Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Exalted Weapons + Limbo: A Quick Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

Super excited about the Limbo changes, but while we're looking at him, there's something about Rift Surge that still doesn't make sense.

Killing a Surged enemy transfers the surge to an enemy outside the Rift. I've asked many Limbo mains about this and none have been able to explain the purpose of this rule. Playing him for a long time, I can't fathom its use either. It seems completely counterintuitive to his playstyle, because it forces him to leave the Rift to banish the enemy, reenter the Rift, and then either banish them again or kill them to begin the cycle anew. 

Can we please have it transfer to Rift bound enemies?

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

And Limbo...

Limbo is one of the most complex Warframes - he's more polarizing than a lifetime supply of Forma! He is also one of the most consistently used. The power to stop-time completely is quite strong - but is it cooperative when weapons are affected? Certainly with a coordinated team and well-trained Limbo, the answer is yes. But that's not always the case.

To put Limbo's Stasis in a more cooperative position, it has been changed to only stop-time for Enemies. Limbo's gear and all Ally gear will continue to function. But, because complete time-halting for enemies within the Rift is akin to godly power, the duration of the ability has been shortened overall - from base 30 seconds to 15 seconds. This is of course affected by Mods.

This feels pretty great in testing, requiring more attention if you have Mods that negatively impact Duration, while also allowing free weapon use. We will be monitoring this change closely to see if further tweaks are needed. Expert Limbo players who can easily traverse Rifting will have no trouble with this Duration change.

As a limbo player who uses that frame in every single mission, may I suggest adding like a duration cap instead of halving the duration like that? Sure it won't be any problem killing stuff but defense and mobile defense missions will be a bit screwed. This change would be okay if his cataclysm did more damage at higher levels then we can build for strength but Limbo as he is now isn't worth building for higher strength at above 50-60 missions. So I feel a duration cap of 60-70 seconds would be much better especially for people who pick up limbo for the first time. 

ALSO PLEASE GIVE US OUR JOJO REFERENCE. Make it so that stassis only affects Limbo's weapons and ignores allies. And leave allies out of the while using cataclysm. We already have banish for that and I feel that's repetitive. Also we don't want anymore salt in our rift.

Thanks!

If you guys really want to change stasis, how about this -

using stasis (and/or holding stasis button) will stop all incoming bullets and projectiles(including allied bullets) from the direction stasis was cast while slowing/stopping the enemies (at a shorter range) inside rift. (Limbo doesn't have to be in rift to stop bullets/enemies in rift; Limbo might be slowed/fixed into one position if holding button is required; proper visual update to ability required for allied awareness about which direction is blocking bullets)

As augment (already suggested by many), let limbo stop his own projectiles/bullets.

As an alternative to getting rid of the projectile halting effect of stasis, how about we instead restrict allied access to the rift. Because personally, when I'm playing Limbo, I try to avoid letting my squad into the rift, as such I've begun minimizing my use of cataclysm to only mass rift surge banishment. My idea would be to restrict squad mates' access to the rift to either being banished directly into the rift, or accessing the rift by rolling while in cataclysm. Basically what I mean is, if and only if an ally was inside the cataclysm bubble, then said ally be able to would roll to enter/leave the rift just like Limbo does normally. The way I see it, this makes it possible for the rest of the squad to enjoy the safety and benefits of the cataclysm bubble on their terms.

The way I saw stasis was as something that gave me a lot of freedom at the price of losing the immediate use of my primary and secondary weapons. Without that, I feel like the ability would be somewhat lacking in substance. As for the duration change; yeah, I saw that coming a mile away, right about the time I realized I could freeze enemies for over a full minute at a time. That's reasonable.

BTW: While we're looking at Limbo's viability in team play, could we grant Limbo and his squad the ability to interact with environmental objects while in the rift? Or at least under cataclysms effects? Because while it's not a huge issue it is a bit of a nuisance.

1 hour ago, ljmadruga said:

We will. They’ll notice when we don’t buy the PA.

i have gotten the last two PAs... this is the first one that will have a frame i already have fully developed in my arsenal.. i wont but simply because i already have a well Formaed Limbo and... well i have EVERY OTHER farmable frame so it gives me something to farm again.

i have argued for this for ages.... there are Two major problems with Limbo.. A: Rift Mechanics prevent allies from killing and gives them no ways to act on enemies in certain situations.. B: Stasis Prevents a Third of gameplay from working.

this solves one issue and allows Limbo to use full sized Cataclysms without annoying teammates.. you can use Rift Surge to keep enemies in the rift and under of the effects stasis as the bubble contracts, meaning as long as allies stand in the bubble they can attack pretty much as much as they want..

