[DE]Rebecca

Titania's Exalted Weapons + Limbo: A Quick Workshop!

2 minutes ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

Alright, 53.4 seconds from a 30 second base. That's 178% ability duration. So 15 times 178%, you have 26.7 duration now, or will when the update goes live. You don't chop 15 seconds off at the end, you chop it off and then calculate duration properly.

My max duration limbo gets a 2 minute stasis.. and tons of community hate.

Now, he'll get 1 minute of stasis and much less hate... Plus i can secura penta everything into the abyss or cast cataclysm into a mob 50m away... Slide into the rift and snipe them at range with my rubico. 

Great trade off imo! Great job @[DE]Rebecca

Just now, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

My max duration limbo gets a 2 minute stasis.. and tons of community hate.

Now, he'll get 1 minute of stasis and much less hate... Plus i can secura penta everything into the abyss or cast cataclysm into a mob 50m away... Slide into the rift and snipe them at range with my rubico. 

Great trade off imo! Great job @[DE]Rebecca

you could do that all anyway.

No!!!Limbo is good now.As a limbo player I don’t know why everyone hate limbo.He is powerful and he is one of the best cc warframe in the game but everyone hate him??

• Woah 1

6 minutes ago, (PS4)gordonlau1324 said:

No!!!Limbo is good now.As a limbo player I don’t know why everyone hate limbo.He is powerful and he is one of the best cc warframe in the game but everyone hate him??

Everyone hates him because he dictates how everyone else in the squad should play. No frame should have the power to enforce a playstyle on other players

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GeoffFromAccounting said:

Everyone hates him because he dictates how everyone else in the squad should play. No frame should have the power to enforce a playstyle on other players

Meanwhile every nuker is given a free pass *cough* except for Banshee.

Oh WarFrame Community~ Moving goal posts since forever.

• Woah 1
  • Applause 1

2 minutes ago, GeoffFromAccounting said:

i see you brought a high powered rifle. it would be a shame if you couldn't use it!

but seriously, stasis has a bullet cap for a reason. if you get trolled by limbos stasis, then just burn through its bullet cap. nothing more trolling to a limbo than being knees deep in grineer heavy units when your stasis pops 10 seconds into a 60 second long stasis. 

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

from base 30 seconds to 15 seconds

vader_NOOOO.jpg

Such a lazy lazy "rework" :sadcry:

Edited by Viges
  • Woah 1

it seems to be that we have to wait until titania prime release to have a decent rework of her abilities.
DE you need to give some love to titania because the people who play her feel awkward and clunky even if “Pizza hat Steven” thinks that she was a mistake.   :blush:

• Woah 1

1 hour ago, Xepthrichros said:

So to anyone that thought Limbo Stasis was good for helping in certain Riven challenges... well, there it goes out the window.

You can still use Limbo for that riven challenge as it still stops enemy completely after the change. Can you not aim at frozen enemies at all without having bullets literally at their face and instantly shooting them all at the same time?

51 minutes ago, Caramello said:

Jesus christ, dont call yourself a limbo player if you think the duration trade-off for the ability to shoot while stasis is active is a nerf, cataclysm duration reduction would be, but having to press 2 again is no issue at all, is like nothing changed -.-"

Just like in the past, only people that use these frames for the cheesiest mechanics they provide for an easy life will complain when changes and "nerf" arrive.
People complained Ember's WoF change would be the end of her, but she's still strong, and people who truly played her still do, only people who wanted to easy cheese farm on max range and power complain because they have to jump ship to another frame to continue the cheesing. People complained that Banshee got huge nerf on her quake because lazy people couldn't afk anymore while killing everything in static missions anymore, while the rest of Banshee players benefit from the changes that made her better. Chorma, only people who wanted to 1shot cheese eidolons without effort complained about the "nerf".
Same happens/will happen with Limbo, only people who want to completely cheese the enemy for a long duration and afk will complain. You can try to educate them but they'll either ignore you and continue complaining because they'll have to look for another cheese tactic instead of actually playing the game or get quiet after a while and people get used to the changes.

