Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Exalted Weapons + Limbo: A Quick Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

Great change to stasis.

Can we also see an improvement to banish? The current system for getting enemies into the rift is way too complicated for effective use. There shouldn't be any reason why Limbo can't pull enemies into the rift while he, himself, is in the rift.

well there's a problem. My main reason why I have Limbo is because I have rond of fun running solo feeling epic while freezing time, plan my shots. Unfreeze time, walk away in style while everything just dies. It's sad if this will desiappear. Maybe it's an idea for an augment mod: Get extra crit chance or dmg when freezing time but the bulluts will be stopped. Or maybe only freeze time for projectile based weapons? Or maybe just in solo?

3 hours ago, Kaminarion said:

So stasis was Limbo's main issue???

InsertThumbDown

It wasn't and everyonr acting like this will suddenly absolve limbo of his issues with the community are not thinking clearly at all. I love Limbo thats how i know people are STILL going to complain about the rift itself. 

Its never going to stop.

3 minutes ago, Schn1tt3r said:

Good change for the noob Limbo's out there, horrible change for the good ones. As if this game could become more casual than it already is.

How exactly is it a horrible change for "the good ones" all it means is they will have to recast their Stasis slightly more often. I want to say my Limbo stasis was ~73-80ish seconds long so now it will need to be recast every 40 seconds....... doesn't seem too taxing. 

I mean at least compared to something like the WoF change that essentially needs to be recast something like every 10 seconds if you want to keep it at it's max potential range. And WoF doesn't even do anything particularly useful 😛

4 minutes ago, Schn1tt3r said:

NO, just stop being a bad limbo and jump before you tap SHIFT. I love limbo because he is hard to play, I don't want him any easier than he will already be with this not stopping bullets garbage.

I heavily disagree with you.

Sometimes, you just don't have the chance to jump if there is a rocket coming straight to your face or you just found a corpus tech level 100+ around the corner.

It's either dash that moment or die.

Unlike other Limbos, I don't hide like a scare cat inside the rift 24/7 to play Limbo well against 100+ level enemies. So, calling other players bad Limbos, is uncalled for. Just cause we all have different play stiles, doesn't makes us worse or better than others.

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

Can we also see an improvement to banish? The current system for getting enemies into the rift is way too complicated for effective use.

Step 1: Dash out

Step 2: Banish

Step 3: Dash In again and repeat

Sure. Very complicated. /s

I feel sad about limbo. Removing the bullet freeze from the player side kind of reduce a LOT of his charm. I personally would prefer before. Some players complain about the limbo's powers 'cause they simply don't understand him and don't take the time to comprehend him. The fact stasis also freezes the player's bullet, is a flaw. But it's what gives it some charm. I personally think that allowing tenno to shoot inside stasis-ed rift make him too flawless. Which make him boring to play and +15duration is just plain annoying.

Anyway, I think limbo should stay as he was. Any warframe can be annoying in multiplayer if modded right. ex: ember's 4 in survival leave your fellow player no enemy to kill, fast/slow Nova's 4 in the wrong mission and others...

Still really nice DE trying to please the players. 

14 minutes ago, Vyrielle said:

The Titania changes while welcome are addressing her one currently functionally useful ability.  This is why I've speculated that Titania has been unaddressed for so long: her Razorwing is not only a functional but good dps ability.  On the other hand, the rest of her kit is...basically useless.  Her other three abilities are the ones that need the love more.  Her 1 and 3 still send targets flying into the stratosphere and her 2 is way too much energy investment for the payoff.  If willing, here are some small changes to the other abilities that would go a long way to improving her viability.

Spellbind: Tether targets to a set distance from the ground.  The whimsical floating is okay, the problem is it does something similar to Zephyr's old Tornadoes and we end up with targets all the way up on the ceiling.  This is probably her most functional ability of the lot as even though it sometimes throws targets all over the place it at least guaranteed keeps those targets from shooting you, as opposed to the 3, but we'll get to it later

Tribute: Please make this a small AOE like limbo's banish.  Having to select individual targets with an ability that has a long cast time and doesn't outright kill them is just tedious.  On top of that, the energy upkeep for keeping the maxed buffs is insane even with max efficiency because you have to cast 4 times on individual targets to get the full buff, do this for every buff that is worth it, and then refresh individually for every buff you want to keep.  Making this an AOE would result in less casts and more buffs, and generally better gameplay.  We could cast this once on a crowd, collect the five or so buffs we get, move on to the next crowd.  And lowering the cast time on this would also be welcome addition to this in addition to the aforementioned change.

