Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Exalted Weapons + Limbo: A Quick Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, skbenga said:

BULLET CAP. JUST SHOOT AT STUFF TILL STASIS DROPS. i dont know why people dont get this. 

from the wiki: "up to 300 weapon fire objects can be suspended by Stasis, exceeding this limit will end the ability prematurely."

so big bubble no problem. just shoot at stuff till stasis drops. dont worry limbo will reactivate it, just keep shooting.

i know about that, i mainly play with the Braton Prime so i have to waste around 150 shots (cause of multishot only the half) to brake his stasis so he will just press 2 again and i have to waste another 150 shots do that 5 times and my ammo pool is depleted 

16 minutes ago, skbenga said:

arguable should the change not happen on ivara and not limbo. every other exalted weapon works. why change limbo cause of a bug with Ivara?

Or maybe just maybe because it's just annoying as hell for everyone that isn't the Limbo player and not just Ivara.  Hmmmm.  

In all honesty, the only thing I can really see Limbo players being upset about is the duration change.  Something that some Limbo players have said wouldn't be an issue.  

So my real question is this.  Why is having group members that can shoot while in Stasis a problem?  Doesn't seem like a problem at all to me and more a boon for everyone.  

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

Or maybe just maybe because it's just annoying as hell for every that isn't the Limbo player and not just Ivara.  Hmmmm.  

In all honesty, the only thing I can really see Limbo players being upset about is the duration change.  Something that some Limbo players have said wouldn't be an issue.  

So my real question is this.  Why is having group members that can shoot while in Stasis a problem?  Doesn't seem like a problem at all to me and more a boon for everyone.  

haha only for the numbers. i just need to kill 2 enemies in the rift to regen enough energy to recast stasis.
but the damage bonus from rift torrent is calculated at current numbers.
at the moment if i say have a 500% damage bonus from rift torrent. with stasis on i will shoot at all the enemy i want then release my 2. all enemies take the buffed damage.

with the new changes each enemy i kill will reduce my buff.

5 minutes ago, skbenga said:

haha only for the numbers. i just need to kill 2 enemies in the rift to regen enough energy to recast stasis.
but the damage bonus from rift torrent is calculated at current numbers.
at the moment if i say have a 500% damage bonus from rift torrent. with stasis on i will shoot at all the enemy i want then release my 2. all enemies take the buffed damage.

with the new changes each enemy i kill will reduce my buff.

So basically you want to limit everyone else in the group so that you can have a damage buff? Please correct me if I have this wrong.  

19 hours ago, Qamelion said:

What Limbo needs is to banish enemies into the rift with his 1, while he is already in the rift.
..and of course vice versa. It allows a faster play style.
Since years I always try to banish enemies into my "current world".
This mechanic is also great for teamplay. When an enemy is currently in the rift you can immediately bring him back into the normal world.

I agree, Limbo's 1st ability should pull enemies into your current plane of existence rather than push them into another

12 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

So basically you want to limit everyone else in the group so that you can have a damage buff? Please correct me if I have this wrong.  

Except im not limiting anyone. 4 warframes throwing bullets will kill the stasis cap in a seconds anyway. and im keeping everyone safe and giving energy for free!

3 minutes ago, Lholland said:

I agree, Limbo's 1st ability should pull enemies into your current plane of existence rather than push them into another

^ This is completely and utterly overpowered, not to mention that it defeats the purpose of having his 3rd and 4th ability.

Stop advocating for this. Its never gonna happen again.

1 minute ago, ljmadruga said:

^ This is completely and utterly overpowered, not to mention that it defeats the purpose of having his 3rd and 4th ability.

Stop advocating for this. Its never gonna happen again.

it will give limbo a way to pull enemies into the rift without using cataclysm and this the rest of the team can do as they please.

21 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Or maybe just maybe because it's just annoying as hell for everyone that isn't the Limbo player and not just Ivara.  Hmmmm.  

That is a great question. I can only speak for myself: I don't care if you shoot things while in stasis. It's not a problem for me. I'd be perfectly happy if all allies could and the stasis only froze my bullets, but without such a sharp dip to duration. 50% is a lot. If DE came to me like a genie and said "You get to make 1 Limbo change" I'd say "a monocle and walking stick gunblade for Limbo Prime." If they said I get to make a second change, I'd be perfectly fine with Allies can shoot in stasis, Limbo can't, and the duration goes from base 30s to 20 or 25s instead of 15s so as to keep it more in line with Cataclysm and easier to manage. FWIW, my 3rd Limbo wish is a noggle. I would be mad that Umbra Excal is getting one before us, but that tea set looks so fine next to Limbo that I can't stay mad.

So yeah, it's absolutely nothing personal, non-limbo's. I solo, or clan run with Limbo so as to avoid annoying players who are just trying to have fun, and it's unfortunate that so many people haven't been able to find their fun when Limbo at current is around. I don't want to take players' guns away, ha ha ha. If this change means Limbo players (all 19 of us) can come out of the shadows and not stand around getting yelled at, then both parties are having fun. Losing a unique mechanic like this feels like a shame (I really like it, even it was Limbo only) and losing 50% duration feels way too harsh. So go nuts when the change comes through. The needs of the many and all that. I like the stasis mechanic the way someone who likes tinkering with music might like messing with Octavia's mandachord. It's something different, works well (in solo or with a group that knows going in what's up) and is something that is unlike any other character in games I've played.

