Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Exalted Weapons + Limbo: A Quick Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

3 minutes ago, (PS4)VanTX89 said:

What I wanna know is why people keep saying Titania's kit is trash? Her 2 needs a revamp and her 3 is decent CC with a nasty DoT (and even AOE) when properly modded but the Lantern target shouldn't be able to get knocked away.
Razorwing is pretty good but so is her 1. It grants proc immunity and cc - enemies can't shoot while affected by it. This makes it great for defense missions or emergency crowd control.

I think in part because her 1 & 3 are pretty samey. Plus while her 3 does have a Dot it also makes the enemy immune to actual player damage. Any "damage" that they would have take makes them ragdoll to the moon, just like "ok bye~". At which point it stops really being effective CC because they are so far away that they don't attract enemies anymore. 

Plus for Titanias who don't know or don't care that you can dispel that, it can drag out the end of an defense if they Lantern the last enemy. 

I can't even remember the last time I was motivated to cast her 2 outside of just needing to cast something, anything, to trigger Blitz. 

Her 4 is in a good place, but she could really use a new 2 and if they merged her 1&3 into a single charge attack, I don't think anyone would notice. Which means she could essentially stand to gain two completely new abilities. 

First of all, only DE have balls to nerf Limbo before releasing his prime version.. I can stand the fact that his Stasis won't affect allies' weapons and gears anymore, it's OK, it's healthy and even good change. However I cannot stand...  why Limbo's Stasis is not allowed to affect his own weapons and gears. DE please consider this 😕 @[DE]Rebecca Save our "space boi"- Limbo from Oblivion, Space Mom, please. 

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I think in part because her 1 & 3 are pretty samey. Plus while her 3 does have a Dot it also makes the enemy immune to actual player damage. Any "damage" that they would have take makes them ragdoll to the moon, just like "ok bye~". At which point it stops really being effective CC because they are so far away that they don't attract enemies anymore. 

Plus for Titanias who don't know or don't care that you can dispel that, it can drag out the end of an defense if they Lantern the last enemy. 

I can't even remember the last time I was motivated to cast her 2 outside of just needing to cast something, anything, to trigger Blitz. 

Her 4 is in a good place, but she could really use a new 2 and if they merged her 1&3 into a single charge attack, I don't think anyone would notice. Which means she could essentially stand to gain two completely new abilities. 

Right. The dispel issues reminds me of the Nyx Mind Control thing I run into on occasion. You know, I wouldn't be mad about combining her 1 and 3 with a charge switching into Lantern...or at least just locking the target into place instead of the ragdoll mechanic.

11 minutes ago, seprent said:

Seeker pistol mod gives 2.1 punch though 

Yap, figured it out when I made a post in general discussion... my bad!

After some testing it seems I can maintain my previous titania build while having increassed damage, just for the cost of a little bit of fire rate (that I can fix with arcane velocity)

1 minute ago, devildevil21 said:

Yap, figured it out when I made a post in general discussion... my bad!

After some testing it seems I can maintain my previous titania build while having increassed damage, just for the cost of a little bit of fire rate (that I can fix with arcane velocity)

Assuming Arcane Velocity continues to work with Dex Pixia, along with Rifle Amp etc.

Just now, Oreades said:

Assuming Arcane Velocity continues to work with Dex Pixia, along with Rifle Amp etc.

That's arcane acceleration you must be thinking about, the arcane that increasses fire rate for rifles.

I had 1 arcane acceleration and 1 arcane velocity (for pistols). I just have to get another rank 3 arcane velocity to maintain my fire rate on dex pixia.

8 minutes ago, Inanegrain62 said:

Limbo's changes are welcomed by me, the duration matters little if Limbo can regenerate enough energy for it to be cast again, though, I'd prefer the duration to be in sync with banish/cataclysm, it'll be more of... a QoL downgrade for limbo.

and the only mod that gives punch through without any additional benefits, sacrificing a slot for utility. Secondaries options feel limited, but shouldn't overpower primaries, should they?

