The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if Ballas could temporary pull on our transference forcing our operator to go out of the warframe?

Kronxito

Being unable to go back for 10-20 seconds.....

He already cut off Lotus transference and that affected ours.

If operator dies.... No way back as the transference is locked. We could definitely die.

Just an idea. A challenging idea haha.

Edited by AnGeL_KRoM

I think Ballas would pull an inverted Transference disrupt, which disconnects us from ourselves (meaning no Operator for [X] timeframe or until [E] condition is met), forcing us to be just our Warframe, which would be very interesting to experience in spite of the terrible reality that we may have at least 3 revives (one revive + Arcanes, Sentinel Sacrifice not included).

42 minutes ago, AnGeL_KRoM said:

Being unable to go back for 10-20 seconds.....

He already cut off Lotus transference and that affected ours.

If operator dies.... No way back as the transference is locked. We could definitely die.

Just an idea. A challenging idea haha.

then umbra is bout to go shank shank to our space kids

That would go over about as well as Archwing. 

B-but why would I say that when I continually say that I love Archwing?  Because people generally don't seem to really bother leveling their Operator via Focus schools... because the Focus grind is even more disconnected from the game than the Archwing grind (at least Archwing mods still use Endo) and because they throw some pretty unreasonable numbers thrown into the Focus grind. Upwards of a million Focus just to unlock waybounds when you are chip dinging it 200-1k focus at a time through "normal" gameplay, lol just lol.

People either aren't going to have their Operators/Operator gear leveled sufficiently to complete the battle. In which case DE is going to have to scale it waaaaaaaaay down. However if they do that then the people who actually bothered to focus grind will be super OP which will result in them waltzing through the battle and complaining that it's waaaaaaaaay too easy. 

There is no real way to balance it out. Unless they toss in some mechanic like the Ravinous Maw that essentially makes your Operators gear/level/unlocks irrelevant. 

Edited by Oreades

Ballas will be worse than that. He doesn't just have the know how to disrupt transference, he took lead on designing our warframes too and might be able to turn them against us.

When he says "you cannot defy your creator" on the teaser site, lord help us if he's talking to our Warframes and the Helminth strain.

Edited by Beartornado

7 minutes ago, kyori said:

That will piss off more players than the Harrow quest. lol

Oh god that fight.... that was just ugh..... but eventually it became clear that you literally couldn't lose so every time I ran out of energy I just let them kill me cause it was faster than letting it regent on it's own. 

As others have also said, my Operator is equipped to kill Eidolons right now.  I have a 223 amp, Madarai focus, and all Waybounds unlocked.

Bring it, Ballas.  Let's see how you like a good heart-to-heart talk with a void-powered flak cannon.

1 hour ago, Beartornado said:

Ballas will be worse than that. He doesn't just have the know how to disrupt transference, he took lead on designing our warframes too and might be able to turn them against us.

When he says "you cannot defy your creator" on the teaser site, lord help us if he's talking to our Warframes and the Helminth strain.

Wow.... Thats very interesting

2 hours ago, Beartornado said:

and the Helminth strain.

If he's somehow talking to the Helminth strain on our ships then I'm worried... Witht hat he may even be able to choke us out of our Lisets and force us onto Lua, then push us out and Take over our Warframes. He may not want our Warframes though, if he's using Umbra so no super worries there. (disclaimer: i don't actually know for sure what will happen in the Sacrifice and this is purely speculatory)

To quote ballas from the teaser site "Lua Brings your strength but you cannot defy your creator" 

Me thinks ballas is going to pull a fail-safe or there is already a fail-safe in place like the laws of robotics but specific to orokin executives or him alone we wont be able to attack ballas with our warframe or it will just lock up and refuse to respond to a any aggressive action aimed towards him. He made us he can unmake us or disable us its common sense to have a back door or method of protection against your own creations a just in case sort of thing or he could also turn our puppets against us and have our frame attack our operator 

For those who dont know the laws of robotics is 3 rules robots must follow 

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Just replace every instance of human with ballas or orokin executives and we might have to fight ballas as our operator or something that can loop hole this idea so take something else over like the ravenous maw or something entirely different  just my 2 cent idea

Edited by seprent

9 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

I think Ballas would pull an inverted Transference disrupt, which disconnects us from ourselves (meaning no Operator for [X] timeframe or until [E] condition is met), forcing us to be just our Warframe, which would be very interesting to experience in spite of the terrible reality that we may have at least 3 revives (one revive + Arcanes, Sentinel Sacrifice not included).

That's just normal gameplay

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

Oh god that fight.... that was just ugh..... but eventually it became clear that you literally couldn't lose so every time I ran out of energy I just let them kill me cause it was faster than letting it regent on it's own. 

And the battle gets way easier when you get the Amp.

I tried it out, Mote Amp only, most useless passive for the battle: Vazarin's (Affinity range and Instant Revives). No waybounds, no unlocked nodes.

Having +150HP and Void Beam having its own energy pool was a night/day difference.

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

That's just normal gameplay

Details compressed into spoiler.
Nutshell: 2nd Warframe as companion.

Spoiler

At first it may seem so, but then you'd see your Warframe in the transmissions instead of your Operator with a Specter-ified voice (with two versions; one sounding more feminine, and one being the typical masculine tone, dependant on the Warframe's gender). It tries to go Operator, and feels... nothing. Next objective becomes 'sit down and contemplate'. So you sit in a particular area, positioned to be obvious for yourself. Then the scene cuts to your Operator heading to Navigation to drop themselves in via another Warframe (which you control).

Then you arrive at your former Warframe and Transference in. You greet yourself and end up planning the route ahead.

At the end, you get to employ a secondary Warframe instead of a companion, which revives with you (if you and it go down), can be revived (like any companion), can and will try to revive you (if it has AOE denial powers, it will use them, like Excal's radial blind or Frost's ice globe, before reviving you), and can be Transferenced into (meaning you can bring two Warframes to one mission; however, this secondary Warframe will borrow your weapons if you're not using them (i.e: swap to sidearm, secondary frame swaps to your primary, and so on; if it's using a weapon you need, the swap time is about a second longer due to what's happening).

5 hours ago, Oreades said:

Side note, replaying it with an amp and some abilities and the fight is way easier... almost fun.  Almost.