1 minute ago, IzzyFrozen said:

That is a great question. I can only speak for myself: I don't care if you shoot things while in stasis. It's not a problem for me. I'd be perfectly happy if all allies could and the stasis only froze my bullets, but without such a sharp dip to duration. 50% is a lot. If DE came to me like a genie and said "You get to make 1 Limbo change" I'd say "a monocle and walking stick gunblade for Limbo Prime." If they said I get to make a second change, I'd be perfectly fine with Allies can shoot in stasis, Limbo can't, and the duration goes from base 30s to 20 or 25s instead of 15s so as to keep it more in line with Cataclysm and easier to manage. FWIW, my 3rd Limbo wish is a noggle. I would be mad that Umbra Excal is getting one before us, but that tea set looks so fine next to Limbo that I can't stay mad.

So yeah, it's absolutely nothing personal, non-limbo's. I solo, or clan run with Limbo so as to avoid annoying players who are just trying to have fun, and it's unfortunate that so many people haven't been able to find their fun when Limbo at current is around. I don't want to take players' guns away, ha ha ha. If this change means Limbo players (all 19 of us) can come out of the shadows and not stand around getting yelled at, then both parties are having fun. Losing a unique mechanic like this feels like a shame (I really like it, even it was Limbo only) and losing 50% duration feels way too harsh. So go nuts when the change comes through. The needs of the many and all that. I like the stasis mechanic the way someone who likes tinkering with music might like messing with Octavia's mandachord. It's something different, works well (in solo or with a group that knows going in what's up) and is something that is unlike any other character in games I've played.

yeah 50% is a hard change, they should ATLEAST make the ability recastable now with the bullet freezing begone

59 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

Does this mean that you're Dropping the Bullet Stop Effect COMPLETELY ??

I wanted ghost bullets myself (So a bullet fires but a copy is left in stasis and that copy somehow provides a positive interaction), but I'll admit I'm mostly mentally focused on Limbo being welcome in groups.  

9 hours ago, MemesFrom2009 said:

These are some nice changes, especialy to Limbo, but

WHERE IS MY VAUBAN REWORK?

Does he really need one? I think he is kind of non synergistic but generally in a pretty good place. 

15 minutes ago, IzzyFrozen said:

Thank you for giving a reply and expanding on the effects of the duration change.  :clem:

27 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

There is already a way to do that via rift surge.

It is pretty nonsensical how rift surge works. Pulls in targets when they leave the rift but if you kill them while affected rift surge does not proc.

So you have to toy with enemies more than is enjoyable just to use the ability how it was designed.

Rift surge should proc when an enemy dies and not when they are sent back to the mortal realm. Also, when affected targets are not in the rift they should proc banish on death regardless of what plane they are in. 

18 hours ago, Rogelio_Gaona said:

• Because most of non limbo players dont realise how limbo rift work and that change would be more intuitive (an less anoying) for they to learn how rift work and play.
  • And this keep limbo playstyle unchanged for limbo.
  • Also thats why i say "if stasis is active" if is not, cataclism works like always. 

I dont see any point here.Making him more "simple to use" in terms of sacrificing some of his intended mechanic would just make his Cataclysm Frost Globe 2.0 rather than Cataclysm.

As a Limbo player I'd like to say - oh my gawd people - is nobody ever happy with the DE's trying to fix something? I swear if they listened to half the complaints the fanbase had the game would be exactly the same as the day it was first made.

Anyway I'll wait and see how Limbo's  changes make him feel.

6 hours ago, Kiwinille said:

> Go into passive > cast stasis first > cast cataclysm > profit?

So i'm in bubble with 20 angry enemies inside when they unfreeze and 30-40 angry enemies outside the bubble.

Stasis duration ends while bubble has still half of duration - all mobs shoot at you inside and outside rift, you don't have enough energy to recast bubble yet.

1) How passive can save you? Do you have rift2 and rift3 planes to hide in?

2) How many bullets you will take during casting animation?

5 minutes ago, Zilotz said:

So i'm in bubble with 20 angry enemies inside when they unfreeze and 30-40 angry enemies outside the bubble.

Stasis duration ends while bubble has still half of duration - all mobs shoot at you inside and outside rift, you don't have enough energy to recast bubble yet.

kill enemies before stasis runs out?

EDIT: also there cant be so many enemies at once especially when you play solo,

5 minutes ago, Zilotz said:

Stasis and Cataclysm have the same duration because stasis is basically an addition that only works inside cata bubble. The inconsistency of only bringing one of the abilities to half duration doesn't make sense so it would be safe to assume both are being halved, though this is just an assumption and would be nice if @[DE]Rebecca could clarify on this matter. If not then:

1) You see the time left on your stasis on your ability icon, when you see it's about to run out, you get of out the cata bubble and instantly dash. Use 4 to deactivate cataclysm and a couple of seconds later your stasis will run out, so you recast stasis and then cataclym again while you're immune by your passive. You don't have to stand still to do everything, you know.

2) 0?

28 minutes ago, Zilotz said:

Stasis duration ends while bubble has still half of duration - all mobs shoot at you inside and outside rift, you don't have enough energy to recast bubble yet

You do know that enemies outside of the Cataclysm can't harm you, right?  Also, Stasis is a fairly quick cast and enemies are usually temporarily stunned by Cataclysm/Banish (more so Banish) that can buy you a precious few seconds to cast Stasis again.  Alternatively, use equipment to help compensate (Hirudo for health regen, Shade for invis, etc)

Archived