• Like 1
  • Satisfied 2

1 hour ago, Xepthrichros said:

So to anyone that thought Limbo Stasis was good for helping in certain Riven challenges... well, there it goes out the window.

And one of Limbo's unique mechanics was stopping projectiles. 

How about letting Limbo do both?

Press and hold 2 - Stasis activated to stop enemy movement, and projectile movement for YOURSELF (not allies)

Quick tap 2 - Stasis activated to stop enemy movement only.

Because really, it was fun to create scenes similar to Neo or Magneto stopping bullets.

Just because a bunch of gun-loving Limbo haters made a lot of noise, they punish and nerf away one of Limbo's unique features. Why are ninjas even using guns to begin with?

This is also another good solution.

I've seen many people offering compromises and alternatives, including myself.

I just hope DE cares enough to listen to us instead of just making a sweeping change to a warframe without taking feedback from those who play the frame.

34 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Meanwhile every nuker is given a free pass *cough* except for Banshee.

Oh WarFrame Community~ Moving goal posts since forever.

You say that like I don't oppose Banshee and others like her who remove the need to play the game. If the frame is able to remove the abilities for allies to play, then that frame needs to be brought into question

• Woah 1
  • Applause 1

will you allow excalibur, valkyr wukong and other attacks such as Atlas and Titania's Diwata to be affected by rivens mods? Please! Yes?

1 minute ago, GeoffFromAccounting said:

If the frame is able to remove the abilities for allies to play, then that frame needs to be brought into question

I just don't understand why this is so hard for some to get.  It's sounds completely selfish to even argue against that statement.  

7 hours ago, Godin_The_Killer said:

You're making a lot of assumptions here.

First off, you're assuming that people know what someone's going to bring for pubs. Secondly, you're assuming that people should have what they want to do taken away because "my ability says so". Thirdly, you are assuming that "because I explain it to people" means that they are okay with it.

No, this is bad gameplay. You aren't going to restrict my gameplay. My favorite build is Equi (Day) with my Arca, using Maim as CC (and building up to the eventual nuke) while clearing out mobs with the Arca, whilst keeping moving to do the little damage maim does on as many targets as possible, while not being shot. This is not compatible with stasis, especially on a max range max duration stasis build. No, I'm not going to just stand around waiting for you to kill enough for me to do something, I'm going to go and kill myself, thanks.

1. Only assumption I'm making is that any given non-limbo player has options other than shooting guns, which was the point of the second paragraph. Frames I see commonly enough (Specifically Excal, Mesa, Ivara, Volt, etc) all have options by way of their powers which gets an energy regen in the stasis. The only exception to this is Titania, but given her suggested changes that could actually be fixed. You don't need to know if a Limbo is going to be in your party, just need enough know-how to use your powers and parkour.

2. You can look at it like "People having what they want to do taken away because my ability says so," but given 100% of the other team comps without Limbo let you shoot to your hearts content, I'd argue Limbo offers not only a change of pace to mix it up, but offers protection for you while you do so. I'd be willing to bet that any given non-Limbo player has run into more non-Limbo pub groups than they have Limbo pub groups, and even then you're most likely to find him in defense, rescue, or excavation.

3. Explaining the stasis situation isn't supposed to magically make them ok with it, but rather give an idea on how to turn a perceived barrier to their goal into a unique advantage. Frost does a bubble, but that bubble won't stop people from shooting you when you're both inside, or regen the team's energy, or hold enemies still for free kills without his augment. I know I can't shoot an enemy on the inside of Frost's globe if I'm on the outside. I parkour in there or use an ability to accomplish the task of killing the guy in the bubble. What I don't do is take to the forums and scream loudly that I can't do that with Globe every time I see Frost mentioned, or stand around getting shot in match* so I can send a strongly worded message to that frost about how his ability is cancer because it won't let me shoot the guy I want to. 

