Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Happy Pride Month Y'all!

(PSN)OverlordMikey

I'm all for people wanting to be who they want to be and loving who they want to love, but even though acceptance is being garnered for people of your creed a topic of this theme is bound to gather negative attention. It's inherent for the Internet, no matter where you go.

Be happy with yourself and live/love like you like, doesn't matter if you like men/women or both, in my eyes you only got one life.
Best not screw it up. Cheers.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

3 minutes ago, (PS4)OverlordMikey said:

You never know - I've gotten death threats in the past and have seen worse directed towards friends better to nip this in the bud now.

So have I, even had people suicide bait me and i've laughed at them because its all bark and no bite.

But the warframe community sending death threats? Please. Most i've seen is people just complain on the forums they can't say things in the chat or the occasional offensive post but actually going out there way to attack a user? Thats not like people here. Likely because this isn't anonymous either and actual death threats could be reported to the police by DE themselves if they wanted.

Edited by Vilemyre

1 minute ago, Legion-Shields said:

The whole point of this "movement" is to defy those who disagree with it. It's controversial by design. Anyone who pays attention to this sort of thing should understand the potential for up votes and views a thread like this is going to get. It's so easy to just say "oh, I didn't know" when the very idea behind such a movement exists for literally no other reason.

Is that why people are mad? Because their bullS#&$ is being called? Huh. Maybe I don't feel bad about the dust ups I've been involved in concerning this sort of thing. 

3 minutes ago, Vilemyre said:

So have I, even had people suicide bait me and i've laughed at them because its all bark and no bite.

But the warframe community sending death threats? Please.

Not everyone is the same. I am not only worried about myself.

And you never know what someone is willing to do. I don't know the community that well and I doubt you know every member that well either.

Edit: No, no one in the warframe community specifically has sent me death threats - I'm just nervous. Plus I suffer from medical depression and anxitiy so suicide baiting and stuff actually has real world consequences for me.

Edited by (PS4)OverlordMikey

Just now, (PS4)OverlordMikey said:

Not everyone is the same. I am not only worried about myself.

And you never know what someone is willing to do. I don't know the community that well and I doubt you know every member that well either.

Probably don't but you'd have to be a moron to even consider sending death threats in a forum where your information is recorded.

Besides if people wanted to actually hurt you. They'd do it without giving you a warning.

Just now, Vilemyre said:

Probably don't but you'd have to be a moron to even consider sending death threats in a forum where your information is recorded.

Besides if people wanted to actually hurt you. They'd do it without giving you a warning.

Lotta hateful morons out there - and people whose only goal is to frighten and intimidate.

1 minute ago, CupcakesMoo said:

But maybe we should start over and get back to the discussion at hand before this is broadcasted further than normal. 

Good idea. LGBTQ+ fanart and stuff would be nice - before this thread gets closed.

1 minute ago, (XB1)mickeyjuiceman said:

I think you've posted in the wrong forum - this is about Warframe, a video game. Or are you just after collecting as many outraged reactions to make you feel all important, and get to report people to the ever-willing-to-ban-people-on-this-and-related-subjects support team?

A) I already said I meant to post it in off-topic and accidentally posted it here.

B) I haven't reported anyone who posted in this topic. The only two I reported were in game.

C) I don't feel important - just irritated. Although that irritation is starting to turn into a sorta bemused pity that so many people apparently can't live in a world where ONE MAN asks for LGBTQ+ Warframe Fanart for Pride Month!

10 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

Is that why people are mad? Because their bullS#&$ is being called? Huh. Maybe I don't feel bad about the dust ups I've been involved in concerning this sort of thing. 

No, it's because this is a video game forum, so OP should at the very least feel embarrassed for being called out on trying to stir us up.

Edited by Legion-Shields

No, it's because this is a video game forum, so OP should at the very least feel embarrassed for being called out on trying to stir us up.

You stirred yourself up, sir. You should be embarrassed for having no self control. Now get back on topic or leave. 

Just now, Legion-Shields said:

See this is getting hilarious because I legit wasn't trying to stir anyone up - you stirred yerselves up. I only wanted one thing - fanart - wonderfully gay fanart!

2 minutes ago, Postal_pat said:

Pride Nidus or is it just Nidus undressing?

I will him Pridus! ❤️

Too long didnt read anything between page one and now but I will say happy LGBT+ Month to everyone!

A while back Volkovyi crafted an image for the Synergy contest using our warframes and I am happy to have been apart of that

http://the-liger-art.tumblr.com/post/148753767419/warframe-synergy-of-ice-and-will-inprnt-by

Have a good day, week, year, whatever ya want but do it happily

2 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

No, I think the conversation should stay right here. 

Nope, I disagree. If you are looking to derail this thread (which has been moved to Off Topic by @(PS4)OverlordMikey's request) then I will have to insist that you move the discussion to PMs as @CupcakesMoo suggests. If you continue to attempt to derail this thread of act disrespectfully towards other members of this community, moderation action will be taken.

Happy Pride all! 

No, I think the conversation should stay right here. 

Very well. For the audience, Legion-Shields is using tactics of an anti-gay group who causes trouble in threads like this simply to get them locked. It's an easy abuse of admin power because the admins tend to lock or delete threads instead of cleaning them up. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)S_J_West77 said:

So when's straight month where people celebrate their freedom and choice.

bottom line you are in a relationship with another person. ...  Just like every other couple.

Don't need to forcibly add sexuality of any type into Warframe thanks.

You never read or even tried to understand, did you? Have straight people been abused, oppressed or illegalized as a whole majority? No. Get where I'm going with this or are you really that naive to understand how much the world has changed to when people were executed for being gay. Straight month makes no sense. End of discussion. 

1 hour ago, Jujuwa said:

When i saw the "time to educate you", you sounded arrogant

And to be honest, i think you're a troll.

How does me providing information about this serious event make me a troll? Sure, the bit of "time to educate you" might sound a little aggressive, but you can blame only yourself for reading it as me trolling. Grow up. Stop trying to start drama that wasn't originally there. Wow. 

I will add though, I'd like to keep the tone of this thread as celebratory as possible. I understand that not everyone on the forums will understand the complexities of a celebration like Pride and thus this might not be the best venue for education.