The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I can't even kill a level 32 grineer, please help

MicrosoftAnarchy

Question

Hey guys, this is my first time on here. I was hoping someone would have and pointers for what to do with my Paris prime to kill things level 30 and up. I just have to say I'm not the best at farming since I get overwhelmed easy and I don't really have any good mods since I'm only mastery 5 but I hope I can still be helped 

The first thing I can think of is: are your mods ranked up at all?

You can tell how far a mod has been ranked up based on the number of glowing dots on the bottom center of a given mod card.  To increase them, you'll need Endo, and credits.

Another thing to aim for is making sure you have Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, and Vital Sense on your Paris Prime at least. 

After that, start adding elemental mods based on enemies you'll be fighting.

2 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

How's your mod setup on the bow? For bows like paris you want the crit mods like vital sense and point strike for maximum effectiveness. And of course the standard serration for general damage.

I have a maxed Point strike, a halfway maxed Serration, and a regular vital sense with corrosive for Grineer

1 minute ago, rhoenix said:

The first thing I can think of is: are your mods ranked up at all?

You can tell how far a mod has been ranked up based on the number of glowing dots on the bottom center of a given mod card.  To increase them, you'll need Endo, and credits.

Another thing to aim for is making sure you have Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, and Vital Sense on your Paris Prime at least. 

After that, start adding elemental mods based on enemies you'll be fighting.

I have a maxed Point strike, a regular vital sense, and a halfway maxed Serration along with corrosive and magnetic. I'm working on maximizing my elemental damage as well

1 minute ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

Hi there

There are a lot of mods like Serration, Split Chamber , Vigilante Armaments etc that greatly boost your damage

and like Omega said you need many mods like vital sense/point strike almost mandatory

If you need some help I can always give you my spare mods I dont need.

Hmu in game

Or lmk if you need more help

I would be thankful if you could give me the spares, send me a friend request if you don't mind 

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:
2 minutes ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

Serration is one mod you most definitely need to max

165% Damage does make a big difference

2 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

hmm seems decent enough for lvl 32s by that point to me. Are you charging your shots for maximum damage, and you don't have a dragon key in your gear right?.

I was charging my shots, yes, and I'm not even in a clan so no dragon key, the guy just wouldn't die 

Just now, MicrosoftAnarchy said:

I have a maxed Point strike, a regular vital sense, and a halfway maxed Serration along with corrosive and magnetic. I'm working on maximizing my elemental damage as well

That's a great start.  Split Chamber gives you multishot (free extra shots per trigger pull) on any rifle weapon, including bows.  Hell's Chamber does the same for shotguns, and Barrel Diffusion is for secondaries.

Next, I'd suggest using either Corrosive (electric + toxin), or Radiation  (electric + fire) against Grineer.  If you can't make either one, fire, toxic, and cold work pretty well.

Just now, (XB1)Apexsea2004 said:

what do all the elements do? i just go for explosion because... well, whats good against an explosion?

and viral because i think it ignores armor.

viral's effect ignores armor but the damage type doesn't.

Heres a list of effects.

heat stuns enemies for a bit

toxin causes a dot and the damage ignores all shields (perfect anti-corpus)

elec stuns and causes damage to all enemies in the area,

blast knocks down

radiation causes friendly fire and friendly aggro

gas spreads toxin to all nearby enemies

corrosive strips armor (great on grineer)

magnetic strips shields 

viral halves maximum health

They each have damage bonuses and resistances against certain health types but im not going to give the full lecture here.

1 minute ago, rhoenix said:

That's a great start.  Split Chamber gives you multishot (free extra shots per trigger pull) on any rifle weapon, including bows.  Hell's Chamber does the same for shotguns, and Barrel Diffusion is for secondaries.

Next, I'd suggest using either Corrosive (electric + toxin), or Radiation  (electric + fire) against Grineer.  If you can't make either one, fire, toxic, and cold work pretty well.

I would get a Multishot but I have no idea how to

Just now, MicrosoftAnarchy said:

I would get a Multishot but I have no idea how to

All three are rare mods unfortunately, but the survival mission on Mercury is a pretty good place to get Split Chamber at least, IIRC.

You're otherwise fairly good on mod setups, I'd suggest working on your elemental damage a bit more until you can get the multishot mods.

Just now, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

Trade chat?

I would give it to you if I werent chat banned 😛

I have no platnum to trade with, I'm horrible at trading and don't have much of value. Also, what's your name in game so I can get those spares you were talking about?

Just now, rhoenix said:

All three are rare mods unfortunately, but the survival mission on Mercury is a pretty good place to get Split Chamber at least, IIRC.

You're otherwise fairly good on mod setups, I'd suggest working on your elemental damage a bit more until you can get the multishot mods.

Alright, I just need to up my mod capacity and farm for credits do I can Max my Serration and stuff