Excalibur rework concept

Lugones

Hi folks,

Just a ideia for a new passive, 1 and 3 abilitys.

New passive - when excalibur hit a enemy whit a MELEE strike, the target receive a mark.

1- slash and dash ability

When i image this ability, i see that classic scene in the movies ands animes, when a guys drawn his sword and cross the enemy far away for her back, and after that, that enemy feel.

Slash and dash (new) - excalibur cast a ability in his melee weapon and dash foward across some range in a line. All the target between the range of that line take melee damage of the melee weapon plus (some base number power strenght). Slash and dash count for his passive.

Special - when hit a mark target, that enemy will take increase damage.

3 - radial javelin

Excal is a melee frame, isnt strange that he is the only melee frame with no tankness ability? Valkyr and wukong are melee frames too and they receive some ability to come close to the enemy or maybe survive a some enemy that u cant cc. Thinking on that i picture this:

Radial javelin (new) - Excal create a aura of energy around himself (or maybe blades, like gara shards) and that aura reduces***** damage that scale overtime hiting mark targets.

The shield starts with 40% of damage reduction. When excal hit a mark enemy, a shard of exalted blade appears around him incresing the shield resistance for 10% (scale with power strenght) at a maximun of 80% of damage reduction.

When excal have full shards around him (i image shard blades of energy), he can:

-  (option 1) active the radial javelin attack, shooting the blades around him of all enemys on the field, like the original ability.

- (option 2) continuos absorv damage and release all of it in a single AOE damage ability (like equinox), killing enemys around him.

**** - the reduce damage can be anything, a reduction damage like mesa and gara abilitys, a shield absorving damage like nezha, a overshield like mag and trinity abilitys, the ideia here is survival.

Extra: His ult can add marks on melee damage too.

Well...that is it, what u guys thinking? 

There's no need to over-complicate a starter warframe that will be the first of many players' initial experience with the game.

There's plenty of other systems they're busy figuring out without needing to decipher how their first tool ever is supposed to function.

Leave Excalibur simple, just the way he is; and instead of making something that exists into something completely different, how about we just make the something completely different from scratch as its own separate entity?

Edited by FLSH_BNG

26 minutes ago, Althial said:

Eidolon frame. 

[PH]Vlad is a Sentient Energy-afflicted Warframe. Chroma is closer to an actual Sentient/Warframe amalgamation because of his Conculyst-like Pelt.

As for OP:
0: Excalibur is a Starter frame. These changes would likely confuse experienced users and new users alike.
In this spoiler are my ideas for any changes I'd like for Excalibur. 

Spoiler

1: His passive enhances melee weapons of the sword variety, though it including all bladed weapons, like rapiers, tonfa, heavy blades, and nodachi/odachi/2h_katanas would help.

2: That variant of Slash Dash could just be 'hold 1 to charge through enemies, gibbing any enemy that Excalibur's Exalted Blade passes through with finisher damage; if they don't die, they suffer massive puncture, impact, and bleed procs' which drains extra energy to power up. Current Slash-Dash could do with being able to chain (like Rhino's Charge or Atlas' Landslide discounting energy on subsequent casts and increasing damage up to 4x).

3: This alternative 'radial javelin' concept is intriguing, but I think should be reserved for another Warframe. Instead, take Radial Blind and Javelin and have them as a swappable pair of powers like Vauban's 2. Give Excalibur a new 3 which allows him to drain his energy, making his shields reflecting damage to attackers and making him recover much faster from knockdowns and staggers. If this and the previous suggested change are too much for Excalibur, then these changes could be applied to Excalibur Prime and Umbra. The reason his new 3 does what it does is based on how the game starts, with Lotus overcharging the Warframe and making it able to spam powers and take essentially no damage. In addition, as an alternative to the 'swappable like Vauban's 2', Radial Blind could be the 'tap' mode, and Radial Javelin could be after a very short chargeup period (Excalibur raises the blade as if to cast blind, flips it before it goes too high, and then slams it into the ground).

4: As I said on the end of my 3rd point, the changes I suggested here could and probably should be applied to Excalibur Prime and Umbra, mainly to make Umbra a little bit more unique. Then again, Sacrifice is imminent and I expect Excalibur Umbra to be the complete-at-end-of-Quest reward and Ballas' sword to be a thing to farm for, much like Orvius.

If you haven't opened the spoiler and read it all through, then what I'll say next will make no sense:
Maybe reserve this rework, be it mine or yours, for his Prime and Umbra variants exclusively?

Well Your new javelin is a good idea but I think Excalibur will be too op if that work with radial blind...
However since we have mini radial blind from Extaled blade so I think this reduce damage skill should be replace radial blind and for radial javelin ...well  it may multiply damage form the enimies target (more target more damage)...

5 hours ago, T004 said:

Well Your new javelin is a good idea but I think Excalibur will be too op if that work with radial blind...
However since we have mini radial blind from Extaled blade so I think this reduce damage skill should be replace radial blind and for radial javelin ...well  it may multiply damage form the enimies target (more target more damage)...

yeah, but is just a concecpt, they can ajust this, or maybe only giving him a new shield, idk.

4 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Here’s the problem. You want to make excel more complex. He’s one of the starter frames. His abilities should be simple and straight forward. Adding all these little things to him bogs him down and can turn a lot of new players away who chose him.

yeah, but mag and volt are complex to. Yeah he is a starter frame, but picture this:

1 - Use slash in dash, mark enemys, use slash in dash again...this combo is simple.

2 - Active your 3, use slash in dash or just use melee attacks, gain shield, or damage reduction, or whatever DE think is cool.

If u have this on a starter frame, u give a new opition for the new player, unstead of farm rhino, and for hardcore player, u give a great weapon in survival and other hardcore mission.

And when u are starting this game, exalted blade is pretty useless beacause u dont have the mods for use this for a long time.

Edited by Khaeji

23 hours ago, FLSH_BNG said:

There's no need to over-complicate a starter warframe that will be the first of many players' initial experience with the game.

this dont make sense dude, mag is simple? volt ?

42 minutes ago, Khaeji said:

yeah, but mag and volt are complex to. Yeah he is a starter frame, but picture this:

1 - Use slash in dash, mark enemys, use slash in dash again...this combo is simple.

2 - Active your 3, use slash in dash or just use melee attacks, gain shield, or damage reduction, or whatever DE think is cool.

If u have this on a starter frame, u give a new opition for the new player, unstead of farm rhino, and for hardcore player, u give a great weapon in survival and other hardcore mission.

And when u are starting this game, exalted blade is pretty useless beacause u dont have the mods for use this for a long time.

Volts not complicated. Mag is tho.