4. I'm also a fan of that Equinox setup, arca plasmor and all. At no point did I say you, or anyone else, needs to stand by so I can get the kills and at no point did I say or mean to infer that if you're playing with a Limbo you're not allowed to go outside the bubble. In fact, I inferred quite the opposite while trying to highlight that something like your Equinox setup is indeed compatible with a large range stasis.  Parkour. Move around the edges of the stasis while you're trying to get energy. Once maim is active, do as you said and venture outside of the bubble hadukening people with your shot-gun. The benefit Limbo is offering you is that when you decide to set the nuke off, you can return to the bubble so that you aren't shot down during the animation, and can quickly start regening energy. You have options. You could even decide to just stay in the bubble and melee, it's up to you. Let's be realistic, there's only a few maps (and we're talking defense, pretty much Akkad) where the map is so small that nearly all of it is covered. I'd still argue it's a change of pace. But something like a survival? Come on, we both know that you can be outside of the cataclysm but still within affinity range, and that's ignoring that the range shrinks over time. Interceptions, If you take half the map and Limbo the other you probably wouldn't even know he's there. Maxed range and all. So really the situations where Limbo's range is so large that you can't escape the cataclysm is pretty rare, and we're still ignoring that it shrinks as it's out.

What we have here is a nice thing. We're going to lose the nice thing because some people found themselves having to think outside of their box and simply could not abide by that. You said yourself you like to move around as Equinox. Fine, do it outside the bubble, but when you need a second to do an ability animation, the bubble will be there to protect you, and while you're off killing things moving around outside of the bubble, you can do so knowing nothing is going to touch that objective point because it's protected beyond belief. To put it as "I can't do the thing I want," is a real gross oversimplification because of all the ways I've pointed out that you have options. Yes, even as Maimquinox with an Arca Plasmor, because as you've stated you like to move around  hitting as many people as possible and nuking, which is possible on all but Akkad for the most part? I can only speak from my own personal experiences running into random Limbo's in the wild, but every single time I've been able to do very well just by following the advice I've given here. Even as Titania. This is why this feels like a response to people's preference to tantrums over tactics.

*Isn't that the best as a Limbo player? You're doing your thing and someone else spends the entire match complaining in chat rather than playing the game, they go down, and who else but Limbo can go right there and rez them without dying like a gentleman.

8 hours ago, Chewarette said:

To be fully consistent, why not Archwing Weapons then ? Dex Pixia is an Archwing weapon and dual Archwing Weapons exist so...

pls no archwing mods are bad especially compared to secondary mods

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, IzzyFrozen said:

Only assumption I'm making is that any given non-limbo player has options other than shooting guns, which was the point of the second paragraph. Frames I see commonly enough (Specifically Excal, Mesa, Ivara, Volt, etc) all have options by way of their powers which gets an energy regen in the stasis. The only exception to this is Titania, but given her suggested changes that could actually be fixed. You don't need to know if a Limbo is going to be in your party, just need enough know-how to use your powers and parkour.

I have to say this again because people seem to keep missing it.  Ivara's powers except for Prowl do not work correctly in Stasis.  Those powers are all projectile flight time based which Stasis freezes.  This includes Cloak Arrow, Noise Arrow, Sleep Arrow, Dashwire, Navigator, and Artemis Bow.  

Yes she regains energy while in Stasis but can only use Prowl and melee while in it.  Correction, She can switch to Operator and then shoot stuff with void beam.  

That said, how can an Ivara player really be happy with a Stasis spammer. 

Edited by DatDarkOne

18 minutes ago, IzzyFrozen said:

1. Only assumption I'm making is that any given non-limbo player has options other than shooting guns, which was the point of the second paragraph. Frames I see commonly enough (Specifically Excal, Mesa, Ivara, Volt, etc) all have options by way of their powers which gets an energy regen in the stasis. The only exception to this is Titania, but given her suggested changes that could actually be fixed. You don't need to know if a Limbo is going to be in your party, just need enough know-how to use your powers and parkour.

2. You can look at it like "People having what they want to do taken away because my ability says so," but given 100% of the other team comps without Limbo let you shoot to your hearts content, I'd argue Limbo offers not only a change of pace to mix it up, but offers protection for you while you do so. I'd be willing to bet that any given non-Limbo player has run into more non-Limbo pub groups than they have Limbo pub groups, and even then you're most likely to find him in defense, rescue, or excavation.

