The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please stop staying afk on elite onslaught.

Pauluce

7 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

You can make a support report, which does have an AFK option, just use your image as evidence.

I think video evidence would proabably be of more use.  It's impossible to tell who's AFK and who's not from a single frame image unless everybody else is mid-animation.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

I think video evidence would proabably be of more use.  It's impossible to tell who's AFK and who's not from a single frame image unless everybody else is mid-animation.

0 damage dealt or taken is a pretty clear proof of someone being AFK, or an insane parkour-master

58 minutes ago, Pauluce said:

If you want to bring limbo or not be the one that deals damage or whatever, just try to be useful for the team: buff, healing, whatever but don't stay in the rift for 20 minutes. (http://prntscr.com/jtz1p5 funny screenshot, that guy must've gotten bored as hell lol)

I agree.

I think the game should kick players out of onslaught if they dont kill any enemy in 5 or 10 seconds. 

A complainer's possible question: "bu... but... but.... I have lag because of a bad connection, a potato computer and that....."

My answer:  "Get a damn better one!!!  This is a shooting game, not a turn based game. "

Edited by AnGeL_KRoM

43 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

I've already reported a lot of users for being AFK. The support usually asks for the End of Mission reward screen, then for being sure that the report is successful I also add additional infos like genre of mission, local time when it started and ended, party components, and a screen where the user idled.

Edited by TonnoTuna

vor 8 Minuten schrieb AnGeL_KRoM:

I agree.

I think the game should kick players out of onslaught if they dont kill any enemy in 5 or 10 seconds. 

A complainer's possible question: "bu... but... but.... I have lag because a bad connection, potato computer and that....."

My answer:  "Get a better one!!!  This is a shooting game, not a turn based game. "

5-10 seconds are way to less. But I agree, afk should be kicked like any other game does.

2 mins until you get kicked sounds reasonably to me.

This is not a shooting game, this is an efficient horde-slaying grind game. If you want to fund people to get them better PC's, go ahead, until then, get out with your elitism.

Also every single ESO pub I've played had someone who was using that super-efficient horde-slaying build, you got 1.4k kills between the two of you, obviously you didn't have much use for him anyway. People who play the super-efficient builds are fine, but if they're crying about someone else not contributing, that's super counter-intuitive. Those people just adapted to the meta of saryn/equinox/volt/etc. carrying every single pub game, no reason to complain.

Bottom line: Stop complaining about how the others play their game and just #*!%ing play the game. The afkers aren't sabotaging anything in most of the missions, if anything, he saved you the effort to revive him over and over.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

0 damage dealt or taken is a pretty clear proof of someone being AFK, or an insane parkour-master

Yeah but it can also indicate joining late.  Perhaps not in Onslaught, but I've joined games before and ended up getting no scores on everything because the people already there blazed through.

vor 40 Minuten schrieb Starcanum:

Blablabla

Bottom line: Stop complaining about how the others play their game and just #*!%ing play the game. The afkers aren't sabotaging anything in most of the missions, if anything, he saved you the effort to revive him over and over.

Noone's complaining about how people play their game in this thread. People are complaining about that they aren't playing their game, buddy.

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem

vor 50 Minuten schrieb AnGeL_KRoM:

What if you're a supporter frame?
What if another DPS-player was killing off the enemies too fast?
This idea is bad. However what could be ... if someone was afk at the portal creation, this individual just should not be able to pass through.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

Noone's complaining about how people play their game. People are complaining about how they aren't playing their game, buddy.

More to the point, afk in a mode where you need to efficiently deal with as many enemies as possible is a terrible burden they're placing on other players. So their argument holds no water. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

Noone's complaining about how people play their game. People are complaining about how they aren't playing their game, buddy.

Nah my man, playing the game isn't restricted to shooting stuff at ESO. They're managing their collection by leveling the stuff they need and getting drops from ESO, that is in fact playing the game. And people like you should just mind their own business as long as the other players don't actually decrease their efficiency in one way or another. And let me tell you, a saryn or an equinox can already solo 100%, so even 3 afkers wouldn't decrease the efficiency, they'd just increase the number of spawns that makes it even more comfortable for saryn/equinox/volt/etc.

Just now, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

More to the point, afk in a mode where you need to efficiently deal with as many enemies as possible is a terrible burden they're placing on other players. So their argument holds no water. 

See above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Use report function.
Thats the only way of getting rid of those people.

45 minutes ago, TonnoTuna said:

I've already reported a lot of users for being AFK. The support usually asks for the End of Mission reward screen, then for being sure that the report is successful I also add additional infos like genre of mission, local time when it started and ended, party components, and a screen where the user idled.

no... the way to get rid is...
STOP JOINING PUBs
make or join a premade squad its really simple as that

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

or you could just not go through Public games. the moment you click to start a PUG game, you forfeit your right to complain if you land a bad squad. either use recruit chat to vet out the active players, get friends or brave Solo. otherwise, accept that PUGs are a gamble, and a lot of the time, you're gonna lose.

1 hour ago, AnGeL_KRoM said:

I agree.

A complainer's possible question: "bu... but... but.... I have lag because of a bad connection, a potato computer and that....."

My answer:  "Get a damn better one!!!  This is a shooting game, not a turn based game. "

Oh yeah, until someone says: "I go to bath 1 min" and when he came back will realise was kicked for "Afk".

3 minutes ago, Tora.Prime said:

Basically being leecher...

Use some god damn common sense. You can label it with any word that you want, it means nothing in the context of the missions we've got here. Leechers were problematic in MMO's where every point of DPS counted. Here it doesn't matter whatsoever, an AFK group with 1 saryn will be as efficient as a group of players who are trying to kill stuff (and then failing and complaining about how OP the AoE builds are).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Yeah but it can also indicate joining late.  Perhaps not in Onslaught, but I've joined games before and ended up getting no scores on everything because the people already there blazed through.

Or missions where there is no reason to actually kill anything. I personally take pride in getting a zero score in Spy and Rescue because it becomes a kind of mini game to see if you can get from Point A, do the thing at point B,C,Etc and then extract without Raising an alarm, killing, taking damage etc. 

I had to semi afk later on in the levels as I kept going down, I'm just a mag with barely any mods(only got 3 equipped) and a mk1 braton, skana and lato and when it unlocked I thought yeay lets try it out but got matched with such strong players that eventually alI could do was run around not doing much or hiding so I don't get hit and cast my 2nd ability to be semi useful now and then as eventually we fought lvl 40 enemies and I would go down in seconds, especially vs the grineer, I'm just glad I could be a bit of use through my 2nd and 3rd ability even if I had to semi-afk later on

3 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

It's never about single reports, a single report achieves nothing, but it may leave an internal note on the players name, so when the next person makes a report, the evidence builds.