EDIT: I've noticed that it doesn't seem to deal with the main issue with limbo, his rift and enemies whereas teammates have no option to interact with unless they get into the rift, i.e. limbo's dash, cataclysm or being banished. A suggestion I'd make would be for enemies to be pulled out of the rift with lesser repercussions as a punishment for limbo if teammates attack a banished enemy while they aren't banished themselves.

secondary options are a tad more limited yes but normaly secondary mods turn up to have more power in there mods i saw someone before compare hornet strike to serration 220% to 165% pistol gambit 120% to point strike 90% see what i mean?

12 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Titania... does diwata get it's own mods?

Limbo... Finally, the dev's have taken notice of us, we've been asking for this change since the rework but why the need to shorten stasis, isn't the fact it's both duration based AND has a reducing radius enough of a 'balance' already...

Stasis doesn't have a reducing radius but Cataclysm does. Stasis isn't affected by range mods.

1 minute ago, devildevil21 said:

That's arcane acceleration you must be thinking about, the arcane that increasses fire rate for rifles.

I had 1 arcane acceleration and 1 arcane velocity (for pistols). I just have to get another rank 3 arcane velocity to maintain my fire rate on dex pixia.

Hmm Arcane Velocity does look significantly better than whatever the Shotgun Arcane that currently works with Dex Pixia is. I suppose it's the same issue tho, will Arcane Velocity start working with Dex Pixia? 

There is a lot of interconnectivity that's up in the air as to what Arcanes/Auras will continue/begin to function with them. 

What if stasis stays as is but instead rift surge is reworked to buff limbo and teammates and allows projectiles to not be stopped, but inturn rift surge would decrease stasis' timer while both are active? Just decreasing stasis' base timer could affect it's CC potential negatively, meanwhile rift surge is redundant for banishing set ups since banish and cataclysm already do that but smoother and could stand to provide more for limbos kit.

If not, atleast speed up or make stasis casting not stop lower body movement since casting it is now gonna be more frequent and offensive.

As a Limbo player I say it's a buff. All you have to do is to recast stasis a bit more, and trust me, you won't run out of energy. Negative duration build won't be affected a lot, since you focus on casting rift surge anyways.

But holy heck I will miss the ZA WARUDO memes.

1 hour ago, Schn1tt3r said:

You are the definition of casual. You are MR25 and only have 24 hydro caps (I have almost 300). I bet you can't even do 3x3 runs while I do 5x3 runs. BECAUSE I AM NOT CASUAL. I dont hide in rift plane or inside my bubble when I play limbo... because I AM NOT a casual like you.

I hate to come in on conversations I have no part in but this right here is PURE dic *ahem* stat measuring at it's finest! Nobody cares about your stats! numbers don't indicate anything about your skill! Actually playing with the person for some time does. And just FYI a lot of ppl maxed their focus and killed tons of Teralysts and have all the arcanes maxed (while trials were still a thing) THERE IS LITERALLY no incentive for some of us to even hunt hydrolysts. Before tridolons were introduced and before the eidolon stats even existed I had over 700 Teralyst Captures (they are now kills in the stats since the stat board didn't even account for them before). So if you could please leave your stat measuring somewhere else and don't insult ppl you don't know (or haven't played with) personally.

EDIT: also FYI just so you don't attack me for being a casual as well, I've done 5x3 caps it's not a big deal, but just as I said above, having all arcanes and focus maxed before the tridolons even existed gives me no incentive to hunt them PERIOD.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)waterdog77 said:

Nice job on the Limbo changes, but Titania needs more work. I don't understand all of her buffs and no sure if they are effective. I feel unsafe going around getting shot as a squishy frame eating souls for said buffs.

There will definitely be more Titania changes, these are likely due to immediate decisions needing to be made with regard to the impending Exalted Weapon changes that will be rolling out Soon™

hace 29 minutos, Inanegrain62 dijo:

Limbo's changes are welcomed by me, the duration matters little if Limbo can regenerate enough energy for it to be cast again, though, I'd prefer the duration to be in sync with banish/cataclysm, it'll be more of... a QoL downgrade for limbo.

