Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UI Redesign: Information & Timeline!

[DE]Rebecca

If you've been following our Devstreams - or Steve's twitter - our plans to release a visual update to our UI shouldn't be new. But if you haven't followed - the short explanation is that we're redoing our UI art style!

DdgRXreUwAEy8BH.jpg:large

Different themes (see some examples above), a more evocative and artistic UI, it's all coming - but not all at once! 

Right now we have exactly 131 screens in the game that need an artistic pass to the new style. 8 we have done and ready to go - they'll be launching soon. Themes similar to above are coming for the the screens we have completed, and all subsequent screens will inherit whatever UI theme you've chosen (default or other purchased themes). 

So, 'all subsequent screens'. This will be rolled out over the rest of the year - we are not launching all 131 screens with new art at once.Things like horizontal scrolling are being removed based on player feedback, and we're going to be addressing other common requests as we make our way through the redesign. The busiest screens are particularly hard to change, but we will slowly but surely make our way through. 

Thanks, Tenno! We'll open threads once this is released for practical feedback, for now, this is just some insight into the coming change! 

Itching to see the UI overhaul as it unfolds over time 🙂 the new iteration looks fantastic. KUDOS!

Also, if numbered from left to right, top to bottom, then tabs on #2, #3, #4, #6    (^.^)

@[DE]Rebecca
Can or will this include some overhaul on the "My Profile" screen as well? cuz it looks kinda outdated.
I would love to have the option to have different Profile backgrounds showing a customizable warframe & operator pose.
Perhaps a better *stat_list that shows the more important stuff right off the bat instead of listing all that stuff like # of scans that no one cares about.
Maybe some cool stuff like being able to indicate your top 5 favorite frames, weapons etc.
You know...just some extra stuff that lets you know more about a fellow tenno or somthin.

I love that purchasable UI themes will be a thing. This is an excellent platinum sink. I hope each one comes at a cost appropriate to the use. I can't wait.

Will the profile pages be overhauled as well? The tight vertical scroll, inefficient use of screen space, and outdated stats make the profile screen very outdated. It would be amazing for profile screens to effectively display a player with efficient uses of resources on useful information with appropriate sorting (Conclave, Codex, etc).

I like them all! will probably opt for Stalker (Black/red) themes or Primed (White/gold) themes when i get chance, but they all look wonderful!

and thank you for giving us back button-scrolling, rather than being forced to use the Cursor. this hybrid of Button simplicity, with the option of a cursor if needed, is far better. hopefully we'll get those quicker certs that were one of the reasons behind this change. keep up the good work DE, Warframe will look pretty sleek with these new themes!

Will opt for the bottom-left 'Prime' theme when it comes out. Also, since Console platforms got back their quick-access buttons, can we on PC get that convenience back for those of us who prefer running controller over 'keyboard dancing'? Otherwise it will be a glaring code addendum when working on UI builds when PC-side lacks the controller keybinds that the console builds got back, I forsee.

Will the initial UI 3.0 sample come with The Sacrifice tomorrow/this week? Who knows
Restrain enthusiasm for that Captialization? - Cephalon Sark, the Index.

8 minutes ago, OHKOBunny said:

At least give one or two alternate options for starters before you start charging for the rest please

Cosmetic items is Warframe's bread and butter. If you like how something looks, you buy it or skip out. The UI will still function without a skin. I hope you only get a starter one as platinum sinks are healthy for the in-game economy. This UI skin deal seems pretty sweet.

Archived