There are a lot of "instantly CCs enemies" that enter a radius abilities, but none that prevents any damage from outside affecting players inside... Cataclysm will go from "stay inside and use melee without worry" to "just fight in the bubble to be safe.

as it is, Cataclysm outlasts Stasis with its Augment. I love that Augment, and i have had a bubble last more than 5x the duration of Stasis... let me tell you its Really easy to recast inside the bubble with a quick double tap of the Ability button.... Stasis is super fast compaired to Cataclysm when it comes to casting, with the full dispel and reactivation only lasting roughly a second.

quite frankly, if it means i can use my guns freely as can allies without BREAKING STASIS RANDOMLY BECAUSE SOMEONE IS USING A BEAM WEAPON OR ARCA PLASMOR then i am perfectly fine with stasis only lasting 45s with 300% duration (which is still pretty crazy).

also, this does give us a good Augment for stasis, as the Bullet pause would be a good Augment as long as it only affects limbos rounds.

The Limbo change is welcome, though there is room for more quality-of-life improvement for him - like allowing allies within Affinity Range of him to freely shift in and out of the Rift (instead of being reliant on his Banishes or portals), or removing collision between affected targets on opposite sides of the Rift.

Please don't nerf limbo duration , don't listen to people who never play limbo and doesn't know that u can use melee weapons inside the rift. 

The cast time is very high ,energy cost is high , he is a glass frame and will die in 1 hit. 

Please do something like able to shoot inside the bubble for enemies stuck inside it but new enemies won't enter the rift. so players will need to get our of rift to kill and u won't need to nerf his duration. Also the range decrease with time is also bad if u remove the duration.

Pls leave limbo alone

1 hour ago, Potatrobot said:

Super excited about the Limbo changes, but while we're looking at him, there's something about Rift Surge that still doesn't make sense.

Killing a Surged enemy transfers the surge to an enemy outside the Rift. I've asked many Limbo mains about this and none have been able to explain the purpose of this rule. Playing him for a long time, I can't fathom its use either. It seems completely counterintuitive to his playstyle, because it forces him to leave the Rift to banish the enemy, reenter the Rift, and then either banish them again or kill them to begin the cycle anew. 

Can we please have it transfer to Rift bound enemies?

It is your while in rift pull other targets into rift ability. Targets of rift surge can't be in the non rift plane as it triggers a radial banish on them and friends around them to rift the instant they get rift surge or have it on and are not in the rift plane.

So essentially you banish or cataclysm one or multiple targets, rift surge, kill them, and it transfers to closest non rifted enemy and cast a radial banish pulling them and targets in a area around them into the rift plane, allowing you to stay in the rift without leaving.  You can also force targets out of rift to trigger it with banish or by shutting off cataclysm triggering each target ejected out to do a radial banish kicking them and their friends back to the rift.

19 minutes ago, cagamer said:

Please don't nerf limbo duration , don't listen to people who never play limbo and doesn't know that u can use melee weapons inside the rift. 

The cast time is very high ,energy cost is high , he is a glass frame and will die in 1 hit. 

Please do something like able to shoot inside the bubble for enemies stuck inside it but new enemies won't enter the rift. so players will need to get our of rift to kill and u won't need to nerf his duration. Also the range decrease with time is also bad if u remove the duration.

Pls leave limbo alone

1: Nobody asked for stasis to get nerfed like that as I'm aware.

2: You're assuming that everyone wants to use melee

3: You have other ways as Limbo of not dying

4: No, Cringebo had to go. It's being changed. Can it be changed further to not be this harsh? Sure. I was thinking 20 second base, that should be fine. It's surely not staying as is.

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Titania!

Can we also expect some buffs on Titania's #2 - Tribute?
Imo, it's too much of a hassle to keep on stacking souls while keeping track of 4 individual buff duration that provides minimal gain.
Really up to you if you feel the need to tweak the effects but we can probably at least start by removing the stacking conditions and just let us receive the full 5 soul stack.

ie: on Dust Aura
Instead of collecting 5 individual souls that gives 10% each and caps at 50% accuracy reduction,
A single soul should provide the full 50%.

bO56AfD.png

Pls consider this feedback/suggestion as not everyone likes to stick to a single exalted playstyle.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Godin_The_Killer said:

1: Nobody asked for stasis to get nerfed like that as I'm aware.

