMC, where if you attempt to charge just as an attack finishes it’ll full charge instantly.

NOTE: When something says based on combo counter, it could work in a number of ways such as depleting "hits" instead of multipliers; No point in me specifying on this without knowing what will change with the rework.

Thoughts? Any other Gunblade/Glaive mods people hope for?

Edited by Synpai
For some reason I spelled glaive correctly everywhere but the title

gunblades and glaives requires more attention, their onliest purpose is mastery rank and nothing else, and i think DE can give them more synergy to them, adding these mods could make incredible builds at the same time fun for users

on the next melee rework the charged attacks will be used with channeling button, but hope the charge time don't take so long, i like your suggestions

On 2018-06-08 at 6:23 PM, ZAXNIGHTMARE said:

gunblades and glaives requires more attention, their onliest purpose is mastery rank and nothing else, and i think DE can give them more synergy to them, adding these mods could make incredible builds at the same time fun for users

on the next melee rework the charged attacks will be used with channeling button, but hope the charge time don't take so long, i like your suggestions

We can only hope we see some mods like this.

We should see them increase in use if damage increases and if crit (possibly) becomes less outrageous (blood rush?)

hace 2 horas, Synpai dijo:

We can only hope we see some mods like this.

We should see them increase in use if damage increases and if crit (possibly) becomes less outrageous (blood rush?)

I'm agree, hope the next rework on melees gives a highlight use to stance combos, not limiting blood rush with spin attacks

34 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Well glaives are used for chroma vex armor to deal self damage. Lol. I’ve used glaive prime with ivara’s navigate when I first got it. Definitely does a lot of damage. Wish the glaive had a homing effect. Also wish it was stronger or be the fastest melee. 

I have experience with those two uses for glaives along with the Wukong one (that's patched by now I believe), but I'd like to have a more general/universal use for them as well.

I thought Glaives already did have a sort of homing on rebounds...either way I've added a mod 😄

40 minutes ago, Synpai said:

I have experience with those two uses for glaives along with the Wukong one (that's patched by now I believe), but I'd like to have a more general/universal use for them as well.

I thought Glaives already did have a sort of homing on rebounds...either way I've added a mod 😄

Would be nice if the glaive could be used like a yo-yo. Swirling it around yourself and hit majority of the enemies. Would make a good balance with its low damage(compared to other melees). I even have a high damage cereta riven that I don’t even use. Wish it was a glaive riven. Been waiting for someone willing to claim it. For a decent price. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Would be nice if the glaive could be used like a yo-yo. Swirling it around yourself and hit majority of the enemies. Would make a good balance with its low damage(compared to other melees). I even have a high damage cereta riven that I don’t even use. Wish it was a glaive riven. Been waiting for someone willing to claim it. For a decent price. 

Hence the first mod on the list :P, but all things considered the combo it uses when using a pistol is better than the actual stances glaives have.

• 1 month later...