Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UI Redesign: Information & Timeline!

[DE]Rebecca

4 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

There are many games that don't have UI themes. What do you do then? We don't have options now.

I use a program called f.lux to begin with, helps a little.

And yes we don't have options now, but all the login screens (except for the one in your Orbitor) have a black background and that's enough for me.

Personally I can handle stuff like flashbangs even...for the most part. But if the screen is continuously a blinding white colour, or really anything that's just too bright, then I start to have problems. (reason why I use the Black forum theme, sence all the rest are pure white and a bright red/blue/green)

5 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Currently, the last frame you played with will appear on the login screen (depending on wether you got the right one or not, which is pure RNG). They most likely used deffault Excal as placeholder.

that's a nice to hear, definitely 100% going with this kind of UI

I've been having two persistent problems that were unnnoticed in the old UI: there are several types of text boxes and they can change which keyboard layout Im running by default (might be contextual keyboard switching as a part of windows 7), Im switching between czech QWERTZ and QWERTY(ctrl shift within a language) and also english(alt shift between languages), and these often dont carry through loading screens. Another thing is related to mouse emulaiton, I had my usb ports fail in a storm and now have to use emulated mouse with NeatMouse, when I send the scroll down or up commands with num / or num * the cursor just teleports to the bottom right corner.

And besides fixing bugs we need full compatibility with directional keys and also explicit UI controls that include things like the current N,M,Z and L(which is either the default training codex or warframe abilities in arsenal hotkey), tab, shift tab, pgUp and pgDown. also PLS FIX the forum avatar not updating for over year for me.

1 hour ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

I use a program called f.lux to begin with, helps a little.

And yes we don't have options now, but all the login screens (except for the one in your Orbitor) have a black background and that's enough for me.

Personally I can handle stuff like flashbangs even...for the most part. But if the screen is continuously a blinding white colour, or really anything that's just too bright, then I start to have problems. (reason why I use the Black forum theme, sence all the rest are pure white and a bright red/blue/green)

It would be nice for them to at least offer light and dark default themes.

44 minutes ago, MaNiaCSPeC said:

You guys serious? Are you excited about the purchased colors for the interface or the loading screen? There's definitely something wrong with you.

Uhm better than paying $19.99 for a random UI theme that can be used only once. You can stick with the default UI if you are against it.

This is fantastic! And not releasing all 131 themes and once (whether it be intentional or not) is also a good thing, since it will be greatly overwhelming.  I remember starting the game, and completing the Second Dream (which was recently) there were so many things to choose from. 

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This will be rolled out over the rest of the year - we are not launching all 131 screens with new art at once

Having been part of a full UI redesign before, this is the best way to approach it without having a wall of end user tickets due to some elements not getting the proper QA they should have.

il y a 15 minutes, -Icicles- a dit :

Uhm better than paying $19.99 for a random UI theme that can be used only once. You can stick with the default UI if you are against it.

I understand, well, thanks, that's not lootbox. But for me, it doesn't change much. It's still crap for which will ask money or platinum and I'm not the person who can be caught in the reluctance to buy anything. I initially thought it was a joke.
However, your opinion is still opinion.

If you've been following our Devstreams - or Steve's twitter - our plans to release a visual update to our UI shouldn't be new. But if you haven't followed - the short explanation is that we're redoing our UI art style!

DdgRXreUwAEy8BH.jpg:large

Right now we have exactly 131 screens in the game that need an artistic pass to the new style. 8 we have done and ready to go - they'll be launching soon. Themes similar to above are coming for the the screens we have completed, and all subsequent screens will inherit whatever UI theme you've chosen

yay

(default or other purchased themes). 

nay

15 minutes ago, Tarak said:

People need to keep in mind that it's themes in combination with coloration. Themes will be purchased, but you should be able to color them as it pleases you.

they said in a dev stream you cant

so... no you cant

this isnt 1 theme ur seeing its 8, and they r all the same "theme" in different colors, and ur only getting 4 of them with another 4 locked

now do u see the issue?

Can you please add the option to unlock the UI elements? Healing the Tridolons would be a lot easier if my party's health, mana, and buffs could be dragged to the bottom middle of the screen. A more visible reticle would also be amazing, perhaps you could add a few choices? Additionally, the option to freeze the sniper scope (the Rubico's sniper scope in particular is insanely distracting) or add the combo counter to the screen when you have scopes disabled, would be a HUGE quality of life improvement.

Archived