Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Exalted Weapons + Limbo: A Quick Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

Surprised it took this long to make such a small but seemingly necessary change. Really dragged your feet on this one.

While I'm glad this got changed, Limbo is a frame that's going to need an overhaul eventually, one way or another. His kit is simply too complicated for no real reason. And while this change is good, it is removing one of the cool factor elements people like about him, of neatly placing Dio projectiles.

There are core elements to Limbo that should always be retained. Time stop, preparing death for enemies, whisking objectives / NPCs / allies away from danger. As long as those elements are preserved, all the push / pulling in and out of damage states can be removed entirely, as it was always a means to the ends of having a time-based power fantasy.

Just now, Rogelio_Gaona said:

@[DE]Rebecca I had a less conflictive suggestion:

• If stasis is active, the allies (and centinels) shots simply get out of the rift and only hit non rifted enemies, so cataclysm+stasis can work something like frost dome, limbo shots still frozen (because is realy fun for limbo players) and everithink else interactions unchanged(mele, powers, etc.)

Thats...real awkward..

..sorry to Titania players who leaned on the current mods.

as for Limbo: i said just yesterday i knew something was coming. to this i say- those who used null duration limbos, do you think your builds gonna be workable still? sorry if not.

personally much as i like Limbo, this change means nothing to me at this point, beyond an annoyance.

Titania needs more then quick look at her 4, this frame is total mess, at least allow her to benefit from "aviator"

As for Limbo changes - that is all good for Limbo teammates who want to shoot, but totally wipe up his value as MD and  Excavation frame

And he also lose a lot of his survivability

On the bright side - there is always choice to use Vauban with max range build as alternative

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

And Limbo...

Limbo is one of the most complex Warframes - he's more polarizing than a lifetime supply of Forma! He is also one of the most consistently used. The power to stop-time completely is quite strong - but is it cooperative when weapons are affected? Certainly with a coordinated team and well-trained Limbo, the answer is yes. But that's not always the case.

To put Limbo's Stasis in a more cooperative position, it has been changed to only stop-time for Enemies. Limbo's gear and all Ally gear will continue to function. But, because complete time-halting for enemies within the Rift is akin to godly power, the duration of the ability has been shortened overall - from base 30 seconds to 15 seconds. This is of course affected by Mods.

This feels pretty great in testing, requiring more attention if you have Mods that negatively impact Duration, while also allowing free weapon use. We will be monitoring this change closely to see if further tweaks are needed. Expert Limbo players who can easily traverse Rifting will have no trouble with this Duration change.

Roll is too vital to movement for it to be tied to rift walk, it would be nice if its was just on backflip and side roll.

1 hour ago, -Mittens- said:

Once again, compromises. I don't agree with this at all because it honestly feels pointless. Like, it comes off as if we're not allowed to have our cake and eat it too.  

The saying originally goes "you can't eat your cake and have it too". And it's true. It's physically impossible because once you eat it it's gone.

Also, large area of effect hard CC with base duration of 30 seconds and built in 2 energy per second regeneration... Can't think of any other Warframe that is that OP. I think that might be why they are shortening the duration. I would love it if they didn't Nerf the duration but I would understand if they did... And I'm a limbo main.

Ok so i'm incredibly excited about limbo's stasis not freezing bullets anymore as an ally of limbo.

But i'm wondering if limbo could still stop his own bullets. 

I mean not like that matters that much, it's mainly just because i want to still cheese the 3 headshots in a single aimglide.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Titania!

You may have heard separately-Moddable 'Exalted' weapons are coming. This is true - and all 'Exalted' weapons use the Mod classes you'd expect. But Titania's Dex Pixia is different. We had to make a choice - right now on live it uses Shotgun or Rifle Mods. This isn't compatible with the way Modding works once it is an exposed option, so we've pivoted in a direction that also Buffs Dex Pixia! Once separately-Moddable 'Exalted' weapons goes live, Dex Pixia will use SECONDARY mods! Since there are no dual-primaries in game, we felt it was best to use Secondary Mods to not only buff, but also be consistent! 

We have also buffed the base stats of Titania's Diwata - stay tuned for final numbers in the upcoming Notes.

Regarding the general commentary regarding Titania, will her other abilities receive some QoL improvements and such so her kit is easier for players to pick up and reliable use? I know Lantern is one people have issues with, and (while I personally don't have issues with it) making Tribute telegraph buffs a little better and how to get them might be a nice change.