EDIT: I've noticed that it doesn't seem to deal with the main issue with limbo, his rift and enemies whereas teammates have no option to interact with unless they get into the rift, i.e. limbo's dash, cataclysm or being banished. A suggestion I'd make would be for enemies to be pulled out of the rift with lesser repercussions as a punishment for limbo if teammates attack a banished enemy while they aren't banished themselves.

Why the do I have to be punished for something that is out of my control if I play Limbo?? If I Banish people they are going to almost instantly roll out of the rift without even thinking on my mechanics... is not fair for a player to be punished for what some other random person is going to do with it's free will this is one of the worst things anyone could suggest. Also the duration matters like every Limbo player knows energy doesn't matter as much but what is the point of Stasis running out before Cataclysm even ends and moreover what is the point of re casting Stasis when Cataclysm is going to end 15 seconds later, this in contrast to Cataclysm and Stasis running out with a difference of 1 or 2 seconds isn't a mere QoL change but those 15 seconds could make a big difference since Stasis is the only safety net you have when there is a whole platoon of enemies in the rift with you....

26 minutes ago, Orfeusz said:

First of all, only DE have balls to nerf Limbo before releasing his prime version.. I can stand the fact that his Stasis won't affect allies' weapons and gears anymore, it's OK, it's healthy and even good change. However I cannot stand...  why Limbo's Stasis is not allowed to affect his own weapons and gears. DE please consider this 😕 @[DE]Rebecca Save our "space boi"- Limbo from Oblivion, Space Mom, please. 

How exactly is the stasis change a nerf?

Lets think about this.

Pop Stasis then cataclysm. Shoot everything dead with literally no chance of dying. 

Shorter duration, yes, but this isn't an issue.

Also. For those of you that don't understand how unbelievably powerful stasis is after this change.

You can be in the rift, create mini cataclysms with max duration builds, at distance, and lock enemies in them with stasis while you stand far away icing them with explosive weaponry, snipers, bows or whatever else you want.

A very effective way to play limbo is to use mini cataclysms as a way of pulling enemies into the rift without leaving the rift (since they nerfed Banish for serving this purpose). 

7 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

How exactly is the stasis change a nerf?

Lets think about this.

Pop Stasis then cataclysm. Shoot everything dead with literally no chance of dying. 

Shorter duration, yes, but this isn't an issue.

Also. For those of you that don't understand how unbelievably powerful stasis is after this change.

You can be in the rift, create mini cataclysms with max duration builds, at distance, and lock enemies in them with stasis while you stand far away icing them with explosive weaponry, snipers, bows or whatever else you want.

A very effective way to play limbo is to use mini cataclysms as a way of pulling enemies into the rift without leaving the rift (since they nerfed Banish for serving this purpose). 

True but you seem to be missing the point why most(if not all) ppl want stasis to still freeze limbo's bullets: A riven challenge exists (i can do it without cheezing with limbo but that's not the point) and it's way easier to do with limbo + stasis to line up the head shots jump and release *riven challenge complete*
RIP ZA WARUDO

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

To put Limbo's Stasis in a more cooperative position, it has been changed to only stop-time for Enemies. Limbo's gear and all Ally gear will continue to function. But, because complete time-halting for enemies within the Rift is akin to godly power, the duration of the ability has been shortened overall - from base 30 seconds to 15 seconds. This is of course affected by Mods.

I am so, so happy about this. I can stop bringing my stasis-popping Zarr to every defensive sortie now! This is a great change, especially for Limbo Prime, thank you.

This isn't compatible with the way Modding works once it is an exposed option, so we've pivoted in a direction that also Buffs Dex Pixia! Once separately-Moddable 'Exalted' weapons goes live, Dex Pixia will use SECONDARY mods! Since there are no dual-primaries in game, we felt it was best to use Secondary Mods to not only buff, but also be consistent! 

This, I am not so happy about. This means losing the ability to use Primed Shred on the Dex Pixia and that kind of sucks since there isn't an equivalent dual stat punch through mod for pistols. Having to use an entire mod slot and 15 capacity for Seeker is painful.

I would rather Dex Pixia be considered a rifle, since that makes more sense. But I guess I'll take it either way.