3. Explaining the stasis situation isn't supposed to magically make them ok with it, but rather give an idea on how to turn a perceived barrier to their goal into a unique advantage. Frost does a bubble, but that bubble won't stop people from shooting you when you're both inside, or regen the team's energy, or hold enemies still for free kills without his augment. I know I can't shoot an enemy on the inside of Frost's globe if I'm on the outside. I parkour in there or use an ability to accomplish the task of killing the guy in the bubble. What I don't do is take to the forums and scream loudly that I can't do that with Globe every time I see Frost mentioned, or stand around getting shot in match* so I can send a strongly worded message to that frost about how his ability is cancer because it won't let me shoot the guy I want to. 

4. I'm also a fan of that Equinox setup, arca plasmor and all. At no point did I say you, or anyone else, needs to stand by so I can get the kills and at no point did I say or mean to infer that if you're playing with a Limbo you're not allowed to go outside the bubble. In fact, I inferred quite the opposite while trying to highlight that something like your Equinox setup is indeed compatible with a large range stasis.  Parkour. Move around the edges of the stasis while you're trying to get energy. Once maim is active, do as you said and venture outside of the bubble hadukening people with your shot-gun. The benefit Limbo is offering you is that when you decide to set the nuke off, you can return to the bubble so that you aren't shot down during the animation, and can quickly start regening energy. You have options. You could even decide to just stay in the bubble and melee, it's up to you. Let's be realistic, there's only a few maps (and we're talking defense, pretty much Akkad) where the map is so small that nearly all of it is covered. I'd still argue it's a change of pace. But something like a survival? Come on, we both know that you can be outside of the cataclysm but still within affinity range, and that's ignoring that the range shrinks over time. Interceptions, If you take half the map and Limbo the other you probably wouldn't even know he's there. Maxed range and all. So really the situations where Limbo's range is so large that you can't escape the cataclysm is pretty rare, and we're still ignoring that it shrinks as it's out.

What we have here is a nice thing. We're going to lose the nice thing because some people found themselves having to think outside of their box and simply could not abide by that. You said yourself you like to move around as Equinox. Fine, do it outside the bubble, but when you need a second to do an ability animation, the bubble will be there to protect you, and while you're off killing things moving around outside of the bubble, you can do so knowing nothing is going to touch that objective point because it's protected beyond belief. To put it as "I can't do the thing I want," is a real gross oversimplification because of all the ways I've pointed out that you have options. Yes, even as Maimquinox with an Arca Plasmor, because as you've stated you like to move around  hitting as many people as possible and nuking, which is possible on all but Akkad for the most part? I can only speak from my own personal experiences running into random Limbo's in the wild, but every single time I've been able to do very well just by following the advice I've given here. Even as Titania. This is why this feels like a response to people's preference to tantrums over tactics.

*Isn't that the best as a Limbo player? You're doing your thing and someone else spends the entire match complaining in chat rather than playing the game, they go down, and who else but Limbo can go right there and rez them without dying like a gentleman.

so youre saying limbo doesnt limit your playstyle but say that ppl should just use a small group of warframes and always carry a powerful melee to play?

it would be good if we could have at least 2 forma slot per wep. dont wanna use 4-5 formas in order to do same thing as i can do now just becaouse we got another "weapon" to mod.

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I have to say this again because people seem to keep missing it.  Ivara's powers except for Prowl do not work correctly in Stasis.  Those powers are all projectile based which Stasis freezes.  This includes Cloak Arrow, Noise Arrow, Sleep Arrow, Dashwire, Navigator, and Artemis Bow.  

Yes she regains energy while in Stasis but can only use Prowl and melee while in it.  Correction, She can switch to Operator and then shoot stuff with void beam.  

That said, how can an Ivara player really be happy with a Stasis spammer. 

