Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Happy Pride Month Y'all!

(PSN)OverlordMikey

16 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

If it's supposed to be a celebration, then go celebrate. As things stand, I'm seeing people say things that give off the appearance of pretending to take some kind of moral high road, while engaging in tit-for-tat exchanges. We can be better than that.

The thread is titled "Happy Pride Month Y'all!" and this-

It's pride month. A time when we LGBTQ+ peeps celebrate our sexuality in the face a derision and scorn of certain hateful types.

Well we are proud 24/7 this is the month we have parades and really let loose and tell the hateful people in our lives we're gonna live out and proud dangit!

And personally I'm not gonna let all the terrible things that have happened to me due to bigoted crap in my life get me down!

Personally, I'd love to see some Pride Warframe Fanart! (I can't draw)

-was the opening post. If it degraded into tit-for-tat exchanges, maybe that's because the overwhelming response for the first page or two was hostility, and hostility tends to do this weird thing where it creates more hostility. Some of the blame for that can be put on the thread accidentally being posted in the wrong subforum, but not all of it. Chastising people for getting antsy because other people are actively and often aggressively missing the point is just...I don't know. It strikes me as a little backwards.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

I find it amusing how you think facts are harassment. Saying that there are only 2 genders is not harassment, its just a fact. Idk why you think you will get acceptance while being openly hostile to straight people and expecting them to completely ignore it. Happy pride month though.

Not to be pedantic, but there aren't only two genders. There are only two sexes--for humans, anyway--but that's biology; gender is psychological, and psychologists have known for quite some time now that it's much more fluid than a simple binary state. Unfortunately, humans like things in simple terms, and male/female are the most common and most recognizable gender constructs, so...that's what most people get taught, or at least were taught.

The more you know, etc.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)Vagnar:

Well, obviously it's a way for individuals to express themselves better. We're all unique and admittedly I've never been a fan of overcomplicating it myself either, but that doesn't invalidate the psychology behind it.

Everyone being unique doesn't mean you're of another gender. It's just your personality. You don't need some gender to justify your manners, behavior, or anything.

Strength and joy for everyone - please celebrate responsibly!

And if you are one of those people who don't want this kind of celebration "pushed onto you", stop reading, stop posting, and move on. Nobody is forcing you to read and respond to every single thread or post. The fun thing about internet is that you can pick and choose what discussions you take part in. This one is for celebration, so leave the negative attitude outside. If you wish to argue or debate genders or sexes or what pride or parades mean, this isn't the right place - there's plenty of educationary content in the internet.

1 hour ago, Datsher said:

Everyone being unique doesn't mean you're of another gender. It's just your personality. You don't need some gender to justify your manners, behavior, or anything.

Fair is fair. It's just a semantics argument for some. For others it's important. I'll respect it as long as you respect that it matters to others.

Just now, (PS4)the-creeperman said:

I don't have any Warframe themed LBGT fan art to post..

..but I do have some pics of Kirk and Spock together with their shirts off... for 20 plat each..

..heheh..

Kirk is the poster boy for pansexuals.

1 hour ago, bunnygeddon said:

So if I say “your mom gay” is that a compliment here? Or will you guys still respond with “no u”? 

no u

Happy pride month! don't have any fanart on me, sadly. What are your favourite 'frame ships? (probably gay ships, to keep in theme with the thread)

18 minutes ago, Ealonex said:

no u

Happy pride month! don't have any fanart on me, sadly. What are your favourite 'frame ships? (probably gay ships, to keep in theme with the thread)

Mag Prime and Titania. 

Mag Prime and Nidus.

Mag Prime and Banshee.

Mag Prime and Hentoid.

Mag Prime and Titania and Excalibur. 

Mag Prime and Banshee and Nidus.

Mag Prime and WuKong and Equinox.

Edited by MagPrime

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Mag Prime and Titania. 

Mag Prime and Nidus.

Mag Prime and Banshee.

Mag Prime and Hentoid.

Hi,

you need help!

from a sane individual who ships nova and Mag Prime

Just now, Ealonex said:

Hi,

you need help!

from a sane individual who ships nova and Mag Prime

Greetings Sane Individual,

How sad and boring your life must be.

From a happily unstable individual who ships many combinations, for variety is the spice of life.

8 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Mag Prime and Titania. 

Mag Prime and Nidus.

Mag Prime and Banshee.

Mag Prime and Hentoid.

Where is the Valkyr ship!?

00c9cc965930ab2b907c3b5f580ea075.gif

I have to weigh in on the side of the "couldn't care less" group.

If you are trying to "normalise" something / make it accepted / mainstream / whatever...why make a big song and dance about it.

As others have said, "pride" gets shoved in our faces enough in real life. I play games to get away from RL and frankly couldn't care less what personal life choices people make. If anything, its their insistence on making such a big deal about it that I find highly irritating.

Far as I'm concerned, being gay or trans is nothing to be "proud" of...just like being straight is nothing to be especially proud of.

I find the whole notion of celebrating simply being what/who you are to be utterly baffling.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

I can't wait to see all the fashion frames on display at Larunda(?) relay on the 15th if that's still on.

I for one would love to see some ExcalXExcal Prime/Umbra primeXUmbra fan art. With that whole quest coming to PC this week.

Edited by LupisV0lk

20 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

If you are trying to "normalise" something / make it accepted / mainstream / whatever...why make a big song and dance about it.

That's not what pride is about. Not everything is about you, not everything involves you. Novel concept, I know.