Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Happy Pride Month Y'all!

(PSN)OverlordMikey

10 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

I will add though, I'd like to keep the tone of this thread as celebratory as possible. I understand that not everyone on the forums will understand the complexities of a celebration like Pride and thus this might not be the best venue for education. 

Agreed - that's all I wanted - a chance to celebrate pride openly on the forum with other member of the Warframe community (and fanart ^_^). Thank you for moving the post too.

1 hour ago, Zeclem said:

well then. imma just say pride parades are stupid cus its celebrating something normal as if its something extraordinary. so by extention guess i'll find this month practise thing to be stupid as well.

People are still being bullied, abused and even killled because they're part of the LGBTQ+ community. This is why we still need pride.

11 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

You never read or even tried to understand, did you? Have straight people been abused, oppressed or illegalized as a whole majority? No. Get where I'm going with this or are you really that naive to understand how much the world has changed to when people were executed for being gay. Straight month makes no sense. End of discussion. 

To be fair though having a whole month of anything doesn't make much sense other than having more time for marketing. One big day is much more favorable than constantly hearing the same thing for a month. It has the potential to agitate even those that take part.

8 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

I will add though, I'd like to keep the tone of this thread as celebratory as possible. I understand that not everyone on the forums will understand the complexities of a celebration like Pride and thus this might not be the best venue for education. 

A steady hand is all you need, maybe a good backhand too. The community is not averse to people having their own politics but in general they do like having Warframe and it's extensions be free from real-world politics and such.

So, Happy Pride Month to everyone celebrating...but what exactly is "Pride Art" in your eyes, OP?  I'm just trying to figure out what it is you're looking for.  Operators are children, so I don't think forcing sexuality on them seems appropriate...and the Warframes are more-or-less armors...so >.>  Just wondering what it is you're trying to find, respectfully.

Anyways, yup, hope the discussion stays civil.

I've never really cared for pride. I don't hate LGTB or anything (I'm kind of part of it I guess). I do understand how tough life can get by something that you can't really control. Words from society can hurt a lot. Don't let them bring you down, tenno. Whether you are straight, gay, trans, bi (woohoo!) or you suffer from any condition like Asperger (not-so-woohoo...) just remember to stay true to yourself – and if someone comes your way being a rude little s... – don't even try to make them understand, they don't want that, they just want to make you feel worthless. Ignore the hate and let them rot with their own insecurities.

This also gives me a chance to share this without causing (hopefully) any drama😂:

Credits to the owner!3e353bd6bfa5eb749fc298b40f4beda6.jpg

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

So, Happy Pride Month to everyone celebrating...but what exactly is "Pride Art" in your eyes, OP?  I'm just trying to figure out what it is you're looking for.  Operators are children, so I don't think forcing sexuality on them seems appropriate...and the Warframes are more-or-less armors...so >.>  Just wondering what it is you're trying to find, respectfully.

Anyways, yup, hope the discussion stays civil.

A) Lot's of kids are gay - I was a gay kid. Although Operator Artwork can be a little odd since they're created (although a cute picture of my Operator crushing Ordis would be cute and makes me wish I would draw).

B) That hasn't stopped people from drawing artwork for Warframes that treats them as people. Away from that -imagine a picture of Titania with her Razorflies soaring around her rainbow colored with the words Happy Pride 2018. That would be an example of LGBTQ+ art.

Or Darvo/Clem artwork - there is not enough Darvo/Clem artwork and everyone should feel ashamed of themselves for the lack of this! 😄

6 minutes ago, Lokime said:

I've never really cared for pride. I don't hate LGTB or anything (I'm kind of part of it I guess). I do understand how tough life can get by something that you can't really control. Words from society can hurt a lot. Don't let them bring you down, tenno. Whether you are straight, gay, trans, bi (woohoo!) or you suffer from any condition like Asperger (not-so-woohoo...) just remember to stay true to yourself – and if someone comes your way being a rude little s... – don't even try to make them understand, they don't want that, they just want to make you feel worthless. Ignore the hate and let them rot with their own insecurities.

This also gives me a chance to share this without causing (hopefully) any drama😂:

Credits to the owner!3e353bd6bfa5eb749fc298b40f4beda6.jpg

I don't think this is pride related in the slightest and Nehza is a guy so it wouldn't be gay, but I officially ship it. (Well that or I ship Wukong/Nezha)

Edited by (PS4)OverlordMikey

19 minutes ago, (PS4)OverlordMikey said:

Agreed - that's all I wanted - a chance to celebrate pride openly on the forum with other member of the Warframe community (and fanart ^_^). Thank you for moving the post too.

Hooray for visibility, and happy pride! There's a lot of whack suckas in videogaming these days, but so far DE's low tolerance of LGBTQIA+ bigotry is a breath of fresh air. Gay space ninjas are the best space ninjas.

29 minutes ago, ModernGreg said:

People are still being bullied, abused and even killled because they're part of the LGBTQ+ community. This is why we still need pride.

so you want those people to be kept bullied and harassed? cus thats what these parades are helping. go on. look to some homophobic site/forum/community and see what kind of material they use to justify their hatred and ignorance. parades are feeding into that. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)OverlordMikey said:

A) Lot's of kids are gay - I was a gay kid. Although Operator Artwork can be a little odd since they're created (although a cute picture of my Operator crushing Ordis would be cute and makes me wish I would draw).

