Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Exalted Weapons + Limbo: A Quick Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

25 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

EDIT: also FYI just so you don't attack me for being a casual as well, I've done 5x3 caps it's not a big deal, but just as I said above, having all arcanes and focus maxed before the tridolons even existed gives me no incentive to hunt them PERIOD.

You have 700 kills he has 20.. BIG difference. I agree if you have everything maxed there are no incentives... maybe only selling arcane energizes which is why I keep doing them... but that guy I was quoting most def does NOT have every arcane and every focus... maybe arcanes if he bought thousands of plat, but focus cannot be bought. Just /profile hisusername and you'll see he is far from what your profile is. In any case, my main point still stands... the limbo change only makes him easier to play.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)VanTX89 said:

Stasis doesn't have a reducing radius but Cataclysm does. Stasis isn't affected by range mods. 

good point but lets be honest, 99% of the time it's the two together so it's an easy 'mistake' to make lol

I'd like to know, when you say "Allies" does that include Limbo himself, in the same way as Ember's Flash Accel?  If it doesn't include Limbo himself, doesn't that just mean while playing solo or while in a bubble alone, he just has a shorter duration stasis, and nothing else changes?  So a nerf while playing alone and an insane buff with a coordinated team?  

Also, with this change, at what point is the Grineer faction going to even matter?  Level 200?  300?  I can see the problems with toxic ancients, corpus nulls and corrupted nulls.  

I'm not missing something obvious am I?

Am I the only one here that "AAAAAA DE what have you done?" to limbo's changes? Now, you guys need to know, if you have a tiberon prime with riven, 15 seconds is enough. If you have 4 people in the cataclysm tell me the situation where you have problem to kill all enemies in 15 seconds (if modded properly might be 20+seconds). If you are solo yourself, that's the consequence. If you think that 30 seconds and no freeze bullet thingy is not OP, then you will have to play limbo a little bit more.

Now Nullifiers, what is the problem actually? You just go to the bubble and kill the nullifiers and then go back to rift plain... Or you can do your own playstyle, it's not limbo's fault that you guys having trouble with enemies, literally.

I am not againts it, but also i need DE to consider way a bit more about this stasis change. I 100% agree with duration nerf, it making the limbo more balanced 

I'm really happy to hear that Diwata is getting tweaked. One of my main problems with Razorwing was that it invariably meant switching to an inferior melee weapon; keeping in mind the earlier balance pass on most weapons, I'm confident this will go over well.

Regarding Titania as a whole, I ask for a usability pass to accompany the listed changes. Faster animations, castable while moving, and so on. I would prefer a larger rework, but there are obviously bigger things to worry about right now.

Thanks so much for all the hard work you guys do at DE.

Just now, Amphous said:

Please dont ruin Limbo, you can shorten the time of his abilitys but dont remove the full freeze for everything but melee its what makes him unique why would you want to change that?

Because crybabies cried on the forums for ages for this to be removed and DE listened to them, like they did with every single nerf ever issued (well except maybe 1 or two that actually needed fixing)

21 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

How exactly is the stasis change a nerf?

Lets think about this.

Pop Stasis then cataclysm. Shoot everything dead with literally no chance of dying. 

Shorter duration, yes, but this isn't an issue.

Also. For those of you that don't understand how unbelievably powerful stasis is after this change.

You can be in the rift, create mini cataclysms with max duration builds, at distance, and lock enemies in them with stasis while you stand far away icing them with explosive weaponry, snipers, bows or whatever else you want.

A very effective way to play limbo is to use mini cataclysms as a way of pulling enemies into the rift without leaving the rift (since they nerfed Banish for serving this purpose). 

In summary:

Shorter Duration = NERF (not a big deal, but still - it's a nerf.. oh and there was a nice way of trolling with limbo [possible only with really long duration] and you don't know about it)

3 minutes ago, Orfeusz said:

In summary:

Shorter Duration = NERF (not a big deal, but still - it's a nerf.. oh and there was a nice way of trolling with limbo [possible only with really long duration] and you don't know about it)

Limbo is my favourite frame, hes a great glass cannon CC frame and now he might as well just be vauban 2.0. I hope this nerf dosent actually happen you shouldent cave into peoples discrimination.

