Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible to hide faction sigils?

cghawk

Question

joined the steel miridian, got their ugly sigil and tried what was possible and I can't hide it, turned alpha all the way down, gave it the same color as my frame but it still has the same outline color, even when I try to change my frame to the color of the outline it seems as if it increases the brightness of the outline so that it's still visible, I hate it

21 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

You guys are looking at the wrong solution. Why not let us gain standing for syndicates without having to wear a sigil? That way if we want to use two sigils, neither of which affiliated to a Syndicate (not counting Simaris and Conclave), we could.

You mean gain a percentage more without sigils

You still gain standings regardless, sigils just increase the percentage

3 minutes ago, NSDBL said:

You mean gain a percentage more without sigils

You still gain standings regardless, sigils just increase the percentage

Higher tier sigils increase the standing, if you are not using even the deffault you get not standing.

PS: You do gain standing by simply playing Conclave, weather or not you wear a Conclave sigil (non of which increase the amount) and other syndicate sigils are disables in the Conclave. In other words, your statement is only half-true and only for Conclave.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

Put it on your back and wear an Ivzara Syandana or Repala.

No one gonna see it. Not even you.

well problem is I don't like syandana's either, it always looked silly to have this scarf/cape flailing about behind your back

Just now, cghawk said:

well problem is I don't like syandana's either, it always looked silly to have this scarf/cape flailing about behind your back

Looks like you are destined to use black energy color for all your WFs.

iirc, the best way to hide sigils is to paint YOUR energy black (Sigil outline or gradients), turn sigil's alpha to lowest and paint it to whatever your warframe colour is, or black. sometimes i even forget that i have sigils.

And yes, syandanas and chest armors will do that well

9 minutes ago, Quanlain said:

iirc, the best way to hide sigils is to paint YOUR energy black (Sigil outline or gradients), turn sigil's alpha to lowest and paint it to whatever your warframe colour is, or black. sometimes i even forget that i have sigils.

And yes, syandanas and chest armors will do that well

5 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Yes the outlines are based on frame energy color.

ah you're right, I didn't know as I never bothered changing energy color, I don't have any colors unlocked but managed to make it near invisible by choosing the dark red color, thanks allot for explaining

I think a hide option would be nice too - some frames even dark colours aren't enough, especially when the frame's body is a lighter shade.

I always turn the Alpha down and opt to use pure black and try to hide it on my back behind a syandana, but even then a couple of offenders like my Loki really are an eyesore, but gotta get that rep!

Personally I think Rep gains should be removed from regalia alltogether, but that's a whole other can of worms... 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

il y a une heure, AlphaPHENIX a dit :

You guys are looking at the wrong solution. Why not let us gain standing for syndicates without having to wear a sigil? That way if we want to use two sigils, neither of which affiliated to a Syndicate (not counting Simaris and Conclave), we could.

Exactly, we should just get a standing boost equivalent to our rank in the syndicate no need for those sigils.

-Sigils should be able to be placed anywhere on our bodies..

-We should get to wear as many as we want as long as they do not conflict with one another.  New Loka + Steel = no.  

-We should be able to add Sigils to our ORBITER!!!(on the outside) 

-Every syndicate should have sigils so that its easier to gain standing with them.  Ceph Simaris, Ostron, Quill, etc.  

Making them invisiable......I make alpha 0 and paint the sigil black... I always put the syndicates on my front... I use bright colors for my warframe energy....I never have outlines around my sigils..... Even if the sigils show up very faintly on my warframe, in-game I never see them.   I think you have alpha maxed out to the right.......you need to max it out to the left....

7 hours ago, Syln said:

Exactly, we should just get a standing boost equivalent to our rank in the syndicate no need for those sigils.

Well, I don't mind that we need to buy sigils to get faster standing gains.  It's a small but interesting choice between methods of progression.

But I'd really like to see standings bonuses decoupled from actually wearing the  damn things.  Ideally there'd be a reputation screen where we'd activate a bonus of choosing out of the ones we've opened up, while the cosmetic aspect would be completely separate.

11 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Let us have focus gain without lenses BEFORE we get syndicate standing without sigil first, please!

19 hours ago, cghawk said:

joined the steel miridian, got their ugly sigil and tried what was possible and I can't hide it, turned alpha all the way down, gave it the same color as my frame but it still has the same outline color, even when I try to change my frame to the color of the outline it seems as if it increases the brightness of the outline so that it's still visible, I hate it

Yes you can hide it

Use your alpha in appearance and the sigil will be nearly invisible

I looked at your Steel Meridian Champion sigil.  That has some dope animated background to it that does indeed show your frame energy color.   Just stick it on your chest and shrink it down all the way lol.   Or LIGHT IT UP UP UP!!!!!  Those big cool animated sigils are the ones i love the most for my backside.   Zanuka/Stalker = awesome.   I use Raptor for my operator.  

Kinda jealous of SM's final sigil.   RV/Perrin/NL's finals all SUCK lol.   But atleast they are invis bahahaha.

Conclave de-coupled Standing gains from wearing a Sigil, Simaris / Ostrons / Quills don't require one,
Arcane Helmets are no more, and Hek, "proper" Arcanes even are basically just Mods now,
have regular ol' Syndicates follow suit, already 😛

Make your "currently supported" Syndicate an option at the Syndicate console / main screen, bam, done.
The amount of Sigils you own for that Syndicate should give you a % boost (1.5% per Sigil would add up to 15%),
doing a Syndicate mission will automatically apply the respective % boost to the Standing reward for completing the mission
no matter what you've set as your currently supported Syndicate.

For the love of Fashionframe, please, DE.

11 hours ago, tprx said:

Let us have focus gain without lenses BEFORE we get syndicate standing without sigil first, please!

what why

Lenses don't impact Fashionframe, they give you a reward for using Rank 30 gear. They're fine.

(Also, you already can gain Focus independent from Lenses, via Shards.)

Edited by NinjaZeku

Le 10/06/2018 à 19:18, Wyrding a dit :

Well, I don't mind that we need to buy sigils to get faster standing gains.  It's a small but interesting choice between methods of progression.

They are given at each rank up anyway :/ (if you chose to get them ofc)