Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some older TennoGen not on consoles

So I was checking out Vauban on the wiki and noticed his Chapelon helmet from TennoGen was not on console when I went to look for it in the market. After digging a little deeper I found the TennoGen list and saw the sections that said PC exclusive and I wondered why they were exclusive as they were from several waves ago like the Chapelon being from round 4 in fact most of round 4 is not on consoles like the Excalibur apex skin. Also I saw that some like the Oberon Ferosh helmet were on console despite what the wiki said. I understand stuff like the phased skin and other steam exclusives because consoles have Obsidian and Jade skins. At some point the helmets and skins did come to console like the Oberon Ferosh helmet so I have to wonder will these come. I would like to say that I know TennoGen often comes to consoles late but some of these are from several waves ago. If anyone has any information I would very much appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

There is so much tennogen stuff. I imagine the various pieces will eventually make it to console. 

Or will new items linked to tennogen stop being added when tennogen is over?

Honestly I do not mind buying cosmetics with money instead of platinum. The whole thing about steam was that people got a specific percentage of the profit, right? They could make a new version of the renown pack and have it be the items with legal payment issues. I imagine some of the gear was made by users that wanted a cut of the money and have some right to the design still. 

the skins from round 12 are delayed twice and are yet to be added ingame and you think DE cares or ina rush to add old items ? NO. they are slaking on adding these items a couple of month ago older items were added incuding rhino and nyx graxx which took them over a year to add so yeah you wont be getting them anytime soon but they are probably gona be added eventually 

On 2018-06-21 at 1:13 PM, (PS4)dursereg said:

Perhaps the creator/s didn't want to sell them outright.

The only reason some Tennogen items aren't on console is because DE chose not to put them on console.

All those helmets are steam exclusives.

I found this old quote:

"On PC there are three people that get a cut of every tennogen sale:
-Steam gets a cut because of use of the steam workshop.
-DE gets a cut because they own the game
-The creator gets the rest because they spent time and effort making the skin and should be rewarded for that.

DE can't just turn around and start offering the items for plat because that would violate their contract with Steam and with the Content Creators.
And if DE tried making future items plat only you can be guaranteed that the quality of items offered would drop dramatically as good quality creators don't want to be paid in what basically amounts to monopoly money.

On consoles though it has a different process.
DE approaches the creators and asks them "We want to buy all rights to sell this skin on consoles and get all the profits from those sales.  In exchange we'll pay you this lump sum."
Not all content creators agree, and DE only goes after the items that they think will sell the best."

Edited by sati44