While i think make limbo more cooperative with other player is good thing,i feel like remove his abilty to freeze bullet and shortern duration of his ability is a bad idea especially when his theme is time and space.I know quite number of limbo player who really like line up bullet and let them out in one go.

If i were to suggest,i would suggest that make so that limbo stasis freeze bullet of individual player and if that player wish to unfreeze their own bullet,they have to roll,kind of similar to how banish work currently.

or make so that limbo can choose to freeze his own bullet.

On behalf of all Limbos everywhere, let me suggest the following two options:
Either,
A) Have it to where Limbos can CHOOSE whether or not Stasis still affects his own projectiles. (this would be a separate option).
or
B) Have it not affect projectiles, and create an augment mod for Stasis that allows projectiles to be frozen, and gives them a buff based on the amount of time they were held frozen in Stasis.

1 minute ago, Cascoath said:

B) Have it not affect projectiles, and create an augment mod for Stasis that allows projectiles to be frozen, and gives them a buff based on the amount of time they were held frozen in Stasis.

I'd pretty much love this! (I'm assuming you mean only "our" bullets stay frozen and not your teammates, because since the whole point of the workshop is to address the whole cooperative issues players have.) I pretty much really enjoyed the mechanic, so having it at least as an Augment that only affects your own projectiles and no one else's would be great!

8 minutes ago, Orfeusz said:

In summary:

Correction: Shorter duration with no boost = nerf

What we're looking at is shorter duration and an entirely new way to use the ability. 

This is a huge BOOST to both team dynamics AND general Limbo use.

It also opens up additional ways to use cataclysm that were not possible before. Overall it is a huge boost. 

Maintaining stasis, even with a shorter duration, is not a problem considering how fast limbo regenerates energy.

So they cater to the bad Limbo players and the people that complain about Limbo...

What will happen when they complain about limbo Banishing every enemy and no one else can hit them? Or when they complain about not being able to pick up stuff inside bubble or hack consoles? Will they just make Limbo and anyone he banishes go on another plane where only limbo and banished enemies exist?

Just make Limbo automatically and permanently put the game in SOLO mode while you are it DE.

Just now, Schn1tt3r said:

So they cater to the bad Limbo players and the people that complain about Limbo...

What will happen when they complain about limbo Banishing every enemy and no one else can hit them? Or when they complain about not being able to pick up stuff inside bubble or hack consoles? Will they just make Limbo and anyone he banishes go on another plane where only limbo and banished enemies exist?

Just make Limbo automatically and permanently put the game in SOLO mode while you are it DE.

Read the post directly above yours.

Without going into further detail. This is a big boost to Limbo general use, team play, and overall effectiveness.

All I am reading in your post is why Limbo (having nothing to do with the changes suggested in this workshop) isn't your favorite frame. 

Allow Titania to fly without the cost of energy. Only fly, nothing more. I'm ready and willing to use my personal weapon. And to resort to the sublime if the situation requires. And he accepted the impossibility of activating terminals and other things while we were in a small form. But the flight is an important part that has to be constantly interrupted. Switching game mode is fun, but not when you get kicked out for lack of energy. Thanks for understanding.

And I'm still waiting for the frames with archwing mechanics. May be using existing archwing.

8 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Read the post directly above yours.

Without going into further detail. This is a big boost to Limbo general use, team play, and overall effectiveness.

All I am reading in your post is why Limbo (having nothing to do with the changes suggested in this workshop) isn't your favorite frame. 

Limbo IS my favorite frame. What I am saying, if you learned to read, is that complains got his freeze bullets changed. When people (not me) complain about other things, such as not being able to hit enemies that limbo banishes... will they change his banish too?

EDIT: I am not saying this change is a NERF, I am saying it makes Limbo easier to play and LESS FUN. I rather a NERF than less fun.

Archived