Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Exalted Weapons + Limbo: A Quick Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

On 2018-06-11 at 2:20 PM, FreezerFlare said:

How about we don't nerf limbo and only do the change to allies weapons? 

He's only reliably used in 2 mission types as is

Yes exactly, this is what i was thinking reading this with my heart dropping (also the fact that i just got limbo prime for myself and them going Hey look we are going to nerf the hell out of him was also pretty bad) but if you just make it so allies can do what they want and have him freeze his shots for that one riven,and for just being able to take a dread into any mission, freeze a whole wave of people and just go firing one shot into each of them and just watching it happen once you are done has always been one of the key reasons he has been my favorite frame, but then they just take it out? like i understand allies get mad but this was always amazing don't just remove it here, let allies do what they want, let limbos do what they want, and the nerf was kinda there just to hurt anyone who still wants to play limbo, like he was fine as he was before he doesn't need a HALVED stasis, like... at least make it 20 seconds so it can still be modded to be good enough to do what you need, instead of just messing him up like this.  i really don't like that the original fun play style of limbo was just taken out so that limbo just becomes another "oh yeah 4 and then 2 and cc them with no other part of it" frame, why not just play rhino or frost or something then, what made him fun and worth playing was being able to do just that, run through, shoot at whoever is there, line up headshots, and just sit back after you have a bullet or arrow or two going at everyone and just watching everything die. That's what makes him worth playing

I haven't been using Limbo very long. In the time I have leveled him, I've found him to be a very technical warframe demanding careful attention to managing the environment and the state of his abilities. This can lead to a rewarding experience, or bouts of frustration and confusion.  He can be very powerful or completely impotent.  You have to be constantly aware of the state of your warframe, your allies actions and your enemies in relation to which plane of existence they(you) are in (Material/Rift).  This can quickly overwhelm a player and I've found that I can become momentarily confused as to which state everything is in.  When the environment becomes hectic with activity and a barrage of particle SFX is going off all around, its easy to lose track.   Some times I can't immediately tell in I'm in the Rift, or if the enemy is Banished properly.    

In terms of Cooperative Play,  I was initially gun-shy to use any abilities like Cataclysm in groups because I was afraid of stepping all over my teammates. I can't imagine what it was like when Stasis stopped projectiles for double the current duration.  Now, I'm just reserved with it, being more surgical in when and where Limbo uses his major abilities.

• Improve visual and audio cues for separating the Material and Rift planes. I was thinking that all interactive elements not in your plane of existence should be rendered transparent and ghost-like to help make it obvious that you can't interact with them. Anything then that appears solid is something you can shoot, use or pickup. This could help allies who are not aware of how the rift plane mechanics work because they are unfamiliar with Limbo as a warframe.  I typically fret over accidentally Banishing an ally and confusing them or frustrating their actions.  Whenever I Banish a group of enemy, I assume responsibility for that group, which I think might be taken the wrong way by other players when targets suddenly become immune to their physical attack in the middle of another player engaging them.
  • Improve the visual appearance of the Cataclysm bubble.  This is one I'm at odds with.  The Effect is very pronounced, which could be a good thing or a bad thing.  It creates a very distinct boundary line to mark the area of effect making it obvious what can and can't be shot at.  On the other hand, it obscures the vision of players inside the bubble to what is happening outside. Normally if I cast Cataclysm on an area with Allies under it,  I should leave the bubble and Banish targets outside so that Allies can keep shooting them without leaving the bubble.  However, if they can't see through the bubble well enough to aim, it matters not what I do.  The only solution is to use a Smoke Black energy color on Limbo to make the bubble translucent... but that #*!%s up my FashionFrame powers :sadface:  Screw that.

As it is, Stasis lasts long enough in most situations I've been in to get the job done.  I feel god-like in it's ability to just lock down hordes of enemies and blast them all at will before Stasis expires. Rarely do I need to recast it, but it's not a big deal to just keep recasting it and stun-locking enemies over and over again. It could be my inexperience with Limbo, but I don't understand why people think reducing the duration is actually a nerf. Technically, yes... but in practical application it's minor. 

Overall, Limbo has grown on me. He's an interesting Warframe and when in his element, very useful and fun. Under different situations, frustration. I see the Statis change to be an improvement. The "nerf" is negligible. In future, addressing the visual/audio cues to make the "rift plane" more legible would be something I'd look too next.

On 2018-07-14 at 7:53 PM, AegisAmaranth said:

Whenever those pesky bolkors come hovering over, I want to banish them so they can't harm my teammates.

If they'll ever fix Titania's excessive weakness to Vrussh Turrets, there is a faster way to banish them permanently 🙂 Dex Pixia are truly great weapons.

On 2018-07-19 at 2:11 PM, Ikusias said:

Best fix for turrets: shooting them until they are a beehive of holes and scrap metal

It's a cool fix except that by the time you know there is one they already hit you once and the second salvo is incoming, by the time you can see the turret it's reanimation time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2018-06-11 at 8:11 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Two small workshops in one! We'll start with Titania because she truly is the smallest of all.

Titania!

You may have heard separately-Moddable 'Exalted' weapons are coming. This is true - and all 'Exalted' weapons use the Mod classes you'd expect. But Titania's Dex Pixia is different. We had to make a choice - right now on live it uses Shotgun or Rifle Mods. This isn't compatible with the way Modding works once it is an exposed option, so we've pivoted in a direction that also Buffs Dex Pixia! Once separately-Moddable 'Exalted' weapons goes live, Dex Pixia will use SECONDARY mods! Since there are no dual-primaries in game, we felt it was best to use Secondary Mods to not only buff, but also be consistent! 

We have also buffed the base stats of Titania's Diwata - stay tuned for final numbers in the upcoming Notes.

so, the concept of a fairy support/cc frame got sent to the trashcan, her other abilities will never get fixed, and now diwata will be more useless in late game

great 😑

• 2 weeks later...

So Limbo gets nerfed because no skill players don't know how to play with him and I need to put 13 forma into my Titania to not even make her as strong as she was before. Both she and Valkyr and every other exalted melee frame I dont play losing 10 mod points because we cant use stance mods, no set bonuses. The only thing I think DE considered here when making this change was the amount of money spent to buy formas so we could start to compensate for the power loss right away.

Archived