Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Exalted Weapons + Limbo: A Quick Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

As a new Limbo player, I've gone through lots of youtube videos in order to expand my "repetoire" of Limbo's tricks. While I do agree that the current Limbo's 2 (Stasis) is god-like, that's how it was meant to be when it was designed, was it not? Reducing the base duration of 2 is ok, but how about 20 instead of 15seconds. And please do not remove the projectile stop effect for self weapons. I mean, honestly, all Limbo players would know how satisfying it is to stop all enemies' time within a room, headshots them, then start time again and watch them kneel over like "God above".

For what it's worth, current aspiring Limbo players may benefit from Triburos's briliant and inspiring video Warframe - Riftbound: A Limbo Guide for a playstyle that's not so... intrusive. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_wbXR1O5Jc

Stasis not afecting other players sounds good, but I think some wont like it anyway since to my understanding you can't damage enemies in cataclysm from outside of cataclysm so there will still be some people unhappy like with snow globe, but that can't be avoided.

Mainly please let stasis still work on Limbos guns. And if you could reconsider the durration nerf that would be great too. It just adds bit of annoyence, having to recast it more often.

3 minutes ago, XenMaster said:

Still waiting for dethcube rework. because it seems the sentinel didnt get any feedback thats why :[ although DE take priority on the warframe's reworks

Most dissapointing thing about dethcube for me was that it has deth machine rifle its a dethcube but doesn't do deth damage! They should serriously add that! And also they are working on pets 2.0 so maybe they will rework it.

---General thoughts and a tad bit of rambling edition---

so i opened up the game and kinda just looked at my hobbled together limbo build that is range and duration no real min max on a stat like 175 range and 178 duration and 130 strength

my stasis lasts 53.4 seconds so i chop 15 out of it and now it lasts 38.4 seconds so little over half a minute of enemies dont get to move or shoot i feel people might be over reacting (as usual imo) a tad too much since your allies can now shoot things too

his whole pause build up and let bullets fly thing  its entertaining but i got quickly bored of it after playing with throwing knives alot yeah i can see it mucking with other peoples play styles  but over all i think its ok sucks you dont get the jojo meme but i can live with out i even got annoyed with my self sometimes form casting stasis thinking enemies stop wait my bullets are stopped too damn it me so i eventually just stopped using it 

also this stuff is still subject to change so while im not taking away your right to have torches and pitchforks might i ask you to calmly put a few of them down and we can discuss these things since the next time this is brought up or this is updated it might be entirely different or things may be tweaked around and just someone dropping in reading the notes then saying limbo is now useless thinking this update is set in stone and leaving isn't really helpful as humorous as i think it is when the rare chance aiden calls them out 

---Thoughts on limbo changes as they are presented right now focused edition---

as for my thoughts i see it as a good change because limbo alone can no longer dictate how all his and his allies weapons behave now enemies and their bullets/projectiles are still frozen in rift magic that you can turn on before hand and then drop a bubble and just hit the pause button on a big area for the cost of it lasts 15 seconds less and our bullets are no longer frozen seems like a good compromise for what we are getting. Also i feel some people are a just kinda jumping The gun, The barrels of Grakatas, and Darvo who sold the gun when they read this and forget even for a moment all this is subject to change and will probably change over time and we might repeat this Olympic jumping a few times before something is set into stone and even then might do this jump a few more times

So please pitchforks and torches down for at-least now since this is just what DE has thought up as a first draft and decided to share with us for a response

It is roughly 1AM my time so im heading to bed everyone have a good day/night and have fun :zenurik:

11 hours ago, Cradicias said:

Ooh, ooh! Here's an idea! Make it so that they can shoot the enemy like normal, but the enemy doesn't die till the stasis goes down. That way, people don't have to switch to melee AND we can still set up headshot kills to go off at the same time for the riven challenge. Can even do a thing where the enemy's health bar goes a different color or its body goes a different color to indicate it's already dead from damage queued up.

This! it allows teammates to still use their weapons in stasis AND preserves the fun time delay flair limbo users love!