Interesting. Last time I did a Limbo/Ivara combo Artemis worked fine. I assume you've tried more recently than I have and that's no longer the case, which sucks. That said, I don't see why making her exalted work the same as the others would be a worse change than messing stasis entirely. Or her other arrows, for that matter, but I don't know how much actual use they would be for enemies already cc'd through stasis. Kind of the same way sleep arrowing an enemy in Bastille would also be pointless.

That's really unfortunate about Artemis bow though. That should totally change. 100% agree. At current, she'll need to stick outside of the cataclysm, and that really sucks. I'm sorry about that.

16 minutes ago, CpTKugelHagel said:

pls no archwing mods are bad especially compared to secondary mods

That's just tuning issues. If mods are like 20% less powerful, let's make Dex Pixia's power 20% more powerful baseline. That's even better for people with few mods.

Plus, all mods are not worse than regular mods. 

4 minutes ago, IzzyFrozen said:

That's really unfortunate about Artemis bow though. That should totally change. 100% agree. At current, she'll need to stick outside of the cataclysm, and that really sucks. I'm sorry about that.

I was able to adjust because using melee is part of my playstyle.  It was just annoying the first few times to find all my arrows frozen Whenever I tried to use powers.  

While I have adapted, it's still a problem that is now being fixed with the change.  

2 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

That's just tuning issues. If mods are like 20% less powerful, let's make Dex Pixia's power 20% more powerful baseline. That's even better for people with few mods.

Plus, all mods are not worse than regular mods. 

not only in terms of damage but also in variety i mean there are like 20 archwing mods and hundreds of secondary mods

DE should have never added archwing mods in the first place and should have made them be moddable with normal mods

Edited by CpTKugelHagel

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

I was able to adjust because using melee is part of my playstyle.  It was just annoying the first few times to find all my arrows frozen Whenever I tried to use powers.  

While I have adapted, it's still a problem that is now being fixed with the change.  

arguable should the change not happen on ivara and not limbo. every other exalted weapon works. why change limbo cause of a bug with Ivara?

17 minutes ago, CpTKugelHagel said:

so youre saying limbo doesnt limit your playstyle but say that ppl should just use a small group of warframes and always carry a powerful melee to play?

So you saw me say " Specifically Excal, Mesa, Ivara, Volt, etc " and took it to mean ONLY those frames, which is the opposite of what that bold 'ect' implies, and then you saw "You said yourself you like to move around as Equinox. Fine, do it outside the bubble, but when you need a second to do an ability animation, the bubble will be there to protect you, and while you're off killing things moving around outside of the bubble, you can do so knowing nothing is going to touch that objective point because it's protected beyond belief," or where I said " At no point did I say you, or anyone else, needs to stand by so I can get the kills and at no point did I say or mean to infer that if you're playing with a Limbo you're not allowed to go outside the bubble." And took that to mean that I'm saying you must bring the best melee and stay in the bubble, the opposite of what I've said? Am I hearing you correctly?

Edited by IzzyFrozen

3 minutes ago, IzzyFrozen said:

So you saw me say " Specifically Excal, Mesa, Ivara, Volt, etc " and took it to mean ONLY those frames, which is the opposite of what that bold 'ect' implies, and then you saw "You said yourself you like to move around as Equinox. Fine, do it outside the bubble, but when you need a second to do an ability animation, the bubble will be there to protect you, and while you're off killing things moving around outside of the bubble, you can do so knowing nothing is going to touch that objective point because it's protected beyond belief," or where I said " At no point did I say you, or anyone else, needs to stand by so I can get the kills and at no point did I say or mean to infer that if you're playing with a Limbo you're not allowed to go outside the bubble." And took that to mean that I'm saying you must bring the best melee and stay in the bubble, the opposite of what I've said? Am I hearing you correctly?

limbos bubble has an enourmous range when (as nearly all limbo players do) modded for range its bigger as 95% of the warframe abilitys we have and most of the tilesets are made of small rooms trown together so beeing outside the bubble is hard, wich brings us back to limited playstyle as you have to bring a powerful melee and/or a frame that can kill stuff with stasis like the ones you mentioned (even tho ivaras abilitys still get paused by stasis as someone else already told you)

Edited by CpTKugelHagel
spelling