Lantern: Similar as spellbind, but the whimsical floating is really not okay.  This is supposed to be an AOE based crowd control skill that we can move around, which I like in concept but in practice does the same as her one.  But in this case it's even worse.  Spellbind at least snags all those enemies and says "no you cannot shoot me".  This ability effectively only takes one enemy away from the crowd shooting you as a stray bullet will send it flying off up to the ceiling.  And the ability does no good on the ceiling as the enemies on the ground are now out of range of the ability and free to shoot you.  This ability needs to stay at ground level, or close to it, to be effective, which is why I suggest tethering it to the ground.  If you still wanted to keep the mobility, I recommend replacing the "shoot it to move it" with a mechanic similar to Chroma's Effigy augment, where holding the ability cast button while targeting the ground will relocate the lantern.  And simply pressing the ability will manually detonate it early as before.

Razorwing:  I cannot stress enough that I approve of the buffs that this ability is receiving, and the exalted weapon changes in general.  It's a good idea: and removing the "statstick" idea we currently have allowing us to carry whatever weapons and builds we want with our exalted weapon warframes.  I am glad Titania is getting a little love, but I really feel it isn't enough, and is only happening because of the exalted weapon rework as a whole.  Titania is an anomaly to me as she was released sandwiched between two fantastically designed warframes in Inaros and Nidus, and her design is while thematic just not really functional outside of this one ability, which is propping up her entire play-ability.  I love Titania's theme and the idea of her design, and she still to this day remains my most played warframe.

To wrap up, yes I understand that this rework is mostly because of the exalted weapon rework.  And I am not at all complaining that her Razorwing is getting a buff.  But that said, I have to take the opportunity to ask for what I consider a reasonable Titania rework whenever they pop up.  She doesn't have the popularity of other warframes and those that do love her need to make some noise!

Well, I'm just replying couse I feel this proposal makes the whole Titania concept  to a mixture of other frames and loses originality... But it's he most balanced in terms of the 3 first abilities.

4th is the mess, I've said earlier that Dex Pixia doesn't work as good with pistols like it's with rifles (also, DP are machine gun not long automated pistols) and I've tried a "Razorwing" build in my solo pistol fun... Maybe a rifle/pistol option for mods could be a better way.

5 minutes ago, NecromancerX69 said:

I heavily disagree with you.

Sometimes, you just don't have the chance to jump if there is a rocket coming straight to your face or you just found a corpus tech level 100+ around the corner.

It's either dash that moment or die.

False, if you want to avoid a rocket, you can easily shift into operator mode and crouch. I avoid stuns and projectiles easily that way WITH ANY FRAME not just Limbo. Then again, it requires you to have good reflexes and pay attention instead of playing with a hamburger in your hand. This game is super casual, at least have something that is hard to play, like Limbo.

If you want a bubble that lets you shoot, go play damned Frost and leave Limbo alone.

Reducing duration won't make Limbos Stasis Interactive, it will just be annoying. Letting weapons work helps only a little.

It already gets annoying with Cataclysmic Continuum cause limbo is too squishy and enemy reacts unrealistically fast as soon as they are free from stasis.(especially if stasis is holding too many enemies.)

Main problem with less co-operative Limbo is 'Banish'. Forcefully separating allies from enemies is just as big a problem as stopping guns in stasis.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Titania!

Any plans to give her a proper once-over? Right now she's got a ton of issues - not enough damage output of her 4 seriously wasn't one of those issues.

Don't get me wrong, I'll gladly take even more dakka, but while Razorwing is awesome the rest of her kit ranges from "??? why even?" (taking a ton of time and energy for pretty bad buffs, worse, one buffs companions when her undisputably best ability gets rid of her own companion) to "useless" (two abilities doing pretty much the same thing, except one has the center of your CC drift off to Neverland).

Also, for the love of god, increase her pickup radius in RW. I want to play "Titania", not "Roomba".

@[DE]RebeccaThere are better ways to fix the anti-team half of Limbo's mechanics without losing the very essence of the frame's theme/character, and the good usability of his mechanics... ways I'll outline suggestions about below, on an ability-by-ability basis, centred around fixing effects on allies.

1: Banish.

