Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Battle Royale Mode (dont shake ur head just read)

(XBOX)xxThePhoenix

Alright so i know how it sounds but picture this for a second. You have 100 tenno hanging out on archwings over earth (The Plains) Vay Hek's ugly self laughs "you will all crash and burn Tenno!" Vay Hek then sets off an EMP disabling our archwings and warframes all we can do is guide our warframe to the grounds of the Plains. when you crash into the ground ordis comes on "operrrrrr..atttor[glitch] are you okay?! You have unfriendly warframe in bound. kkkkkillll them[glitch] before the radiation catches you" At this point you are armed and dangerous all mods and weapons are present. There will be no ammo drops or energy drops both are full on drop. if you kill a warframe you can use there remaining  weapons w ammo  no energy this plays into the end. As the radiation consumes the map it will force more interaction. in the very last circle it will come down to whos held out vs whos better with a melee. This could make conclave alot more relavent and would be pretty fair as long as match making matched based on similar mastery ranks

um. no.  Absolutely no.  Unequivocally no. nope. 

There are many Royale style games out there.  A few just launched and another was just announced if thats your thing.  go play one of those if that is what you are looking for.  

Please dont dilute Warframe for a quick cash grab.

Look I'm already miffed they turned bloody Fallout into a pseudo battleground bullcrap, don't bring this annoying fad in here and let it stay where it belongs

And they can't even create a stable 8 player mode and you want to fit 100 on a single session? Bloody hell.

Making conclave more relevant would mean making it more interesting/enjoyable. Battle Royale is not particularly Interesting or enjoyable. Many games already exist with this mode, just play those. Most people do not want a Battle Royale mode, at all. I think it would be a complete waste of time, no matter how you decide you should describe it.

I'm pretty sure Battle Royale as a genre should just be deleted from existense.  NTY. 

Also look at other times DE has gone ahead and hopped on bandwagons. 

Flappy Bird = Flappy Zephyr = nobody cares. 
Rocket League = Lunaro = nobody cares and one of the worst updates in WF history. 

These are just two example of why DE should never follow trends.  Not only is it shameful, but DE really isn't good at copying others, and it's not why people play Warframe.  If you want Battle Royale you have several games to play.  The reason Warframe is great is because it's not like other games.  

A couple problems with a BR mode in Warframe is 

1- matches are hosted by the players, meaning nobody would be able to host 100 players. Some people (myself included) even struggle with one or two players 😞

2- the power level differences between new and endgame players are astronomical, which is why mods are banned in conclave atm.

If I wanted to play a game that isn't warframe I'd play that game that isn't warframe. Smaller stuff like the streetfighter clone I'm 100% down for, but an update that large for warframes extremely small PVP playerbase? That's just a waste of resources. And there's over 10 options other than warframe if you want battle royale, why join that market that's already overdone and fleeting?

No thank you. I'd rather they just make Conclave a bit more interesting honestly. Get the basics done right, make it fun for Tenno, add some incentive to actually kill each other and you'll have a good foundation to work on towards other PvP game types... except for Battle Royale, that you can have Ordis toss it out the airlock.

I personally wouldn’t want to see a battle royal be added into Warframe. The biggest issue that would arrive is that how would DE handle a 100 players in one game-mode? It would likely fry their entire database if they actually went through with a 100 player mode. They could barely even handle 8 players with the raids. I seriously doubt a battle royal will be added into Warframe, it just doesn’t fit it at all. 

I agree with the others on the issues it would bring. Conclave should be worked around and give people the right motivation to play it. Or else, just take it out too and allow those resources somewhere else. Doubt BR would be that motive.

However, its an interesting idea nonetheless to work around if us Tenno would be able to defect from Lotus or the lore allow some kind of civil war, like bringing the tenno the same they've been bringing all along to the other factions. Not that the other factions don't "deserve it", but who knows who was about to leave their way of life the moment we launched our attack in the ship or facility. But I digress.

Maybe back then when Battle Roayle was the novelty this could work. E3 however is giving more of that rice and there's already plenty of paid and free alternatives, some on early access. A BR mode for just a niche is not worth it. If that's so, just bring raids back and fixed since PVE its the focus.

The sheer quantity of negative responses to this is fascinating...  In the Conclave area, the idea was fairly received (as it has been proposed in the past).  I really have to wonder what it is about PvE players that make them so closed to PvP ideas...up to even being upset about the idea, much less the mere mention, of PvP in Warframe.

9 minutes ago, Nighttide77 said:

The sheer quantity of negative responses to this is fascinating...  In the Conclave area, the idea was fairly received (as it has been proposed in the past).  I really have to wonder what it is about PvE players that make them so closed to PvP ideas...up to even being upset about the idea, much less the mere mention, of PvP in Warframe.

In the concalve area.  You'll find that's the difference right there.  The vast, vast majority of players in this game don't give a S#&$ about PVP and would rather see DE delete it than continue waste time and resources on it.   Most of us already don't like Conclave - so we aren't going to positively receive any addition to it.  

WF is a PVE centric game and PVP adds literally nothing to the experience for most of us.  DE had the right idea by separating the balance of PVP and PVE but that also came with the problem of the fact that now your progression in one mode doesn't affect the other.  What's the point of investing time into the 1% of the game that is PVP, if it has no bearing in the 99% of the game that is PVE? 

If they cut Conclave out one day, I'm sure the majority of the playerbase wouldn't lose sleep over it.  PVP is way too niche in this game for anybody to get behind expanding it.  It doesn't have a big or meaningful presence to players, and every iteration of PVP since this game released has been a critical failure.  I think most people recognize that and can't understand why it still goes on, it's not what the majority want - only a very small subset of players play Conclave - only a small subset of players even want it.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

wow i expected negative but not seething hatred i simply proposed an idea. warframe is a great pve game but loses alot of players to the grind i simply come up w a mode to try to attract the current crowd. i personally contrary to the popular mindset of pretty much every one like pvp in warframe it is incredibly fast pace and yet forgiving if played w the right strategy but it being seperated from the game entirely is a downfall it should be don by mastery rank no one w the same mastery rank is gonna be that much more powerful  than anyone of similar mastery rank. equipment being locked behind masery rank evens the playing field a ton