Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Exalted Weapons + Limbo: A Quick Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

I'm fine with these Limbo changes. Stasis usually breaks early anyways for me because of allies and too many enemies in rift, so I have a feeling this reduced duration stasis will effectively end up lasting longer than current configuration.

The only downside I can see now is that people will get mad at Limbo for NOT using stasis, so they can take easy shots at enemies in Cataclysm.

24 minutes ago, Serenna187 said:

Hooray for Dex Pixia buff,now bring Magnum Force in line with its counterparts to not indirectly nerf it anyway

So weapon use while stasis is on is legit now?You just replaced a salt dispenser with sugar.BUT the stasis duration nerf adds absolutely nothing,if you use it,you chill your nuggets anyway and having to recast it after 40,or 80 sec changes nothing,a pointless nerf

Just use augur pact >.>

Sooo,

Remove ally prtojectiles from Time Stop - good.

Remove Limbos projectiles from timestop? - wasn't that 80-90% of the selling point you made for this mess?

Reduce duration of Time Stop doesn't really affect anything, apart from more work for the player.

Still doesn't help Rift Surge being a useless mess and all the other issues.

Can't we just have the old Limbo back and release this generic Crowd Control version as a second Rift Walker frame?

Just now, BladeRambler said:

I'm fine with these Limbo changes. Stasis usually breaks early anyways for me because of allies and too many enemies in rift, so I have a feeling this reduced duration stasis will effectively end up lasting longer than current configuration.

But if allies aren't popping stasis anymore, this is just an unfettered, uncalled for nerf. And since enemies can be killed much more easily now, both of these points are totally moot.

Titania!

You may have heard separately-Moddable 'Exalted' weapons are coming. This is true - and all 'Exalted' weapons use the Mod classes you'd expect. But Titania's Dex Pixia is different. We had to make a choice - right now on live it uses Shotgun or Rifle Mods. This isn't compatible with the way Modding works once it is an exposed option, so we've pivoted in a direction that also Buffs Dex Pixia! Once separately-Moddable 'Exalted' weapons goes live, Dex Pixia will use SECONDARY mods! Since there are no dual-primaries in game, we felt it was best to use Secondary Mods to not only buff, but also be consistent! 

We have also buffed the base stats of Titania's Diwata - stay tuned for final numbers in the upcoming Notes.

But I don't understand why so many things is aimed on her razorwings. I would love to see her as great buffer and cc frame to have some diversity.
Tribute: I really like the mechanics of collectiong souls(?) from enemies, but those buffs are nothing compared to Harrow or Octavia.
There also should be changes for  Beguiling Lanternsince it's only affect teammates, while it should Titania itself.

Limbo is one of the most complex Warframes -...and well-trained Limbo, the answer is yes

So instead of keeping him a more complex frame that takes time to know the proper situations in when to stasis, bubble, etc etc just changing it so that the people who don't understand him won't be as bad or hurt the experience of others around him. And seems like people always forget that there is an entire section of weapons called melee which still work in stasis and that abilities work through the rift. i.e. Mesa 4.

*Edit* Also going to miss the ability to set up a stasis cataclysm on a defense mission, did this in solo, and load up a bunch of zarr shots then watch as the crowd of enemies around the pod explode gloriously.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Two small workshops in one! We'll start with Titania because she truly is the smallest of all.

Titania!

You may have heard separately-Moddable 'Exalted' weapons are coming. This is true - and all 'Exalted' weapons use the Mod classes you'd expect. But Titania's Dex Pixia is different. We had to make a choice - right now on live it uses Shotgun or Rifle Mods. This isn't compatible with the way Modding works once it is an exposed option, so we've pivoted in a direction that also Buffs Dex Pixia! Once separately-Moddable 'Exalted' weapons goes live, Dex Pixia will use SECONDARY mods! Since there are no dual-primaries in game, we felt it was best to use Secondary Mods to not only buff, but also be consistent! 

We have also buffed the base stats of Titania's Diwata - stay tuned for final numbers in the upcoming Notes.

And Limbo...

Limbo is one of the most complex Warframes - he's more polarizing than a lifetime supply of Forma! He is also one of the most consistently used. The power to stop-time completely is quite strong - but is it cooperative when weapons are affected? Certainly with a coordinated team and well-trained Limbo, the answer is yes. But that's not always the case.

To put Limbo's Stasis in a more cooperative position, it has been changed to only stop-time for Enemies. Limbo's gear and all Ally gear will continue to function. But, because complete time-halting for enemies within the Rift is akin to godly power, the duration of the ability has been shortened overall - from base 30 seconds to 15 seconds. This is of course affected by Mods.

