Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UI Redesign: Information & Timeline!

[DE]Rebecca

On 2018-06-11 at 7:00 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

If you've been following our Devstreams - or Steve's twitter - our plans to release a visual update to our UI shouldn't be new. But if you haven't followed - the short explanation is that we're redoing our UI art style!

DdgRXreUwAEy8BH.jpg:large

Different themes (see some examples above), a more evocative and artistic UI, it's all coming - but not all at once! 

Right now we have exactly 131 screens in the game that need an artistic pass to the new style. 8 we have done and ready to go - they'll be launching soon. Themes similar to above are coming for the the screens we have completed, and all subsequent screens will inherit whatever UI theme you've chosen (default or other purchased themes). 

So, 'all subsequent screens'. This will be rolled out over the rest of the year - we are not launching all 131 screens with new art at once.Things like horizontal scrolling are being removed based on player feedback, and we're going to be addressing other common requests as we make our way through the redesign. The busiest screens are particularly hard to change, but we will slowly but surely make our way through. 

Thanks, Tenno! We'll open threads once this is released for practical feedback, for now, this is just some insight into the coming change! 

love it

В 11.06.2018 в 02:00, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

If you've been following our Devstreams - or Steve's twitter - our plans to release a visual update to our UI shouldn't be new. But if you haven't followed - the short explanation is that we're redoing our UI art style!

DdgRXreUwAEy8BH.jpg:large

Different themes (see some examples above), a more evocative and artistic UI, it's all coming - but not all at once! 

Right now we have exactly 131 screens in the game that need an artistic pass to the new style. 8 we have done and ready to go - they'll be launching soon. Themes similar to above are coming for the the screens we have completed, and all subsequent screens will inherit whatever UI theme you've chosen (default or other purchased themes). 

So, 'all subsequent screens'. This will be rolled out over the rest of the year - we are not launching all 131 screens with new art at once.Things like horizontal scrolling are being removed based on player feedback, and we're going to be addressing other common requests as we make our way through the redesign. The busiest screens are particularly hard to change, but we will slowly but surely make our way through. 

Thanks, Tenno! We'll open threads once this is released for practical feedback, for now, this is just some insight into the coming change! 

The green background looks pretty nice, I think it's more suitable. As well, it's pretty sinking, it can be relaxed.

I like the idea of the themes being purchased with plat so those ppl that have thousands can actually use it and buy stuff. And yes please remove the horizontal scrolling, its annoying, ugly, not visible in many ways, outdated, the mod section makes you hover on a mod and select the other because of the horizontal big squares... Clunky

U know what would be lovely? Letting ppl make UI's to users workshop, like a lot of Fandoms could use designs with stuff they like if someone make them and DE Accept it to download! Just my idea DE, u will do what u want ❤️

The change is good,but some of the changes are uncomfortable,for example,when a team is playing,it is necessary to move the mouse to the head of a teammate.and that is the gray feeling when the items in the changed warehouse item are unchecked ,and i think it should be colored whenever it is ,and it will be better when you move the mouse over it.Of course the quantity and information of goods in the warehouse are simpler and easier to understand.

A message from a Chinese player.My English is not good ,rely on the translation software to send messages,some places are not enough ,please forgive me.I like this games so much ,it gives me lots of happy time.I hope this game will be better.

Only change I would like on the inventory screen would be to show the name under the item without having to mouse over. Aside from that, I really like it and hope that we get more Warframe themed ones (if they look good, I'm happy to drop some plat on them).

All in all, good work guys!

dont like it, at baro u cant see how many ducats u have

to sell items at kiosk it marks them, was easier  to see when it took them away

u cant see the items name u have to hover every single one

when playing with teams , gotta hover all to see what frame and weapons theyre using

i prefer information readily available over style. change for the sake of change is not good, and to be honest that UI reminds me of the first year of warframe..its like going back in time, give us the option to still use the "old" one! 

I'd say fix the current issues we have on Consoles first. When I mod something & I want to change a mod or two. I have to back out of my arsenal just to apply another mod or move a mod in general. Also when I've wanted to check my secondary weapon after modding the primary, It gets stuck with primary being highlighted & the cursor won't recognize I'm pressing A on secondary. Has anything like these issues been reported?

Hello! I'm not sure where the best place to post this suggestion is, so I'll put it here and hope against hope it doesn't fall into obscurity before it ever has a chance to make something of itself and buy its mom a big house on a hill. I really think that on PC, WASD should not cause the cursor to move. It's frustrating to have the keyboard and mouse inputs overlap in that way, as using both simultaneously is a way of life on PC. I know I'm not the only one who thinks this, as you probably know, but figured I'd add my voice to the din.

I hope that you guys plan to expand the new UI redesign further in all areas of the game. Plus, not only new themes but new UI trigger sounds as well as backgrounds. Otherwise, this was a very welcome change, just hope it gets better over time and this is not the end of it.

Why when in mission and i press ESC to check the squad composition (name and equipment) now i have to hover with the mouse on every single member to visualize the infos? Before the new UI it was straightforward: ESC > see all of them, now it's a painful downgrade. Please revert to that old UI functionality. 

Also in the ESC menu, why the "Leave squad" button is second in order after "Show profile" and of the same size, when it is by far the highest priority for all players and the other is usually just clicked by accident?

Poderia arrumar esse cursor novo, trava muito agente dos consoles para conseguir perdurar tempo com isso na hora da comunicação sem bate-papo e para ver algum item, arma, warframe, relíquia, mods, forja e etc, acho que poderia ter uma opção de usar o recurso anterior sem o cursor e ao mesmo tempo o toque ou o cursor do cursor no menu também seria bom.

Detalhes

Archived