2 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

True but you seem to be missing the point why most(if not all) ppl want stasis to still freeze limbo's bullets: A riven challenge exists (i can do it without cheezing with limbo but that's not the point) and it's way easier to do with limbo + stasis to line up the head shots jump and release *riven challenge complete*

The three headshots while aim gliding?

Easily done with most frames on Jupiter Survival with aim glide mods equipped. Jump in the air jets, aim glide, and win. Zephyr can make this even easier.

You can also make this easier by using a slowva, slow equinox, or any other frame that incapacitates enemies (Vauban, harrow etc.).

Though, TBH, stopped enemies still makes this riven challenge a breeze. 

Limbo change does not sound great at all.
I am frustrated. I never had any problem with Stasis, neither as Limbo nor as a teammate for one. I don't need this "buff". It does nothing at all.

So, in the end I get halved duration of an ability for... nothing in return?

I don't put DE to blame for this. Rather, I blame players whose only way of resolving challenges in-game is whining out-of-game until devs cave in and neuter anything that makes a game exciting.

Nice one, folks. This is why we can't have nice things.

As a limbo main, the only thing I don't understand is the duration cut.

I don't think that "making us think about different mods" is an applicable excuse, considering only two mods in the game give us negative duration to begin with.

Everything else is fine.

Just now, VisionAndVoice said:

Limbo change does not sound great at all.
I am frustrated. I never had any problem with Stasis, neither as Limbo nor as a teammate for one. I don't need this "buff". It does nothing at all.

So, in the end I get halved duration of an ability for... nothing in return?

I don't put DE to blame for this. Rather, I blame players whose only way of resolving challenges in-game is whining out-of-game until devs cave in and neuter anything that makes a game exciting.

Nice one, folks. This is why we can't have nice things.

We get halved duration and the ability to shoot enemies while they are completely immobile.

This is a pretty big increase in functionality to the ability.

1. Enter Rfit

2. Stasis

3. Find a vantage point

4. Cast cataclysm on a choke point (less range the better) so you're hanging out outside the bubble

5. Shoot frozen targets. Win

6. Laugh at anything trying to hurt you

hace 1 hora, NecromancerX69 dijo:

You want to make me laugh? Limbo was the cheese of warframe ever since his creation and even before the buff.

If anything Limbo is the most casual of warframes, just cause people don't like his kit, doesn't make it a really hard to play warframe. If anything playing Limbo is making warframe a casual EZ game. That is why I hardly ever enter the rift to get a bit of challenge, other wise the game will be boring.

Also why do I have to use Operators if I have the ability to dash, seriously? It's like saying, I will play Loki and crouch next to Octavia just to turn invisible. Why? you are Loki, you can turn invisible! Same with Limbo, why must I use operators (I only use them with other warframes), if I can also save my self with Limbo's passive.

You lack wits my friend.

Limbo isn't an instant god mode, you can #*!% up and get stunned all the way to hell and die, or get out of the rift to be sucker punched by a scorpion or get hit by a Bombard.... the fact something is easy doesn't mean you can't get screwed over by chance or human error it only means is less likely to happend but it can happend

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

We get halved duration and the ability to shoot enemies while they are completely immobile.

This is a pretty big increase in functionality to the ability.

1. Enter Rfit

2. Stasis

3. Find a vantage point

4. Cast cataclysm on a choke point (less range the better) so you're hanging out outside the bubble

5. Shoot frozen targets. Win

6. Laugh at anything trying to hurt you

You also now get a team who wont leave when they see limbo

[...]

Thanks for the heads up @[DE]Rebecca! Can't wait!

Just a suggestion, as I personally love how bullets freeze and how I enjoy placing them in strategic spots, so would it be possible considering keeping that mechanic as an Augment Mod, but only affects YOUR guns, and no one else's.

Again, it was one of my favourite things about stasis (in a mechanical and thematical sense), so it would be cool to still have the option for just yourself if one would so choose. I'm still super happy about the upcoming changes regardless, but it would be nice to have that choice via Augment mod.

Thanks again!~

Archived