This feels pretty great in testing, requiring more attention if you have Mods that negatively impact Duration, while also allowing free weapon use. We will be monitoring this change closely to see if further tweaks are needed. Expert Limbo players who can easily traverse Rifting will have no trouble with this Duration change.

Cheers, all! This is just a snapshot of some changes coming in the near future (nearer on PC than on Console). It does not preclude other tweaks and adjustments to our beloved Arsenal. We'll be watching for comments, and awaiting practical feedback when the time comes!

Can you also add a QOL of allowing limbo to use the mobile defence module please

Are you kidding me DE.

SECONDARY BLOODY MODS?!

Secondary mods DON'T have punch through. This "buff" or "update" will RUIN my main. Those ridiculous corpses blocking my way when piercing through enemies forces me to have punchthrough on every dex pixia build I run. The lack of punchthrough will ruin titania's dps since she can't kill multiple enemies.

if you insist that titania must use secondary mods, PLEASE, give Dex Pixia innate punch through.

35 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

If they didn't shorten the duration, then this change would be straight up a buff for Limbo.
And Limbo doesn't need buffs, considering he can render any enemy in the game helpless. The shorter duration is fine. Just mod for some duration and you are set. I mean, Limbo doesn't really need strength that much. So it's easy to go for some duration...

No, it wouldn't. It would be a QoL improvement for people that play with a Limbo. The entire point of a CC frame is to render enemies helpless. I already run max duration on my Limbo because of his ability to lock things down. This is a complete nerf for no reason. I even enjoyed using melee as limbo, because of how fun certain stances are. However you slice this, it's a slap in the face to the people that actually put the work in to make a good limbo build.

9 minutes ago, Malziel said:

For all the people calling this a "trade-off," let me ask you something. Do we not make trade-offs between Warframe stats already in the form of modding warframes? This is strictly a nerf to Limbo's duration and should be treated as such. This is obscene. DE, why must you constantly make genuinely good improvements, but then couple them with asinine nerfs?

Firstly let me say I agree with you in all the points you made. That being said, there is no need to use language like asinine because whoever proposed the changes will take that as a personal affront. Not that they should, but simply how people are. Secondly, it's not a straight nerf, as the ability is being changed to be different, however unwanted the change is.
To address this change however: I personally like the entire freezing projectiles / bullets that limbo had going on. It made it more fun to be able to hold them should you desire to.

We have enough "protecting" abilities like this in the form of frost's bubble, gara's glass, volt's shields, for example.
And it completely outclasses current area of denial abilities like Khora's thing and Vauban's bastille.

Just now, Serenna187 said:

Or do make a long useless and inconsistent mod usefull after x years.More than enough people already complained about magnum force since its release

I'm just offering a short term solution, because as you've said it's been a long, long time problem.

Much like the other 3 of Titania's abilities.

58 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

And Limbo...

Limbo is one of the most complex Warframes - he's more polarizing than a lifetime supply of Forma! He is also one of the most consistently used. The power to stop-time completely is quite strong - but is it cooperative when weapons are affected? Certainly with a coordinated team and well-trained Limbo, the answer is yes. But that's not always the case.

To put Limbo's Stasis in a more cooperative position, it has been changed to only stop-time for Enemies. Limbo's gear and all Ally gear will continue to function. But, because complete time-halting for enemies within the Rift is akin to godly power, the duration of the ability has been shortened overall - from base 30 seconds to 15 seconds. This is of course affected by Mods.

This feels pretty great in testing, requiring more attention if you have Mods that negatively impact Duration, while also allowing free weapon use. We will be monitoring this change closely to see if further tweaks are needed. Expert Limbo players who can easily traverse Rifting will have no trouble with this Duration change.

Cheers, all! This is just a snapshot of some changes coming in the near future (nearer on PC than on Console). It does not preclude other tweaks and adjustments to our beloved Arsenal. We'll be watching for comments, and awaiting practical feedback when the time comes!

having it so people can use their weapons is a big improvement and means limbo can once again be used in public without fear. He his time stasis was not usable when 'pugging' due to people assuming the limbo is going to troll with it (and some people did) or people would deliberately shoot in the rift to start the time up again, just to mess with the limbo player (or not understand how it works)  

I'd like a better explanation to the duration Nerf? I'm not seeing any other reasoning behind this? energy isn't hard to a limbo player to get sure, but I don't see the need to make time stop a really short thing. 

Archived