But gutting his duration.. WHY! Who asked for this? Why is it needed? How does making the player cast the ability twice as often make any sense? Its just irratating and dumb. Also downright dangerous for limbo in sorties, even a split second of unfrozen enemies spells instant death for limbo who's only survivability IS time stop! 

Incase it wasn't expressly clear. Completely Unnecessary! There is NO need to nerf him, the only issue a small minority of people even had with limbo was "Reee great limbo trolling apocalypse incoming" which was preemptively 'fixed'. Why touch his duration?

12 hours ago, Gr1mjaw said:

honestly, i don't get this limbo rework from DEs business stand point(as it didn't matter up until he is about to be primed)

i wouldn't call them nerfs of buffs, 
but these changes pleases everyone who hates/dislikes/not a fan of limbo or his play style (ppl who are less likely to buy the prime access)

and just pisses off the actual players who like limbo/his playstyle (who are more likely to buy the prime access packs)

i would suggest DE takes the hydroid Prime route and keep the good thing(limbos duration) as is until for a few weeks/days and monitor it, instead of reducing it in half and drive away potential buyers.

One is a quality of life change, not for limbo but for certain teamates who just don't want to use melee or the rare players who use it to troll(which is an extreamly rare occurrence).

The duration is a Flat Nerf.

Lastly if anything i'm proud of their honesty to nerf the character upfront so I as a buyer can make an informed decision, you seem to imply they should be Bait and switching customers, which even if not illegal in this specific case is hardly a good practice in the long run as myself and certainly other players would remeber such an underhanded stunt when considering future prime packages.

As it stands I will not be purchasing Limbo prime if this Duration nerf remains in place. Which is a shame I was really excited to buy him.

2 hours ago, Zilotz said:

Sorry, but it was too short already and you cut in half the duration... Not a good change at all.

Limbo is as tough as wet paper already so it is just a fater way for Limbo ti get killed.. 😛

Excuse me, what? Limbo's Cataclysm and Stasis are two of the longest duration abilities in the game even as base unmoded and can go up to 90 seconds. And this change doesn't make it faster for him to get killed, more like the opposite, hell be able to survive more and being able to shoot enemies outside of the cataclysm bubble instead of risking it to melee while it shrinks with the cheeky 1shot that can happen sometimes. There is no downside to the Limbo changes other than people trying to cheese the 3 kils on a single glide riven challenge or the covering an objetive for longer than 1 minute and afking. Active Limbos will be able to recast them without any problem as they still last long enough.

14 hours ago, skysarmy said:

welp, can't do 3 headshots during aimglide any more, it seems

Maybe not with Limbo - but a helpful alternative is Vauban.  Take him to a Kubrow den on Earth and cast his Bastille on the den - it will pull all the Kubrows out and suspend them all in the exact same space - and they'll literally all be clipping through each other to the point it looks like 1 kubrow glitching out - 1 shot will hit all 3 heads 🙂

3 minutes ago, Kiwinille said:

Active Limbos will be able to recast them without any problem as they still last long enough.

Only if active limbo will not die casting it(which happens often on average levels(30+)).

4 minutes ago, Kiwinille said:

Excuse me, what? Limbo's Cataclysm and Stasis are two of the longest duration abilities in the game even as base unmoded and can go up to 90 seconds. And this change doesn't make it faster for him to get killed, more like the opposite, hell be able to survive more and being able to shoot enemies outside of the cataclysm bubble instead of risking it to melee while it shrinks with the cheeky 1shot that can happen sometimes. There is no downside to the Limbo changes other than people trying to cheese the 3 kils on a single glide riven challenge or the covering an objetive for longer than 1 minute and afking. Active Limbos will be able to recast them without any problem as they still last long enough.

Nothing was said about changing the fact that you cannot shoot enemies outside the rift while in it. only that teamates inside Cataclysm will be able to kill enemies ALSO in cataclysm. ultimately this DOES hurt his survivability the more he has to recast time stop the more chance of a level 80 enemy one shotting him, in addition this presents a doubled energy consumption which will make managing his energy consumption alot worse and will ultimatly boil down to "oh well i guess i just gotta sit in rift for a minute or two untill i have enough power to use my combo" ooh what fun that will be. 