B) That hasn't stopped people from drawing artwork for Warframes that treats them as people. Away from that -imagine a picture of Titania with her Razorflies soaring around her rainbow colored with the words Happy Pride 2018. That would be an example of LGBTQ+ art.

Or Darvo/Clem artwork - there is not enough Darvo/Clem artwork and everyone should feel ashamed of themselves for the lack of this! 😄

I appreciate the clarification.  I dunno, I kinda just think rainbow colors look cool, regardless of affiliation, buuuut not sure that it really celebrates freedom of expression.  That being said, I was just wondering how, without being explicit, one could exemplify their orientation via fan art.   PLEASE please understand I do NOT mean that to come across in a bigot-y way, at ALL. I just mean...I hug my guy friends.  Hell, my best friend and I will share an "I love you, bro!" once in awhile without any insecurities.  I'm not LBGTQ+ but I appreciate that love is something people should feel more free to communicate and share with each other, without labels, hatred, fear of persecution, etc.  

But, for purposes of this month, and this topic, if you'd like some rainbow fanart, I'm sadly rubbish at drawing, as well! xD but yeah, seeing some of those fashionframes WOULD be sorta cool!  Maybe we can post screenies of our personal fashionframes that fit that theme?  

2 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

so you want those people to be kept bullied and harassed? cus thats what these parades are helping. go on. look to some homophobic site/forum/community and see what kind of material they use to justify their hatred and ignorance. parades are feeding into that. 

Stop.  Hatred and fear feed hatred and fear. That works both ways, of course.  But people should be allowed to celebrate their lives...after all, we all only get one go at it.  It's a truly special and unique thing, so far as we can tell, in all the universe!  So...nothing to do with politics, or religion, or anything else with an "agenda".  The pride of being able to celebrate YOU, as you are, openly and without fear...that's something special.

One cannot celebrate freedom by confining it to a private room.  That defeats the purpose.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

I appreciate the clarification.  I dunno, I kinda just think rainbow colors look cool, regardless of affiliation, buuuut not sure that it really celebrates freedom of expression.  That being said, I was just wondering how, without being explicit, one could exemplify their orientation via fan art.   PLEASE please understand I do NOT mean that to come across in a bigot-y way, at ALL. I just mean...I hug my guy friends.  Hell, my best friend and I will share an "I love you, bro!" once in awhile without any insecurities.  I'm not LBGTQ+ but I appreciate that love is something people should feel more free to communicate and share with each other, without labels, hatred, fear of persecution, etc.  

But, for purposes of this month, and this topic, if you'd like some rainbow fanart, I'm sadly rubbish at drawing, as well! xD but yeah, seeing some of those fashionframes WOULD be sorta cool!  Maybe we can post screenies of our personal fashionframes that fit that theme?  

There is a way of framing art that makes romantic or such intent more clear. I guess it's kinda hard to explain to someone who isn't LGBTQ+ to some extent. Rainbows are just a good indicator because it's so ingrained in the public conscious.

Maybe I'm a bit of a sterotype, but I'd love to see people's pride color fashionframe

Just now, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Stop.  Hatred and fear feed hatred and fear. That works both ways, of course.  But people should be allowed to celebrate their lives...after all, we all only get one go at it.  It's a truly special and unique thing, so far as we can tell, in all the universe!  So...nothing to do with politics, or religion, or anything else with an "agenda".  The pride of being able to celebrate YOU, as you are, openly and without fear...that's something special.

One cannot celebrate freedom by confining it to a private room.  That defeats the purpose.

thats an awfully naive method of seeing life. im sorry but lgbt people arent special for being lgbt, parades arent celebrating those individuals that actually need to be celebrated, and the stuff that often happens in those parades are very much used to gather hate towards the community, even towards the ones that dont even go to parades. 

and on top of all that, if you want lgbt to be treated like normal people, then parades also help prevent that from happening. straight people dont go out there and make "straight pride" do they? no, cus its not something special. your sexuality does not make you special. 

Just now, (PS4)OverlordMikey said:

There is a way of framing art that makes romantic or such intent more clear. I guess it's kinda hard to explain to someone who isn't LGBTQ+ to some extent. Rainbows are just a good indicator because it's so ingrained in the public conscious.

Maybe I'm a bit of a sterotype, but I'd love to see people's pride color fashionframe

Many of my dearest friends are LBGTQ+ so I sorta "get it".  I'm happy for others' happiness and freedoms.   Nothin' but love here, I assure you!

I'll get to work on one right away! 😮

Just now, Zeclem said:

thats an awfully naive method of seeing life. im sorry but lgbt people arent special for being lgbt, parades arent celebrating those individuals that actually need to be celebrated, and the stuff that often happens in those parades are very much used to gather hate towards the community, even towards the ones that dont even go to parades. 

and on top of all that, if you want lgbt to be treated like normal people, then parades also help prevent that from happening. straight people dont go out there and make "straight pride" do they? no, cus its not something special. your sexuality does not make you special. 

Okay ya know what - if ya don't care so much can you PLEASE just go away? All yer doing is being obnoxious and we're trying to enjoy ourselves.

1 minute ago, Zeclem said:

I want lgbt people to be treated like normal people because they ARE normal people.  The point is of putting it all out there so much is partially so that it hopefully becomes accepted as normal.  You don't get there by stuffing people back in a closet.

That's like telling someone of different race who is dealing with bigotry "Just shut your mouth when talking to the white man and keep the status quo and everything will be fine".   That's not tolerance, that's obedience. that's slavery...and that's wrong.