Make Banish a Buff. Allies hit by Banish get a short but noticeable screen effect to inform them of it, and can dash into/out of The Rift at will with combat rolls, exactly as Limbo can; it essentially shares Limbo's passive for the duration of Banish. On enemies, works as normal. if during Charged Stasis, certain directions of rolls will not Riftwalk, more on that below.

2: Stasis

Give every player including Limbo constant and finely tunable control over Stasis' effect on them, by making it 2-type like Zephyr's new Tailwind, and making synergies with Banish Buff. normal Stasis effects only enemies and their projectiles, as this workshop outlines. Charged Stasis, though, effects Limbo's projectiles by default, which he may opt-in and out of at will by pressing 2 again for no energy. Allies may opt-in/out of Charged Stasis using the Banish buff and backwards rolls(it could be any direction, but I'll just go with backwards for now cuz consistency with Volt), which during Charged Stasis will no longer Riftwalk. Each Stasis type is cancelable by recasting it's own type, Charge for Charge, press for press, etc. if canceling Charged Stasis, it downgrades to a normal Stasis, thus not unfreezing enemies.

And there you have it, the the double edged sword that is Dapperframe blunted on only one side, instead of both sides like the outlined hardcore double-nerf would accomplish. No power lost by Limbo except his undue power over teammates, and no functionality lost that both Limbo's and teammates could then enjoy if they all chose. I highly recommend this change instead of lazily nerfing him into the ground and being done, which is what this change certainly looks like.

1 minute ago, Schn1tt3r said:

This game is super casual, at least have something that is hard to play, like Limbo.

You want to make me laugh? Limbo was the cheese of warframe ever since his creation and even before the buff.

If anything Limbo is the most casual of warframes, just cause people don't like his kit, doesn't make it a really hard to play warframe. If anything playing Limbo is making warframe a casual EZ game. That is why I hardly ever enter the rift to get a bit of challenge, other wise the game will be boring.

Also why do I have to use Operators if I have the ability to dash, seriously? It's like saying, I will play Loki and crouch next to Octavia just to turn invisible. Why? you are Loki, you can turn invisible! Same with Limbo, why must I use operators (I only use them with other warframes), if I can also save my self with Limbo's passive.

You lack wits my friend.

Just now, ljmadruga said:

Step 1: Dash out

Step 2: Banish

Step 3: Dash In again and repeat

Sure. Very complicated. /s

I suppose I should elaborate. Unless you leave the rift (which is awkward, especially in high level content where Limbo is most vulnerable) the only way to pull more targets into the rift is the use of rift surge (and cataclysm but we're not talking about that right now).

1. Banish

2: Enter Rift

3: Rift Surge

4: Banish

If Rift Surge procc'd when enemies die it will be much more useful. And if changed in this way it wouldn't matter how banish works.

But TBH it just doesn't make sense that they changed banish to only work if you're out of the rift. It used to pull people in while you were in. I understand that, with stasis, this would be very powerful, but stasis + cataclysm already exists and it pulls in tons of targets. For banish to be useful outside of the rift surge combo it should work to at least pull targets in while you're in the rift. 

The Titania changes seem fine to me. I absolutely agree that she needs waaayy more than what we're seeing here, but it seems DE isn't ready to dive into a top to bottom rework for her yet. Looking forward to that one day.

As for Limbo, is it weird that I don't really care about the duration nerf? I've run a high duration build on him for ages, and having 30-40 seconds worth of stasis seems like enough time to take care of just about anything. Limbo isn't exactly starved for energy, so it's not like that's an issue. Eh, I know not everybody plays or builds Limbo the same way I do, but personally I'm not worried.

Fellow Limbos we are already outcasts, lets not squabble among ourselves. Its just not gentlemen like. (So FTFUYIFOHFE NOOBSS@!@ IM THE BEST @@@@)

Well they make cars that park themselves for a reason. Some people cant do basic things in life. Rolling out the rift and not sitting a bubble. No one is making you sit in the bubble, unless its a small defensive map and my 280 range annoys you. 

Any who, dumbing down the master frame Limbo and cutting our duration down is not good. Change rift surge to not rift enemies outside the bubble. Thats where most of the complaints come from. I leave behind rift portals for teammates when on high levels and for passing thru lasers etc. 

Limbo has many play styles and for those who play squishy and use weapons that kill us, these changes do nothing but make us press a button 2x more. Give us a damage multiplier for enemies on rift explosion buff. The one now sucks. 