Another suggestion I'd have for Limbo is to have his dodge rift transfer be a toggle on and off. This is mainly due to my small annoyance that every time I exit cataclsym I have to reenter the rift via a dodge (and enemies tend to be quick to snipe me in that small window of time). Kind of a small gripe, but It'd be nice if it were a toggle to where I would always be in the rift, even if I transfer in an out of cataclysm.

I think I'm on board with a lot of people wanting a complete rework on Titania. 

Her 1 is sorta fine but I think it needs more range

Her 2 is just useless maybe give some flower powers that either entrap enemies or confuses them? or just buffs her damage 

Her 3 should keep the target still while still suspended in the air 

Her 4 well you have her 4th covered but definitely do buff her.

1 hour ago, Funki0 said:

Good day.

Since I am mainly playing Limbo, I am absolutely not amused by having a 80sec cataclysm, but only a 40sec stasis. You actually don't need complete weapon usage inside the rift with stasis active. The Limbo just needs to know how to use his tools effectively and people who either don't understand him and his mechanics or just hate him because of no reason shouldn't complain about the Warframe, since it is not the fault of the Warframe, but the user.
You can play perfectly well with Limbo is at this moment.
But I will see how the changes will impact his gameplay, like many others too.

Well, as too many have said about Ember's WoF, "Just recast it."  pfffffff

That aside, the picture I'm seeing here is allies can shoot frozen enemies from the safety of an invincible to damage bubble?  Why would I ever need to use another defensive frame? Ever.

25 minutes ago, owendawgx said:

Sure stopping your projectiles is cool, and if you want to pretend you're DIO it's fun, but it's bad. A duration nerf to 15 seconds shouldn't be a problem honestly, and the trade off is well worth it. Being able to use whatever weapons you want is a huge boon not only to team play but also to personal choice. I haven't played Limbo much since his initial rework because there was no reason to unless I wanted to go melee only solo. This change is going to be an overall positive for more players than having the weapon stop remain even just for yourself.

I didn't know who Dio was until people started making memes about it, and I still hate that meme 😛

Also, i'm sure that it is a boon to my team, but I fall within the rare case where I only ever play with friends or people who know what i'm doing and where it comes in. I personally like to stop my own bullets, line up some shots for a bit of a showoff and then snap my fingers and everything's dead. It's a fun mechanic, and it should at least be made an augment mod for self if it's not default behaviour.

Here's the thing: I'd be 100% fine with the Limbo change if it stopped his bullets only. With this change, it makes Limbo's stasis into nothing but a generic AoE stun in the rift. There's no neat mechanic to it, like bullet-stopping. Nothing cool you can really do with it. 

I agree that the removal of stopping allies's bullets is 100% necessary. But why not make it a fun ability to use? Why not make it do something interesting, other than being a generic stun and nothing else?

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

You may have heard separately-Moddable 'Exalted' weapons are coming. This is true - and all 'Exalted' weapons use the Mod classes you'd expect. But Titania's Dex Pixia is different. We had to make a choice - right now on live it uses Shotgun or Rifle Mods. This isn't compatible with the way Modding works once it is an exposed option, so we've pivoted in a direction that also Buffs Dex Pixia! Once separately-Moddable 'Exalted' weapons goes live, Dex Pixia will use SECONDARY mods! Since there are no dual-primaries in game, we felt it was best to use Secondary Mods to not only buff, but also be consistent! 

i put 5 formas on my titania what means that now exalted weapons are moddable, also this is meant to be a stealth nerf to the only snipers/bows sorties right?

Limbo changes sounds great for non-limbo frames, but will cataclysm's range shrinking go with the duration? Would allowing only ally full gear and limited limbo(the casters) weapons be an idea? Since the changes I can't see much a downside even with duration being halved.

Look, since I'm a total Titania main  I've done a lot of builds for her and none worked with ANY tipe of secondary... Not even the strongest build, and belive me when I say that's a total nerf, couse buffing doesn't mean effectiveness... Also she's already weak and the funniest was becoming pretty small machine gun while shotting enchants, lanterns and avoiding status effects... LIKE A TOTAL BLOOD NEEDED FAIRY... Hoping you to reconsider this, couse she was already forgotten and this leaves me with no desire to use.

Limbo sounds actually good... hope it gets funnier than already is.

Archived