Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Happy Pride Month Y'all!

(PSN)OverlordMikey

3 hours ago, (PS4)OverlordMikey said:

Yeah, usually has huge gatherings of LGBTQ+ people of different types and we talk about heroes passed and victories won. I mean more so than usual. It's a time to celebrate our triumphs and look forward to the future.

Well I live on an island where the community is unaccepted.

(A lot of people here will pretend like they accept it, but dig a bit deeper and you realize they don't)

So outside of tv I dont see it happening.

Am I allowed to be proud of being Straight and Mixed Race?

I used to get some lovely comments from certain people affiliated with the A Gays in Birmingham, AL - "breeders" was the perjorative of choice back then.

Also had a gun pointed at me by one particularly... let's call him "strongly convicted" former Navy dad who insisted that his daughter "won't date no Mexican."

If some kind of "Pride Month" is going to be a thing for any group identity, then it should be equally open to members of all groups and not limited only to a few. If we're being honest, every person belongs to an infinitely expansive list of minority groups. What's more, the ultimate minority is the individual, so how about we instead make ourselves into people worth being celebrated on our own personal merit?

This group-based pride stuff doesn't seem to be particularly helpful in moving forward any of the important conversations re: informed acceptance of the "other" and the "strange." One of its biggest weaknesses is that it doesn't leave sufficient room for people to choose to be accepting of different lifestyles. It instead paints the issue as something people will be forced to accept, or else face the consequences. Framed in those terms, it wouldn't surprise me at all if people got angry - they feel unheard. Ironic.

It was my neighbor's birthday last week. Can you believe the bastard actually dared to celebrate his birthday and throw a party? How dared he. Birthdays are nothing special. Everyone has them. What makes him think he is so unique that he should be celebrated or should be proud that he became a year older? He could have just thrown a general party celebrating all of us in the neighborhood, but no, it always has to be all about him and his birthday. What's up with that? Nobody celebrates their birthdays, right?

24 minutes ago, Snyphurr said:

If the B in LGBT stands for bisexual, doesn't that means there are only two genders?

23 minutes ago, Snyphurr said:

If I received a coin for every existing gender, I'd have two cents

That is not what that means and please go away. I am now reporting people who come in to harass us.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)OverlordMikey said:

claim not to care

Surely ''not caring'' is the greatest reaction anyone can give? Not making a big deal, not expressing discontent, simply accepting that you are what you are and having no opinion beyond that.

Perhaps that's just the way I see it, I don't care who you are or what you enjoy, I see you as a human and anything beyond that is irrelevant.

*Shrug* Happy Pride Month.

Edited by DeMonkey

15 minutes ago, (PS4)OverlordMikey said:

That is not what that means and please go away. I am now reporting people who come in to harass us.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)OverlordMikey said:

What I wanted from this post: Happy Pride, let's share stories and pics and become a closer community. It's nice to know I'm not the only LGBTQ+ person in Warframe!

What I got: Ewwww gays, let's harass them, claim not to care, and be awful then whine that they're the problem!

Your understanding of what constitutes harassment seems to be missing a thing or two.

If I were you, I'd be wary of trivializing that term when you and I both know that people can and do suffer far worse than contrary or unpleasant opinions on a website.

If you care about constructive discussion, and not just having a bash at someone who feels/thinks differently than you do, please be careful about watering down the concept of harassment. That would end badly for us all.

1 minute ago, notlamprey said:

Your understanding of what constitutes harassment seems to be missing a thing or two.

If I were you, I'd be wary of trivializing that term when you and I both know that people can and do suffer far worse than contrary or unpleasant opinions on a website.

If you care about constructive discussion, and not just having a bash at someone who feels/thinks differently than you do, please be careful about watering down the concept of harassment. That would end badly for us all.

Except there's already been a developer on this thread several time telling you this is not a place for "constructive" discussion. This is a thread for saying "Happy Pride Month" and nothing more. If you can't say that, then just leave it alone. 

2 minutes ago, IElitePredatorI said:

Happy Lion Pride Month! May these big cats be celebrated for the truly majestic creatures they are.

African-Lion-Pride.jpg

You mean happy gay pride month:

gay-lions-1.jpg?w968h681

Edited by rune_me

6 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Except there's already been a developer on this thread several time telling you this is not a place for "constructive" discussion. This is a thread for saying "Happy Pride Month" and nothing more. If you can't say that, then just leave it alone. 

Oh my, you're right. I don't know whether to be more concerned or disappointed on comments like that.

If "Pride Month" is going to be about arbitrary exclusion according to a select community of those who have been ordained as "capable of understanding its complexities," then I can't support it.

I'd support a holiday that was more about genuine acceptance and inclusion, but evidently that is not the holiday we're looking at. That's a pity.

6 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

I'd support a holiday that was more about genuine acceptance and inclusion, but evidently that is not the holiday we're looking at. That's a pity.

Fortunately your support or lack thereof is entirely inconsequential. We gettin' our freak on, regardless.

13 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

Oh my, you're right. I don't know whether to be more concerned or disappointed on comments like that.

If "Pride Month" is going to be about arbitrary exclusion according to a select community of those who have been ordained as "capable of understanding its complexities," then I can't support it.

4 hours ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Hey guys, as I said, I want this thread to be celebratory. If you want to have in-depth arguments about the nature of Pride, please do that in PMs or on another platform. As I have already stated, this is not the best venue for education or argument. If you find the thread not to your liking, please kindly move on.

[DE]Aidan 

9 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

If it was strictly about people thinking or feeling differently, there wouldn't be a problem--or at least there'd be less of one. What we have are people fundamentally not understanding the purpose of the thread and stopping to chime in with variants of "Where's mine?" To use a conventional forum example, if I started a thread about Ember problems, I would be (understandably, I think) irate if people came in asking "But what about Mag?" or "What about Wukong?" or whatever else, because that isn't the point of the thread. Is it, at that point, my fault for not making a thread that includes those other things? Or would it be the posters' fault for knowing they were looking for the discussion they wanted in the wrong place and coming in anyway? Personally, I think it's the latter.

Also, harassment doesn't always mean personal space being invaded or lives being threatened.

12 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

Perhaps I'm speaking out of place, seeing as I'm not a gay man myself, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say, as many others have already, that it's not about arbitrary exclusion of any kind, so much as it is about celebrating an underrepresented, frequently misunderstood, and very often abused subset of the global community. If you feel like there's something else you want celebrated instead, that's also fine, but that probably belongs in another thread. If you don't see what the big deal is, or don't care, then fine; move on. Nobody's excluding you at that point; you are willfully excluding yourself.

As much as this pride month thing is a good thing, it doesn't necessarily need to be represented in a video game forum. I am personally all for it if you need to verify with the world that you can demonstrate your identity. In all honesty not here though....

I and others who forum camp, shouldn't have to see this show up in the activity feed.

2 minutes ago, GuezMan said:

As much as this pride month thing is a good thing, it doesn't necessarily need to be represented in a video game forum. I am personally all for it if you need to verify with the world that you can demonstrate your identity. In all honesty not here though....

I and others who forum camp, shouldn't have to see this show up in the activity feed.

That's not your call apparently, and everyone's invited. We're just celebrating life and the fact we get to live it our way 

Golden State Warriors are having a massive parade soon. I'm not a basketball fan, but I'll allow it.