2: You're assuming that everyone wants to use melee

3: You have other ways as Limbo of not dying

4: No, Cringebo had to go. It's being changed. Can it be changed further to not be this harsh? Sure. I was thinking 20 second base, that should be fine. It's surely not staying as is.

that is 45 sec duration where u sacrifice 4 slots for  duration mods ,since u need to recast it a lot u need flow and efficiency,so on last two slot u need range mod  or u will lose  lot of range . You can only shoot the enemies inside the rift and the same people who complain about no able to use weapon inside the rift will still complain they cannot hit outside the rift.  

Ok, first of all: i'm reeeally not looking forward to the exalted weapon changes.. for crying out loud khora was enough of a pain in the ass with her kavat (all those wasted formas and time...)

And second: the hell? The main issue with limbo since day one was that you cannot pick jp loot while being in his rift. No one cares if you're able to shoot. Is it frustrating? Well, yeah, for sure. But not being able to interact with stuff and not being able to pick up ammo and resources has always been the No.1 reason why absolutely everybody despises limbo players in their team. And of course the fact that 2 limbos in a team screw themselfs over with his stasis.

EDIT: almost forgot about titania again.

Please rework her second ability. It's just never worth the hassle. Ever. Her 1st and 3rd are fine (except that enemies affected by it fly straight to the void if some aoe triggers nearby).

And please. For the love of the lotus, let us interact with objectives and doors and stuff while we're in her 4th. And please just let us vacuum stuff up. Even normal archwings can do that without even having a sentinel on them)

16 minutes ago, cagamer said:

that is 45 sec duration where u sacrifice 4 slots for  duration mods ,since u need to recast it a lot u need flow and efficiency,so on last two slot u need range mod  or u will lose  lot of range . You can only shoot the enemies inside the rift and the same people who complain about no able to use weapon inside the rift will still complain they cannot hit outside the rift.  

Nobody complains about shooting outside of the rift unless it's a terrible placement, in which case the Limbo hears the same roasting that a Frost or Gara hears for terrible placement. That's a personal problem.

Also, like I've said many time before, instead of complaining, how about you suggest a change that'll actually help. No, you can't be god anymore, deal with it.

Limbo was one of the best frames to do certain riven challenges COUGH5headshotswhileaimglidingCOUGH, so instead of removing that, why not just add a stasis augment that does this instead? Halves Stasis duration, but allows allied fire to pass through stasis. Yes, it'd still have some troll setups, but it'd make his kit better... in my opinion, at least.

Personally I like these changes. Some players here are concerned of the halving of Cataclysm timer but it is worth pointing out that you'll still get off a 30-50 second rift which is plenty amount of time and while it might seem little, it actually is a lot. With the already existing power and now with the ability to shoot your guns freely, this makes the rift experience much more effective and you'll accomplish more in that time period as you do currently.

Yes it was kind of neat to stasis your own bullets but it wasn't that for your team who didn't get indication or did not mutually request it in most games so its disruptive element was an obstacle for many. Not me, but I understand those who felt that way. DE could not keep it that way either simply due to technical limitations and it also limits player weapon choices so ultimately it wasn't good gameplay design in that way either. DE will monitor changes and do addittional tuning passes if necessary but lets first try it and playtest it and then we can see how well it functions in practice and not just in theory.

1 minute ago, (PS4)super_sayene_4 said:

i think for limbo is a marketing operation you buff limbo and you will nerf it weaks after prime release ^^' because this sound to OP for him we will see (just my opinion)

Except it has been nerfed anyway.

They made a *slight* improvmeent to quality of life, while removing their primary selling point for Limbo while at the same time halving its duration.

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Spartan117qz said:

Limbo was one of the best frames to do certain riven challenges COUGH5headshotswhileaimglidingCOUGH, so instead of removing that, why not just add a stasis augment that does this instead? Halves Stasis duration, but allows allied fire to pass through stasis. Yes, it'd still have some troll setups, but it'd make his kit better... in my opinion, at least.

Arca Plasmor, and pretty much any frame. Problem solved.

Archived