11 minutes ago, Zilotz said:

Does not work in ult bubble.

> Go into passive > cast stasis first > cast cataclysm > profit?

8 minutes ago, ZeeR01 said:

Nothing was said about changing the fact that you cannot shoot enemies outside the rift while in it. only that teamates inside Cataclysm will be able to kill enemies ALSO in cataclysm. ultimately this DOES hurt his survivability the more he has to recast time stop the more chance of a level 80 enemy one shotting him, in addition this presents a doubled energy consumption which will make managing his energy consumption alot worse and will ultimatly boil down to "oh well i guess i just gotta sit in rift for a minute or two untill i have enough power to use my combo" ooh what fun that will be. 

Nothing was specified about Limbo not being affected, and generally when it says "ally", it includes self frames aswell. And as I replied to Zilotz, for survability on recasting, you can go into your passive, cast stasis then cataclysm with 0 risk involved. A double energy consumption of a 600ish energy pool with a primed flow and having a passive regen inside the bubble shouldn't affect us much, just like the so called "energy nerf" on Ember's WoF didn't affect her. You can "sit" in the rift but now you can also shoot while waiting ;^)

Edit: Reb actually said "Limbo's gear and all Ally gear will continue to function."

@[DE]Rebecca Now that Rift and Stasis are being changed, could there be a middle of the screen warning for players affected by banish to roll to get out of it? It's one of the biggest complaints new players have and it would stop the many, many threads people make about Limbo players trolling them. If this is done this update will be the best ever, especially for the guys that have to skim the forums for feedback.

Secondary mods for Dex Pixia you say? Well hot damn I'm so happy now!

You cant get better mod options elsewhere.

2x nice multishot mods, amazing primed mods, great attack speed on one of the MS mods, lovely pure damage options etc. This will indeed buff her.

El-Oh-El to the people complaining about having to use other arcanes. The change over to secondary mods will be a massive buff since it brings everything good that rifles currently have along with all the great stuff shotguns have more or less.

15 hours ago, Potatrobot said:

Killing a surged enemy doesn't automatically cause a radial banish. That's only if you banish them. And you can't banish a surged enemy if it's outside the Rift and you're in it. That's why it's a problem. Once the enemy is stuck outside the Rift, the only way to get them in is to banish a surged enemy that happens to be nearby, and that is completely unreliable. Killing surged enemies just puts them where you can't get to them. You have to step out of the Rift (dangerous for squishy Limbo in high-level missions) and

Which is why it's such a bad part of Rift Surge. It discourages players from killing enemies that they've trapped in the Rift, while if it transferred to enemies in the Rift it would help reinforce the 'banish-surge-kill' gameplay loop that Limbo needs.

Must of changed or got bugged since last time I played limbo and tested it as I haven't really played him much for a while now. I'm pretty sure it work that way originally because I remember doing it that way as when I did testing it before at that time I would only have to banish if I didn't rift surge targets before they all died off to transfer it. Is possible miss remembering as haven't really played limbo on my rift surge build much since the changes to his kit.

Please take into consideration some of the ideas right here in forum from feedback threads for Titania when you rework her. Her Dex Pixia certainly is her best feature right now but many qol changes to her razorwing, tribute and lantern would be welcome.

If you really follow your feedback section then I guess you already know of many of these suggestions.

28 minutes ago, Xsoskeleton said:

I think Limbo's gears should still affected by stasis, its his tactical skill afterall.

Limbo only has 3 augment mods, Stasis being the only ability not to have one. This could make it a decent augment for those Limbos who still want THEIR OWN projectiles to be affected by stasis (not ally's) and finally let Limbo have all 4 augments.

I like the changes to Limbo and now I hope I get less hate when people see me with limbo in public missions and the half on duration is not that bad for me on one of my builds that have the augment  for Cataclysm that would allow enemies to come in the rift when stasis is over so I can keep it up and I don't have to keep hitting my 2 to let them in. But I would still like to see the projectiles stop in time with a toggle to stasis

Archived