Limbo
I'm fine with Limbo's changes. It'll be good to be able to work with my team without asking if and when I can use my powers when everyone else can use them at will. It's why my Limbo collected dust after his rework.
Why cut down the duration? Because it'd be too easy to build for max duration with it as is and then sit in the rift drinking tea with Limbo while making plans on how to get Space Mom back. If you have half of the duration of Cataclysm for Stasis, that means you can throw down a second stasis right?

Titania
I'm on the fence about her Dex Pixia being affected by secondary mods. Like someone said earlier in this thread: buff Magnum Force so it's on par with Heavy Cal. It's a shame that Augur Pact outclasses a Corrupted Mod like that.

What I wanna know is why people keep saying Titania's kit is trash? Her 2 needs a revamp and her 3 is decent CC with a nasty DoT (and even AOE) when properly modded but the Lantern target shouldn't be able to get knocked away.
Razorwing is pretty good but so is her 1. It grants proc immunity and cc - enemies can't shoot while affected by it. This makes it great for defense missions or emergency crowd control.

3 hours ago, devildevil21 said:

Are you kidding me DE.

SECONDARY BLOODY MODS?!

Secondary mods DON'T have punch through. This "buff" or "update" will RUIN my main. Those ridiculous corpses blocking my way when piercing through enemies forces me to have punchthrough on every dex pixia build I run. The lack of punchthrough will ruin titania's dps since she can't kill multiple enemies.

if you insist that titania must use secondary mods, PLEASE, give Dex Pixia innate punch through.

Seeker pistol mod gives 2.1 punch though 

hace 4 horas, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

To put Limbo's Stasis in a more cooperative position, it has been changed to only stop-time for Enemies. Limbo's gear and all Ally gear will continue to function. But, because complete time-halting for enemies within the Rift is akin to godly power, the duration of the ability has been shortened overall - from base 30 seconds to 15 seconds. This is of course affected by Mods.

This feels pretty great in testing, requiring more attention if you have Mods that negatively impact Duration, while also allowing free weapon use. We will be monitoring this change closely to see if further tweaks are needed. Expert Limbo players who can easily traverse Rifting will have no trouble with this Duration change.

Cheers, all! This is just a snapshot of some changes coming in the near future (nearer on PC than on Console). It does not preclude other tweaks and adjustments to our beloved Arsenal. We'll be watching for comments, and awaiting practical feedback when the time comes!

I'm sorry to say this, but why must the duration be nerfed?? Stasis is anything but godly Nullifiers will just break it anyways and any difficult mission involves corrupted and Nullifiers are very common spawns among both the Corrupted and Corpus, btw reducing the duration on Stasis while keeping the duration of Cataclysm the same will only make Limbo's only means to Lockdown an area pretty inconvinient for people that plays Limbo and is also worth mentioning Stasis is probably THE ONLY THING that prevents Limbo from being completely destroyed on high level content.....

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Titania!
We have also buffed the base stats of Titania's Diwata - stay tuned for final numbers in the upcoming Notes.

And Limbo...
To put Limbo's Stasis in a more cooperative position, it has been changed to only stop-time for Enemies. Limbo's gear and all Ally gear will continue to function. But, because complete time-halting for enemies within the Rift is akin to godly power, the duration of the ability has been shortened overall - from base 30 seconds to 15 seconds. This is of course affected by Mods.

Titania... does diwata get it's own mods?

Limbo... Finally, the dev's have taken notice of us, we've been asking for this change since the rework but why the need to shorten stasis, isn't the fact it's both duration based AND has a reducing radius enough of a 'balance' already when used with the usual combo of cataclysm and stasis...

edit: correction, got my cataclysm and stasis confused because they normally end up being on together anyway

Limbo's changes are welcomed by me, the duration matters little if Limbo can regenerate enough energy for it to be cast again, though, I'd prefer the duration to be in sync with banish/cataclysm, it'll be more of... a QoL downgrade for limbo.

5 minutes ago, seprent said:

Seeker pistol mod gives 2.1 punch though 

and the only mod that gives punch through without any additional benefits, sacrificing a slot for utility. Secondaries options feel limited, but shouldn't overpower primaries, should they?

EDIT: I've noticed that it doesn't seem to deal with the main issue with limbo, his rift and enemies whereas teammates have no option to interact with unless they get into the rift, i.e. limbo's dash, cataclysm or being banished. A suggestion I'd make would be for enemies to be pulled out of the rift with lesser repercussions as a punishment for limbo if teammates attack a banished enemy while they aren't banished themselves.

Archived