Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Exalted Weapons + Limbo: A Quick Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

Limbo changes sound great.  I will still hate his guts and never have him but maybe now I can stop putting people who use him on ignore lol.  

Im super late with this suggestion but since you guys are playing with all warframe abilities..   How about a massive update to all single target damage abilities to make them alot easier to use.   Like you dont have to be pointed at an enemy and where the ability hits there is a decent size explosion....

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

Will Limbo also no longer stop his own projectiles? Cause that was my favorite part of that ability. If it's going to be removed could it at least be made into an augment? 

This is all I care about as well. As long as Stasis will continue to collect Limbo's projectiles for the duration and apply them all at once the duration wears off, I honestly don't mind any other changes to the kit.

Yes, PLEASE do more with her other abilities too. Razorwing is already her best ability so a buff is always welcome, but that's absolutely not where her issues lie.

She needs more synergy between the abilities instead of fighting against each other, and Tribute just needs to be better period. It's awkward to utilize effective and the buffs really don't justify the effort.

40 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Limbo's gear and all Ally gear will continue to function.

Please let Limbo's bullets still freeze. This is a core part of what makes Limbo interesting, fun to play solo, and as long as it doesn't impact other players it shouldn't matter. 

And yeah there's the riven, but legit this is/was one of the coolest ninja-space-magic moves in the game.

5 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

Wow. I did not even realize Limbo's time stop HAD a 30 second base duration, that's... completely absurd. Even cut in half, 15 seconds before duration mods sounds like it should be way more than enough for any usage. Still enough time to kill everything that's stunned, and way more than enough time to regen the energy if you just want to use it for perpetual lockdown.

First of all, if you don't understand how something works you shouldn't even be commenting on it. Secondly, limbo's 2 and 4's durations were exactly the same, letting you time them together without it feeling like an annoying chore. This is such an unnecessary nerf. This just means you'll spend more time casting and wasting energy.

As for people that mentioned limbo's augment mod: the last thing we need are more bandaid augments that are necessary in order for a frame to be fun and good. Augments should augment a warframe's abilities, and not just make them as good as they used to be.

43 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Titania!

You may have heard separately-Moddable 'Exalted' weapons are coming. This is true - and all 'Exalted' weapons use the Mod classes you'd expect. But Titania's Dex Pixia is different. We had to make a choice - right now on live it uses Shotgun or Rifle Mods. This isn't compatible with the way Modding works once it is an exposed option, so we've pivoted in a direction that also Buffs Dex Pixia! Once separately-Moddable 'Exalted' weapons goes live, Dex Pixia will use SECONDARY mods! Since there are no dual-primaries in game, we felt it was best to use Secondary Mods to not only buff, but also be consistent! 

We have also buffed the base stats of Titania's Diwata - stay tuned for final numbers in the upcoming Notes.

I can definitely work with that.  Using the secondary mods actually make more sense for Dex Pixia.  Good call on that one.  

Diwata is getting more POWA!  *que evil laugh*. Mwuhahahahah.  Yes!!!!

Okay, so I have numerous concerns about this workshop. First of all, I strongly advise NOT making Titania's guns to secondary guns. I feel like they're fine as is being based off primary mods. If I'm honest, I would make them based off of shotgun mods in particular. Just personal preference.

Next is Limbo, and while I want to be EXTREMELY HAPPY that us allies can use guns in rift, I can't... because once again you've hit us with this compromise crap. First of all, Limbo himself should still have the option to freeze his own guns. This is the only bearable way to do, say, the 3 head shots 1 aim glide riven challenge. Furthermore, if it is in solo play, then I feel like that's what most Limbos would want in solo play, the ability to freeze their own guns. Second, why is his duration getting nerfed? Once again, compromises. I don't agree with this at all because it honestly feels pointless. Like, it comes off as if we're not allowed to have our cake and eat it too. I will never understand why we have to settle for a nerf because of a QoL change, there should not be a single compromise unless it is absolutely necessary. Heck, you don't even have to give him the full 30 seconds back, give us 20 at the very lowest, not 15. 

I'm overall not very pleased with the direction Titania is going, and I really hope Limbo's duration doesn't get a nerf that bad and we still have the option to freeze our own guns as Limbo. 

Thanks for the Limbo changes, now maybe he won't be so ungodly tedious to have as a teammate :satisfied:

It's good that Titania is having her mods standardized before the upcoming changes, but she needs a lot more work on her other abilities before she'll be worth investing forma into two frame-specific weapons

Concerning Limbo: If possible, I'd like to see the rift abilities of multiple limbos independent of each other. If Limbo A uses stasis, it shouldn't affect the rift of Limbo B.
Aside from that I can't say I'm happy about this change. It's simultaneously nerfing, in regards to the duration, and also OP, in regards to team wide invincibility, effectively.

Edit: added text after this point
To elaborate, max duration max range stasis sacrificing power strength will allow large swaths of the map to be locked down with no downside to the players. Every X seconds, recast. Enemies are entirely unable to counter this, move, fire back, etc., it removes any challenge for the rest of the team. At the very least previous conditions forced players to walk over to enemies to melee. A final note concerning proposed changes: having stasis synched up to cataclysm was great.

A suggestion of my own: For limbo's first ability, have the banish place enemies into the opposite side of the rift than whatever they were independently of whatever side limbo is in. A limbo in the rift should be able to bring an enemy inside the rift to him to fight. This would also allow the current "panic mode" of placing an enemy outside of limbo's plane of existence should the need arise. It's multi-faceted.

So Limbo is losing half of the duration to stasis because players would have to switch to melee to kill enemies? This change is a pretty big nerf.

Just because you introduce a quality of life addition doesn't mean you have to nerf it like the original concept of Vacuum changes and more. Limbo should get no change other than allowing player weapons to pass through the rift. 

Nerfing Limbo makes absolutely no sense, and with him being my favorite frame in the game because of his design and play style makes the nerf hurt even more. Before his buff, Limbo did literally nothing for squads because 3 of his 4 abilities did the exact same thing and that remaining 1 had no point; his buff pushed him to be one of the most well designed frames in the game by letting him become an effective CC frame because of how easy it was for him to shut down enemies and giving him a spot in mobile defenses or interceptions. The buff had also made people hate him though because he stopped them from using their guns, which I can understand because not everyone wants to only use melee like i tend to. But nerfing him so severely in exchange for some basic QoL is absolutely not the way to go. Please, don’t ruin his excellent ability set just for the ability to use guns

For all the people calling this a "trade-off," let me ask you something. Do we not make trade-offs between Warframe stats already in the form of modding warframes? This is strictly a nerf to Limbo's duration and should be treated as such. This is obscene. DE, why must you constantly make genuinely good improvements, but then couple them with asinine nerfs?

The Vacuum Within does not need repeating. Please rethink this.

Another change for Limbo, directed to his passive if it could let allies earn energy when killing Rift-bound enemies. That would be a nice addition, it could aid warframes such as Saryn, Excalibur, and the other bunch of energy hungry ones. Not really significant, but it could be a supportive bump for frames that could enjoy something like that.

Archived